Page 561 of 766 FirstFirst ... 61 461 511 551 559 560 561 562 563 571 611 661 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Let's see if the Nuggets are in the NBA finals in 5 years or if they'll be where I suspect, completely irrelevant.
    lmao! okay, nostradamus. . . there was zero chance that they could ever get there under karl, but you're a real genius for noticing that they won't get there now either. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I watch all of the Nuggets' games, read/hear what Shaw says, and he has changed to liking the run and gun. If you have watched Kenneth lately, he is doing great, not only on defense, but also offense.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/features/...-roles-nuggets
    What do you expect Shaw to say? Yeah, I screwed up by picking a team that has the exact opposite style that I want to run? Of course he's going to say that he's ok with the run and gun offense to the media.

3. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

We are who I thought we'd be with Shaw.

But then, you fire the coach of the year what would you expect. We might not have won the west but we would have at least been in the playoffs.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    What do you expect Shaw to say? Yeah, I screwed up by picking a team that has the exact opposite style that I want to run? Of course he's going to say that he's ok with the run and gun offense to the media.
    Again, I watch the games, and many times either Hastings or Marlowe makes the comment, during the game, that Shaw is telling the Nuggets to run.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post

But then, you fire the coach of the year what would you expect. We might not have won the west but we would have at least been in the playoffs.
    with no iggy and all the injuries we've had?

i don't buy that for a second. . . besides, it was time to rebuild anyway. . . if karl couldn't win in the playoffs with last year's magical three seed team, he was never going to. . . first round was his ceiling without chauncey coaching the team for him. . . i'd rather rebuild around a lottery pick-- with a suddenly plenty nice back court of lawson and foye-- than watch another year of GK's no hope, no future "winners". . . screw that junk. . . the NBA is what it is, it takes even good organizations a few years to break the cycle of perpetual mediocrity. . . whether we ARE a good organization remains to be seen, but it's at least worth a try-- can't fault 'em for not continuing to settle, once karl forced the issue by demanding an extension that he quite blatantly did NOT deserve after mark jackson coached rings around his sorry, lazy old ass. . .

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post

Karl isn't that good. This team would be no better this year than it is now with Karl.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Again, I watch the games, and many times either Hastings or Marlowe makes the comment, during the game, that Shaw is telling the Nuggets to run.
    He's a half court coach at heart, but he's not stupid. He's telling this team to run because it's the only chance that the players on this roster have to win games in the regular season. It's what this team was built for. If he had better personnel, I guarantee you he'd be having them play his style of offense. Right now, it's not an option.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

why is the people who wanted karl gone are now the ones defending this laker ********.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    why is the people who wanted karl gone are now the ones defending this laker ********.
    Ooh fun...back to this lame argument.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Karl needed to go. It's really as simple as that.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Karl needed to go. It's really as simple as that.
    Agreed. This roster also needs to be blown up and rebuilt. It's full of role players that are best suited to play in a run and gun offense. We may or may not have the right coach, but we assuredly have the wrong personnel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Agreed. This roster also needs to be blown up and rebuilt. It's full of role players that are best suited to play in a run and gun offense. We may or may not have the right coach, but we assuredly have the wrong personnel.
    I still think Lawson can operate in a half-court offense. Now, probably not a pick and roll half-court, but a drive and kick half court. The Nuggets problem is they don't have the shooters for that. Foye is a nice compliment, but he's not Gallinari. Gallinari can shoot off the pass and drive and kick, the Nuggets just need a few more shooters. They also need a back-to-the basket big man. I love Faried for his energy, but that's not him.

I think Ty can fit into just about any offense, but he's not a guy that you build a team around. The Nuggets don't have a player that you can really do that with. Hopefully they'll get some lottery luck and find him in this draft. The good Lord knows that we're overdue for some of that lotto luck.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

i think lawson and foye are fine. . . ty is good enough to be that second guy. . . which isn't good enough, in the end, unless we happen to luck into that number one guy with a probable late lottery pick-- which is likely not happening. . . still, twenty-some other franchises don't have that guy either. . . the friggin' NBA is what it is. . .

but, as far as it goes, i think lawson, foye and faried are fine pieces to go forward with-- paired with whoever we draft, obviously. . . i would trade gallo for nothing but cap relief if need be, the second he can hobble out on the court. . . everyone else is expendable as well, with an emphasis on getting rid of that bum javale. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

any coach could build a great team around ty and faried and gallo. Saying they cant mesh together....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information