Page 501 of 766 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 499 500 501 502 503 511 551 601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    carol, with all due respect, what exactly have our assistants accomplished to make you so enamored with them?

did you know that bernie B has been a HEAD coach before? did you know that he was actually the head coach of the nuggets for over two years? his experience level dwarfs the guys we have now, how in the world can you justify saying our current guys are "better?" what are basing that assesment on, besides pure blind homerism?
    It has been stated many times that it was the assistants who were running practices, who coached the players in Las Vegas in the summer league, who spent many of their off hours working with the players, etc. And yes, I am well aware that Bickerstaff was a Nuggets' HC, and he stunk, IMO.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Brian Shaw introduced as Nuggets coach; "I love this roster," he says

Brian Shaw, the newest coach on Denver's pro sports scene, is in town Tuesday as the Nuggets introduced him as their new coach at a news conference.

"I love this roster. I think it's young, fresh, energetic," Shaw said. "The team I just left in Indiana was a true team. We didn't have a superstar player. We didn't have a go-to guy. ... This team reminds me of the team I just left in Indiana."

Shaw was hired to replace George Karl, who was fired earlier this month.
    rest - plus video - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...gets-new-coach

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

fantastic Brian...now make them play defense like that team you just left.

So how do you guys go about getting your star player?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Well if brian can do here what he did in Indy, we make one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    So how do you guys go about getting your star player?
    For starters, I hope we don't re-sign Iggy. That's step #1 towards a lottery pick and re-allocating those resources to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    For starters, I hope we don't re-sign Iggy. That's step #1 towards a lottery pick and re-allocating those resources to the future.
    I don't think taking a team that just won a lot of games and tanking it will play well with the fans.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I don't think taking a team that just won a lot of games and tanking it will play well with the fans.
    It definitely won't. But re-signing a veteran at $17 mil/yr on a team that legitimately doesn't have a chance to compete for the title is equally stupid IMO.

It definitely won't. But re-signing a veteran at $17 mil/yr on a team that legitimately doesn't have a chance to compete for the title is equally stupid IMO.
    He's really going to get 17 million a year?

I rather doubt at this stage he will fetch 17...but I suspect he will still get over 10.

I would still be fine with having Iggy here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

it depends on the money, but he's not a legit "star" anyway. . . denver has plenty of trade assets if the right player became available, but otherwise you draft and develop. . . it doesn't absolutely have to be a top five pick, either. . . paul george, who beasted for indiana in this year's playoffs, was taken at 10-- roy hibbert was 17. . . klay thompson was 11. . . rondo was 21. . . and if you're talking superstar, the answer is probably "we don't". . . there are only a half-dozen or so, they typically aren't available. . .

So out of all the guys in your range, who do you think fits best for Shaw as a player?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

LOL, the Nuggets hired a Raiders fan. I smell sabotage. Josh McDaniels 2.0

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So out of all the guys in your range, who do you think fits best for Shaw as a player?
    If he runs the triangle strictly, which he said he's not going to do, Gallinari.

But Lawson is the focal point of this team. And he shouldn't be playing two-guard coming off screens in the half court. He needs to facilitate the offense.

This team is suited, as it stands now, for two half-court offenses, drive and kick (although they do need one or two more sharp shooters, but those are easier to find than a superstar) and the pick and roll with Lawson and Gallinari initiating the two-man game with Faried or Randolph. I still haven't really figured out where McGee and Koufus really fit in any offensive system.

Now, an interesting twist might be a Princeton-style movement offense, but I haven't seen enough of Stone and Fournier to see if they are good enough passers to run that type of style, and it's not really a pro offense, either.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I articulated poorly. Mo, your well thought out response was a waste.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information