Page 560 of 766 FirstFirst ... 60 460 510 550 558 559 560 561 562 570 610 660 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default J.J. Hickson to miss rest of Nuggets' season with torn ACL

The news came Saturday afternoon that the Nuggets would lose their fourth player for the balance of the season with an injury when J.J. Hickson's MRI revealed a torn ACL in his right knee.

The rest of the season is just 12 games, but he joins Danilo Gallinari, JaVale McGee and Nate Robinson, who all underwent season-ending surgeries.

He is the third Nuggets player to go down because of an ACL injury.

Hickson is the Nuggets' leading rebounder at 9.2 per game, and is the fifth-leading scorer at 11.8 points per game.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...ts-season-torn

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, that's three ACL's? Good grief.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

*snorts*

just par for the course. . . this has to be the worst nugs season ever. . . we totally fall apart, and we won't even get a good pick out of it. . . best draft class in years, and we'll almost certainly get the LAST f***ing pick in the gawd damn lottery, and get some worthless consolation prize of a player. . . we're more firmly rooted in mediocrity than ever-- we can't even tank effectively. . . eff the knicks, i hope MSG burns to the ground. . . what a no hope franchise we are. . .

Adopted Bronco:

Default Brian Shaw sheds light on Nuggets' future before loss to Oklahoma City

from article:

If there were any questions as to whether Nuggets coach Brian Shaw was going to drastically change things philosopically for next season, or look to influence a roster overhaul to get the team looking more like the Indiana Pacers, he won't. If there was any question that the team is open to building the roster around point guard Ty Lawson, Shaw squashed that.

It is a big-time comment on where the Nuggets are headed, and the coach's clearest remarks to date on what to look for from his team in the future. They are sleekly built, and will continue to be so.

Offensively, Shaw said, "in terms of the fast pace, the way the team is built, that's more conducive for us to play at a faster pace. I still want us to be a team that can execute in the half court when the game does slow down. I think that we've grown in that area this year. The biggest leap we can take, obviously is defensively, getting much, much better and being more consistent in rebounding, especially defensive rebounding."
    full article - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...re-before-loss

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Translation: "Even though I know this style won't win in the playoffs, I inherited a team that can only play this way so we're all screwed until we get some different personnel in here."

Adopted Bronco:

Default Memo to Nuggets: Take a look at LaPhonso Ellis for helping hand

There appears to be a blueprint of how to turn around a struggling pro sports franchise in Denver. Former Nuggets star LaPhonso Ellis wishes the people running his old team would take a long look at it.

Ellis thinks the formula that is working like magic in the Mile High City involves putting a former star player in a position of authority. He cites John Elway coming back to the Broncos and building a Super Bowl roster. He also points to Joe Sakic and Patrick Roy coming back to the Avalanche in the past year and helping lead a resurgence.

Ellis was in Denver recently for the reunion of the 1993-94 Nuggets team that shocked Seattle in a first-round NBA playoff series. It was a great night for reminiscing with the likes of coach Dan Issel and all-star Dikembe Mutombo among those in attendance, but Ellis was just as interested in talking about the team's future, and how he could help the Nuggets.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/classics/c...-ellis-helping

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    rofl!!

because laphonso ellis is totally comparable to john freaking elway and st. patty roy. . .

8. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Ty Lawson, Kenneth Faried urged to step up

Recently, Nuggets coach Brian Shaw pulled his "billboard players" — Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried — into his office.

He wanted to chat about leadership for the remainder of this season and beyond.

"Just to talk to them about the step that I want to see both of them take, starting these last games, being the faces of the franchise," Shaw said. "Ty has already been paid. Kenneth is trying to get paid. And the expectations that come with both of those guys being the faces. Just trying to get them to understand that, not just in games but also in practice.
    AND

How receptive was the duo to the meeting and increased expectations in leadership?

"That's left to be seen," Shaw said. "They listened, and it seemed that they acknowledged what I was saying. But hearing that and going out and applying it are two different things. I just want to keep encouraging both of them to start thinking more in those terms because they've kind of come to the forefront as the cornerstones that this team is going to be built around."
    full article - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...-urged-step-up

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Well this firing Karl thing is working out fantastic.

Cue MO calling me an idiot in 3.....2......1...
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

You may not be an idiot, but that comment is idiotic. The Nuggets have been hammered with injuries, and they've brought in a coach that runs a half court offense with a roster full of run and gun players. If the Nuggets would have kept Karl, we may have made the playoffs........and gotten bounced in the first round again. I'll take the rebuilding phase. When the 'faces of your franchise' are Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried, you not winning a championship or even challenging for one. Shaw got screwed. I hope they change this roster up soon.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You may not be an idiot, but that comment is idiotic. The Nuggets have been hammered with injuries, and they've brought in a coach that runs a half court offense with a roster full of run and gun players. If the Nuggets would have kept Karl, we may have made the playoffs........and gotten bounced in the first round again. I'll take the rebuilding phase. When the 'faces of your franchise' are Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried, you not winning a championship or even challenging for one. Shaw got screwed. I hope they change this roster up soon.
    I watch all of the Nuggets' games, read/hear what Shaw says, and he has changed to liking the run and gun. If you have watched Kenneth lately, he is doing great, not only on defense, but also offense.

After a monster March, Faried opened April with authority, scoring 34 points and grabbing 13 rebounds Wednesday night against the New Orleans Pelicans. He became the first NBA player since at least 1985-86 to reach those numbers while playing less than 27 minutes.
    After winning fans with his hustle and high-flying dunks in his first two seasons, Faried has taken pride in expanding his all-around game. His touch around the basket has improved, along with his free-throw shooting and ability to make plays for others in transition.
    http://www.nba.com/nuggets/features/...-roles-nuggets

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

you just plain don't know what you're talking about. . .

the broncos ended up with the second pick in the draft two years after firing shanahan-- you think anybody wants his spray tan ass back now??

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you just plain don't know what you're talking about. . .

the broncos ended up with the second pick in the draft two years after firing shanahan-- you think anybody wants his spray tan ass back now??
    Let's see if the Nuggets are in the NBA finals in 5 years or if they'll be where I suspect, completely irrelevant.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

So the Nuggets coach equals McDaniels?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Kiszla: Kenneth Faried too legit to ship away

He is more than the Manimal now. In a sad season for the Nuggets, here's the No. 1 reason to smile: Kenneth Faried has grown from being a lovable cartoon character to a real-life NBA player to be taken seriously as a star on the rise.

Back in October, Faried was the Denver player most likely to be traded, with rumors so fast and furious it messed with the 24-year-old forward's head.
    AND

I mentioned the trade rumors that troubled Faried to Denver general manager Tim Connelly, and before I could formulate anything resembling a semi-intelligent question, Connelly painfully contorted his face like a dude who had swallowed a spoonful of cinnamon on a dare.

"Pshaw," Connelly said.

Loose translation: Trade the Manimal? Are you kidding?

"In the last six weeks of the season, there are only a handful of players in the league who have been better than Kenneth Faried," Connelly said. "He rebounds like he's 7-feet tall. His intensity and toughness overcomes his lack of size. His shooting percentage is high. And, of course, his energy level in contagious. In a lot of ways, Faried determines how we play."
    full article - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...egit-ship-away

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information