Page 569 of 766 FirstFirst ... 69 469 519 559 567 568 569 570 571 579 619 669 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Going in circles...
    enh. . . i suppose i see where you're coming from, but why does that matter? who would you rather have, afflalo or fournier?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    enh. . . i suppose i see where you're coming from, but why does that matter? who would you rather have, afflalo or fournier?
    Igoudala.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Igoudala.

oh please, that's a cop-out and you know it. . . he wouldn't re-sign here. . . answer the question, claire. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    oh please, that's a cop-out and you know it. . . he wouldn't re-sign here. . . answer the question, claire. . .
    Neither? I thought Fournier had a little promise, but probably not enough. Afflalo is a meddling type of guy, IMO. Forced to pick, Afflalo, but it's not ideal for a two-guard if they are ever going to go anywhere.

Now, he's blocking a promising young rookie.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Afflalo is a meddling type of guy, IMO.
    he rolls with scooby doo and solves mysteries?

also, FTR, i believe he has an ETO after next year, so he's probably just a rental-- shouldn't exactly create a logjam at the position. . .

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

8. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Neither? I thought Fournier had a little promise, but probably not enough. Afflalo is a meddling type of guy, IMO. Forced to pick, Afflalo, but it's not ideal for a two-guard if they are ever going to go anywhere.

Now, he's blocking a promising young rookie.
    Maybe not. Gallinari will inevitably be injured and Fflalo will move to the SF spot and open room for Harris.

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Ill give the Nuggets GM credit for one thing. In the last 2 days he's added 3 players to this roster that can come in and play both half court defense and half court offense. Word is, that they're trying to sign Faried to an extension. I think it's a mistake. Sell high on the kid and bring in a power forward that can score in a half court system and actually play some defense. I know that it's an unpopular opinion, but Faried is a role player, pure and simple. He'll never be anything more, and his defense will lose playoff games. Put him in a half court offense and he's lost. He'll spend his career shining in the run and gun system in the regular season and being exposed in the playoffs.

13. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

good article about the nugs and this draft. . .

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Brian Shaw believes no additional Nuggets roster moves are necessary

Once again, Nuggets coach Brian Shaw is good with the roster.

A year ago, he was as well. But after a big draft day for the Nuggets in which they traded for veteran shooting guard Arron Afflalo and then landed center Jusuf Nurkic and shooting guard Gary Harris in a deal with the Chicago Bulls, visions of a versatile roster danced through his head.

“If everybody is healthy and available, then I think we’re good,” Shaw said. “That’s how I felt last year going into the season.”
    rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...cessary/10996/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Maybe the 8 seed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Maybe the 8 seed.
    If all remain healthy, I could see better than that.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Maybe the 8 seed.
    If everyone is healthy it will be as high as the 4th seed.....and another first or second round exit. At least the Nuggets are starting to bring the right guys in. This won't happen overnight, but I'm encouraged by the 3 new faces coming in this year. It looks like Shaw will get his type of team if he lasts through more early playoff exits.

After studying Nurkic for a few days, he's actually a very intriguing player. He reminds me of a young Pau Gasol. He has a very nice post game. He can finish with either hand in the paint, shoots free throws well, and has the size to bang with bigs on the defensive end. He's definitely a guy that can play a half court game and generate offense down low, which is what the Nuggets sorely needed. Between him, Harris, and Afflalo, the Nuggets brought in 3 players who can play ball the way coach Shaw prefers. Good defense and a half court offense. Of course, they can all run the court well while the transition takes place over the next 2-3 years. I like the direction the new GM is going in....as long as Faried doesn't get overpaid here soon.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information