Page 4 of 766 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Well Chucky hope you can get better and possibly provide something next season. JR could start to see some more mins due to this with the Nuggets still trying to find a consistaint threat from behind the arch. Who knows with Karl and JR, I know I would love to see him get more mins.
    I also would love to see JR get more mins. At times he shows a lot of promise.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

http://www.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=84334

Nene leaves team to take care of personal medical issue

DENVER (AP) - Nuggets forward Nene took an indefinite leave of absence from the team Friday to take care of a personal medical issue.

The Nuggets wouldn't comment further on what was wrong with Nene, who missed 22 games earlier this season after surgery on his left thumb.

"I'm very upset that I have to put a little delay on being with the team to take care of my health," Nene said in a statement. "It's hard to go through when things seem to be going so well. ... I want to get back on the court as soon as possible to help my teammates."

The news of his absence arrived 30 minutes before the Nuggets hosted the Orlando Magic.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Nene and his family," Nuggets coach George Karl said in a statement.

Nene is averaging 6.4 in both points and rebounds this season.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Does anyone know what's up with Nene? I guess he is having surgery today.

I have a theory but wondered if anyone actually knew.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

DENVER -- Doctors removed a tumor from Nuggets forward Nene Hilario, according to the player's Web site Tuesday.

The statement said the surgery was done Monday at a Denver hospital, but it did not indicate whether the tumor was cancerous or where it was located.

Nene's medical team will discuss what to do next after getting test results expected by the end of the week, the statement said.

Nene, who is from Brazil, took an indefinite leave of absence Friday. The team hasn't released any information about his condition.

Nene is averaging 6.4 points and 6.4 rebounds. He missed 22 games earlier this season after undergoing left thumb surgery.

He missed all but one game of the 2005-06 season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, and he missed 27 games the season before with a variety of ailments.

The Nuggets were scheduled to play the Hawks in Atlanta on Tuesday night after losing to the Bobcats 119-116 in Charlotte, N.C., on Monday.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
    Hope all is well Nene! Wish the best for your health and well being. I hope that you will be able to get back on the court someday.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Man, he just can't get healthy... that's a huge bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:

If you go to the Denver Nuggets site, there is a place where you can send wishes to Nene. Just heard on am950thefan that the tumor was found in his testicles area, but not known yet whether it was cancer or not.
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 01-15-2008 at 05:25 PM.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Its crazy how some players can go an entire 12,13,14 year career or longer and barely get a hang nail.

But then you have guys like Nene with all the talent in the world and one of the few that can hold Duncan in check out with injury after injury and now this. Its sad.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

http://www.nba.com/games/20080115/DENATL/recap.html Game Recap

The Nuggets can not give up 2 thirty point qtrs in the first half like they have in the last 2 games. It will result in a lose, back to back loses for the Nuggets. Shorthanded on the trip but it is hard to see the Nuggets just not even try and play defesne in the first half of games.

See how they rebound from this, still always behind that corner from good team to contender.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Adopted Bronco:

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=84669

Nene's tumor benign, player's Web site says

DENVER (AP) - The testicular tumor removed from Denver Nuggets forward Nene was benign, according to a statement posted on his Web site Thursday.

The tumor was removed Monday at a Denver hospital.

The Web site says "The joint medical team handling Nene's health has just released the results of the biopsy," and that "exams show that the tumor is benign."

The statement says more information will be released later Thursday.

Nene took an indefinite leave of absence from the team last Friday.

There's no timetable for his return.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez

Can we just get the trio of Nene, Kmart, and Camby healthy at one time? Man, I hope Nene can return by the All Star break.

I hope Nene gets better soon, the guy is a pretty good player.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    I hope Nene gets better soon, the guy is a pretty good player.
    Just heard a little while ago that it is now off his site that the tumor was benign. Not sure what that is all about, but definitely HOPE it is benign.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...-tumor-benign/

Nuggets await word on Nene
    Associated Press
    Originally published 09:15 a.m., January 17, 2008
    Updated 01:58 p.m., January 17, 2008

Nuggets coach George Karl said today the team is still awaiting results of some medical tests after doctors removed a testicular tumor from Denver forward Nene.

The Brazilian player's Web site posted a statement today saying the tumor was benign, but the announcement was later removed.

"I don't think there's any question there's some positive energy, but I'm not going to interpret and analyze until we get all the information," Karl said at a workout before tonight's game against the Jazz.

He said the team would likely know more by early next week.

"I'm not going to play amateur doctor until I've got a lot more information than I have right now," said Karl, who has had surgery for prostate cancer.

A statement posted on the Web site and distributed by Nene's Brazilian publicist said, "According to reports presented by doctors, the exams show that the tumor is benign."

The publicist did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press.

Nene took an indefinite leave of absence last Friday. There is no timetable for his return.

Asked if the team has reason to be optimistic, center Marcus Camby said, "We hope so, for him as a teammate, as a friend and as a brother.

"Basketball is secondary right now. Even without being cancerous, he's still going to be out a significant amount of time."

Dr. Fernando J. Kim, who performed the surgery at Denver Health Medical Center, said earlier that a "right testicular mass was found incidentally and it was managed surgically."

The tumor was found last week in an exam by team physician Dr. Saurabh Mangalik.

Nene had said the tumor was found at an early stage.

"I want to thank my fans, my teammates, the Nuggets organization and everyone that's been supporting me," he said in a statement released before the tumor was found to be benign. "My victory will represent their victory as well."

Nene is averaging 6.4 points and 6.4 rebounds. He missed 22 games earlier this season after undergoing left thumb surgery. He was out for all but one game of the 2005-06 season after tearing a knee ligament, and he was sidelined for 27 games the season before with a variety of ailments.
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 01-17-2008 at 05:59 PM.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

LK went off for 41 and 9 rebs as the Nuggets beat the Jazz 120-109. I am so bumbed that my DirecTV has been out this last week! Nuggets pushed the pace in this game and it paid off like it does. They get stuck to many times just watching AI and Melo dribble and put up shots. RUN! Karl wants them to but they just don't do it enough. AI and Melo will get theres, LK was running got some early baskets and exploded! AC will dish it out. Can not forget about Camby, had 24 rebs with 11 blocks!

MIN on saturday, potential for a trap game so they better come out and play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    LK went off for 41 and 9 rebs as the Nuggets beat the Jazz 120-109. I am so bumbed that my DirecTV has been out this last week! Nuggets pushed the pace in this game and it paid off like it does. They get stuck to many times just watching AI and Melo dribble and put up shots. RUN! Karl wants them to but they just don't do it enough. AI and Melo will get theres, LK was running got some early baskets and exploded! AC will dish it out. Can not forget about Camby, had 24 rebs with 11 blocks!

MIN on saturday, potential for a trap game so they better come out and play.
    That's a big win...go Nuggies...

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Great win for us (Lakers).

I think the team played very well as a unit. Kobe didn't have to do all the work, he just made some amazing passes to set up his teammates, who were more than ready to step up. Nearly everyone had a good game, minus Walton.

It would be hard to choose a player of the game, possibly Fisher or Lamar or Kobe. The whole team (excluding Walton) had a very encouraging performance. I also feel that Turiaf had a great defensive performance.

DJ is going to be a good defensive player, I can feel it.

On to San Antonio for the Lakers!

I hope that Carmelo is alright by the way, that was one nasty injury.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information