Page 52 of 766 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

GREAT win - Melo with the winning shot - 2.5 seconds left in the game

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I did not think Denver would be in first place (of the NW) with a 22-12 record at this point...

Especially after trading AI...

Good job Nugs...

4. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    OHHHHH!

MELO DA MAN!

Now that was a game! Great to see Mello hit the game winner. It looked bleak in the 3rd and early inthe 4th for the Nuggets. That's a game that they lose by 15 last season.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Well did not get to see the game last night due to work but followed it as much as I could. They blew a 26 point lead which you hate to see but held on for the win against a very good Hornets team that has had teh Nuggets number as of late, coming off that road trip and buzzer beater it is a good win for Denver to start their seven game home stand which could be huge for them.

Chauncey still a bit of a roller coaster when it comes to his FG's, but still getting used to Denver and team just needs to keep playing together.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Nugs are playing great!

Of course, the regular season really hasn't been the major issue of late...it's the post season where I'd like to see some improvement.

Melo has a broken hand. It will be interesting to see which way Karl goes with the lineup. I'm hoping Balkman gets most of his minutes so this team can turn it around defensively.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Melo has a broken hand. It will be interesting to see which way Karl goes with the lineup. I'm hoping Balkman gets most of his minutes so this team can turn it around defensively.
    Definitely not good news in regards to Melo. Also, Melo has not turned into a defensive genius, but he definitely has been playing better defense with Chauncey here.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Melo out 3 to 4 weeks with broken hand

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...7244&catid=339

Melo out 3 to 4 weeks with broken hand

DENVER - The Denver Nuggets will have to play the next three to four weeks without their top scorer.

All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony learned Tuesday that his broken hand will keep him sidelined for at least that long.

Anthony scored 21 points and had a season-high nine assists Monday, despite hurting his hand in the third quarter of Denver's 135-115 win over the Indiana Pacers when he was fouled hard.

The Pacers' Jeff Foster tried to swat the ball, but instead hit Anthony's hand.

Anthony's hand will be placed in a splint while the non-displaced 3rd metacarpal fracture on his right (shooting) hand heals.

9NEWS and 9NEWS.com will update this story as more information becomes available.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Oh, great. Right before the big matchup against Miami on national TV. Hopefully Chauncey and co. show up big time to carry the load.

Another note: the Nuggs have gotten pretty lax on defense again. Don't know who to blame, but giving up 115 points in a game is a definite negative, and we'll see a good 5-10 pts. less per game with Melo out.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

They start to lax when they get big leads and thats what happened last night in the 1st qtr! Up 20 they let the Pacers right back into it and it turned out into a shootout!

We will see what happens with Balkman. I love his energy and this could be an opportunity if Karl gives it to him for him to show more, but I am not quit as high on him as everyone since he has only really had clean up duty this year. Thinking he is going to automaticaly turn the defense around is a streatch IMO. But all it takes is th opportunity right?
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    They start to lax when they get big leads and thats what happened last night in the 1st qtr! Up 20 they let the Pacers right back into it and it turned out into a shootout!

We will see what happens with Balkman. I love his energy and this could be an opportunity if Karl gives it to him for him to show more, but I am not quit as high on him as everyone since he has only really had clean up duty this year. Thinking he is going to automaticaly turn the defense around is a streatch IMO. But all it takes is th opportunity right?
    I have no idea why Karl doesn't play him more. Every time he comes into the game he brings energy and nasty D. Did you see the game that he started for Kmart earlier this season?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nuggets trade Chucky Atkins to OKC

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11398724

Nuggets trade Chucky Atkins to OKC

The Nuggets have traded reserve guard Chucky Atkins to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for reserve center Johan Petro. Denver will also trade their first-round pick in the 2009 draft to the Thunder for the Thunder's second-round pick.

"I think that I deserve to play some, and obviously if they're making a trade for me, then they plan on using me," Atkins said this afternoon.

"The thing that kind of hurts was that I never got an opportunity. Injuries can happen to anybody, and Anthony Carter stepped in and did what he was supposed to do to keep this team afloat. No hard feelings. That's just the name of the game."

Atkins (1.9 points per game) signed with Denver during the summer of 2007 but battled injuries both this season and last, never cracking coach George Karl's rotation.

"We appreciate everything that the Nuggets have done to work this deal," said Atkins' agent, Andy Miller. "It's a win-win for both sides. For us, we look at it as an opportunity to get a fresh start and re-establish his identity. He really hasn't had a chance to gain any rhythm since his injury. And the Nuggets, it's an opportunity to get under the tax and be a playoff team."

With this move and the Cheikh Samb trade earlier this week, the Nuggets are now under the luxury-tax line of $71.15 million, after starting the summer close to $90 million.

Petro, the 22-year-old reserve center, averages 4.6 points and 4.3 rebounds. His best game was Dec. 5 against the Magic, when he scored 15 points in 19 minutes. The Nuggets were in desperate need for a reserve big man, and are down a man with the injury to Carmelo Anthony. The Nuggets play tonight against the Miami Heat at Pepsi Center.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

18. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

The Nuggets front office must have had a bad childhood experience with a first round draft pick. Either that or they are allergic to them. You don't build championship teams without using the draft. I'm really getting tired of this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Nuggets front office must have had a bad childhood experience with a first round draft pick. Either that or they are allergic to them. You don't build championship teams without using the draft. I'm really getting tired of this.
    I hadn't checked in with the Nuggets since I was home at x-mas, and of course I didn't miss Samb...but a 2015 draft pick? Conditionally? Seriously?

Couldn't we have just put him on a plane to L.A. with a sign that said "homeless center, please find good home."
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

The only thing I can think of is that I think they are still over the luxury tax, and a first rounder always demands more money than a second rounder.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information