Page 51 of 766 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Now the schedule gets tough. We'll see what this team is really made of in the next 3 games.
    One win, 2 losses and completely dominated by Cleveland. After watching the 3 games against elite teams, I'm going to have to say that Denver is a very good team, but not elite. I'm still looking for Kleiza to be traded, and mabye Chucky Atkins also. Looks like we need at least another big to do some harm come playoff time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

last night's game was
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    last night's game was
    I agree. This definitely is a tough part of the schedule. Back to back in Texas, home to play Cleveland last night, start time 8:30 , then at Phoenix tonight.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Nuggets really in a rut, offense just is not flowing at the moment and you can really see Anthony is bothered by the elbow problems at the moment.

We have been saying it since the start of the season they need another big guy for depth but you wonder who is out there. They want to move Atkins contract but I don't know if there are any big guys in Atkins contract range because Kronkie is sure not going to take on any contracts. LK is a good piece but will they move him?

Big home and home series starts Monday night with the Blazers, division game with the Jazz coming on strong and Portland showing they are here to stay.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

I still think Kleiza gets moved before the deadline, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Chucky Atkins go too. Chucky's contract has a very low guaranteed amount next season and Kleiza has always been a good trade commodity. I'll be looking for them both to get good minutes in the next month or so to build up thier trade value.

In the mean time, the Nuggets have to get back on track. Chauncie seems to be shooting way too early on possessions, but it's hard to get down on him when he's such a fantastic shooter. The D has slipped in the last few games. I hope this team can refocus on that end of the court.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Carmelo Anthony out for two games with elbow injury
    Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:22pm EST Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (0) [-] Text [+]
    1 of 1Full SizeNEW YORK (Reuters) - Denver Nuggets double All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony will sit out the next two games with a lingering elbow injury, the team said Monday.

Anthony, 24, is averaging 20.5 points and 7.4 rebounds this season but scored just 10 points on three of 13 shooting during a 108-101 loss to the Phoenix Suns Saturday.

He will miss a pair of games against the Portland Trail Blazers.

(Writing by Steve Ginsburg, editing by Pritha Sarkar)

http://www.reuters.com/article/sport...4BL4VG20081222
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

GREAT win for the Nuggets tonight - 97-89

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    Carmelo Anthony out for two games with elbow injury
    Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:22pm EST Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (0) [-] Text [+]
    1 of 1Full SizeNEW YORK (Reuters) - Denver Nuggets double All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony will sit out the next two games with a lingering elbow injury, the team said Monday.

Anthony, 24, is averaging 20.5 points and 7.4 rebounds this season but scored just 10 points on three of 13 shooting during a 108-101 loss to the Phoenix Suns Saturday.

He will miss a pair of games against the Portland Trail Blazers.

(Writing by Steve Ginsburg, editing by Pritha Sarkar)

http://www.reuters.com/article/sport...4BL4VG20081222

Sounds like Melo will be out at least 3 games now. Great win last night, without Melo. It was good to see the Nuggs getting back to basics. That's the best defense we've played in 4 games. I'm just surprised that I didn't see Balkman on the floor a lot with Melo out.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Great win tonight against Philly 105-101.

Down by 1 with some 3 minutes to go... outstrategized the 76ers and took the win at home.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    Great win tonight against Philly 105-101.

Down by 1 with some 3 minutes to go... outstrategized the 76ers and took the win at home.
    It's called "The Chauncey Factor".

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Did not get a chance to catch the game, wonderful 13 hour days on Sunday covering the NFL. But the time off did Melo good, 32 pts, 9 rebs, classis Melo game.

And to think reading some comments from people on Rockymoutainnews.com they were saying the Nuggets should trade Melo etc.. Billups is the x-factor, yes but a team with Billups and Anthony playing together more and more, with Nene/K-Mart getting stronger, how could you not look forward to that. Fans sometimes, lol.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Did not get a chance to catch the game, wonderful 13 hour days on Sunday covering the NFL. But the time off did Melo good, 32 pts, 9 rebs, classis Melo game.

And to think reading some comments from people on Rockymoutainnews.com they were saying the Nuggets should trade Melo etc.. Billups is the x-factor, yes but a team with Billups and Anthony playing together more and more, with Nene/K-Mart getting stronger, how could you not look forward to that. Fans sometimes, lol.
    It always starts to look great until K-Mart gets injured . Then we're usually back to our 7-8 seed prowess. But I REALLY like this team so far. Just crossing the fingers...

19. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

The Nuggets are starting to win again, but slipping on the defensive end. The opponents seem to be reaching the 100 point mark more often these days.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

It was a bit of an ugly win but a big win nearing the end of the East Coast swing. Raptors played hard last night and the Nuggets were able to just stick in there and weather the flurries the Raps had.

Karl got his 900th win as well last night!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

OHHHHH!

MELO DA MAN!

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information