Page 567 of 766 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 577 617 667 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

•Berger reports that Dario Saric‘s invitation to the draft-night green room might be the result of a promise from the Nuggets to grab him with the 11th pick. The article also notes that teams in the mid-to-late lottery have tried to get Saric to work out for them, but have been told he’ll be gone by the time they pick.
    http://www.hoopsrumors.com/denver-nuggets

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Denver Nuggets Draft Overview

Areas of Strength
    Point guard and power foward. Concerns that high-octane penetrator Ty Lawson would not adapt well to whatever offense Brian Shaw implemented were put to rest as he posted career highs in points (17.6) and assists (8.8) despite a transition season riddled with injuries. Kenneth Faried, although in trade rumors after a slow start to the season, averaged more than 30 mpg in the final two months and put up career-type numbers.

Needs Work
    Health. The Nuggets will welcome back small forward Dino Gallinari, who missed all of last season with a knee injury suffered in April 2013. They also hold out hope that JaVale McGee, who played just five games before a stress fracture in his left leg ended his season, can put his cartoonish past behind him and emerge as a reliable, two-way starting center.

Two Stats That Matter
    19.2 -- Kenneth Faried’s scoring average in March showed real promise he can be an offensive threat after averaging less than 12 ppg in his first two seasons, and he didn’t average more than 13.8 ppg in the first four months of the season. Alongside Lawson and Gallinari, this has potential to be a lethal inside-out trio.
    rest - http://www.nba.com/draft/2014/teams/...:draft:tracker

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm kind of baffled by this:

@WindhorstESPN: Nuggets re-acquire Arron Afflalo for Evan Fournier and 56th pick tonight: http://t.co/10l3qOrmtd

And something that sums up my initial thoughts:
    @DanMikan: Afflalo trade is like so many of TC's moves - it's a fine and decent deal but shows the overall lack of long-term strategy.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

@MikePradaSBN: 1. DEN traded Afflalo for Iguodala.

2. DEN traded Iguodala for a trade exception.

3. DEN used trade exception to deal for Afflalo.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Chris Dempsey @dempseypost · 3h

Confirmed Yahoo report that the #Nuggets have traded Evan Fournier to Orlando for Arron Afflalo and the 56th pick.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nuggets acquire Arron Afflalo in early draft day trade

No longer a franchise to sit still and wait when there are team needs to be filled, the Nuggets got to work quickly Thursday on roster improvements by reacquiring an old friend, shooting guard Arron Afflalo from the Orlando Magic.

Afflalo returns to the Nuggets in exchange for Evan Fournier and the 56th pick in the draft.

Afflalo's acquisition will not be a means to another end. According to NBA sources, Afflalo will remain with the Nuggets and not be flipped in another trade with any other team, making him the frontrunner to be the Nuggets starting shooting guard next season.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...raft-day-trade

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm kind of baffled by this:

@WindhorstESPN: Nuggets re-acquire Arron Afflalo for Evan Fournier and 56th pick tonight: http://t.co/10l3qOrmtd

And something that sums up my initial thoughts:
    @DanMikan: Afflalo trade is like so many of TC's moves - it's a fine and decent deal but shows the overall lack of long-term strategy.
    It all depends on what they do from here. They may be trying to flip him in another trade. The 11 spot in this draft is deep with 2 guards. I'm not going to try to read anything into this trade until I see how the rest of the night goes. Afflalo might not be here long.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It all depends on what they do from here. They may be trying to flip him in another trade. The 11 spot in this draft is deep with 2 guards. I'm not going to try to read anything into this trade until I see how the rest of the night goes. Afflalo might not be here long.
    The Post report says the opposite. It would be just like the Nuggets to trade for a two-guard on the day of the draft that has the best group of two-guards in 10 years...

Adopted Bronco:

Chris Dempsey @dempseypost · 3h

Again, Afflalo will not be flipped for anyone else, according to Post sources. He'll be in Denver back with the #Nuggets for next season.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Post report says the opposite. It would be just like the Nuggets to trade for a two-guard on the day of the draft that has the best group of two-guards in 10 years...
    If the Nuggets pass on Harris because of the Afflalo trade, I'm not going to be a happy camper. On the glass half full side, at least Brian Shaw has a player that can fit his system. Oh what I would give for the Nuggets to blow this team up and trade up for a top 3 pick in this draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If the Nuggets pass on Harris because of the Afflalo trade, I'm not going to be a happy camper. On the glass half full side, at least Brian Shaw has a player that can fit his system. Oh what I would give for the Nuggets to blow this team up and trade up for a top 3 pick in this draft.
    That doesn't appear likely to happen. From what I've seen this morning they are trying to get out of the most talented draft class in the last five years.

smh

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Chris Dempsey @dempseypost · 2h

Afflalo on if #Nuggets are playoff worthy: "No question. In fact I just think it's up to us to put ourselves in contention.."

Afflalo says he has talked with coach Shaw: "For us it's going to be about chemistry & really putting it all out on the table to win..."

Afflalo: "It feels good to come back as a better player, & somebody that can really impact the this current team & the franchise." #Nuggets

Arron Afflalo: "I'm excited. My whole career has been about maturity & growth & Denver is the first team that gave me the opp. to grow."

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think Gary Harris is the hidden gem in this draft. He plays well on both ends of the court, and has a chance to become that superstar that the Nuggets need. He's the type of player that Brian Shaw needs to run his type of system. He'd be a great piece in the rebuilding process.
    Chad Ford has Denver passing on Harris and going with Dario Saric, which makes sense if they keep Afflalo.

Adopted Bronco:

Doug McDermott

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Retweeted by Chris Dempsey
    Sam Amick @sam_amick · 1m

I'm told Doug McDermott will head to Chicago via trade with Denver. Getting more details now.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information