Page 263 of 767 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 763 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 11496

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    A lot of sources are saying that Melo will sign the extension with the Nets Carol. Chauncey can be traded and come back as a free agent in the summer. Either way, I think his time as the clear cut starting point guard on this team is coming to an end.

If the Nuggets really are in the final stages of the trade, they should have sat Melo and Chauncey.
    This is in the article which talks about Chauncey and a buyout:

But it could be a moot point. A source told FanHouse on Dec. 20 that Anthony doesn't want to sign an extension with the Nets, and that hasn't changed.
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/08/c...nver-says-age/

This article is by a senior NBA writer
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 01-09-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

On Dec 20th. I'm sure Jay-Z could holla at Melo at get him to Jersey, heck they'll be in Brooklyn in a couple years.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

time to make this happen, nugs. . . it doesn't look like anything better is coming along-- this is the deal. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    This is in the article which talks about Chauncey and a buyout:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/08/c...nver-says-age/

This article is by a senior NBA writer
    For some reason Melo wants to play with Rip...

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    One front office executive says Melo is "on board" with signing w/ NJ if Nets get Detroit part done. "He wants to play with Rip" source says
    3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

5. The Following User High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Marc J. Spears writes Friday afternoon that the Nets "have grown more and more optimistic that Anthony will eventually wear their jersey" and he adds that "the Nets wouldn’t still be engaged in trade talks with the Nuggets if they didn’t believe they could keep Anthony past this season."

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/1/7/19...melo-will-sign

New Jersey remains confident it can offer Denver the best deal for Carmelo Anthony. At this point, it would be draft picks, Derrick Favors, probably Harris, maybe Troy Murphy (who will be gone by the deadline, but not necessarily to Denver). According to someone who should know, the Nets never have been told Anthony will sign with them. The Nets never have been told he won't. The belief is the Nuggets will listen hardest and longest to what the Nets offer -- then hope Anthony signs the three-year, $65 million extension that has been there since June. The Nets can't make the deal without him signing. And if he doesn't, they still have a boatload of assets to look elsewhere for trades. But the Nets are confident they can get it done with 'Melo, perhaps long before the February trade deadline.

New York Post

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...#ixzz1Aba5yPi8

One source close to the situation insisted Sunday that the Nets -- optimistic as this sounds -- believe a face-to-face meeting with Prokhorov won't even be necessary to get Anthony's signoff if New Jersey can indeed acquire Billups and Hamilton. It was not immediately clear, though, how Denver native Billups' reported desire to seek a buyout if he's traded by his hometown team to the Nets would affect Anthony's stance.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6005596

7. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

They are talking to Melo right now - post game, and he just said "I don't see it happening right now".

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

I guess the Nets and Pistons expected Denver not to play Melo,Billups,Sheldon, and AC tonight.

Denver keeps on asking for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    They are talking to Melo right now - post game, and he just said "I don't see it happening right now".
    who really cares what hes "saying" to the fans right now.

Melo is as good as gone.

Adopted Bronco:

There are so many "rumors" flying around now:

The word is that Harris will be heading to Colorado to join the Nuggets, but he wouldn't be staying there for long. A source to HoopsWorld reports that Harris might as well just stay on the plane until it gets to Portland. HoopsWorld has it that Harris could be sent by the Nuggets to the Portland Trail Blazers "for a package that includes Andre Miller and/or Marcus Camby, who are both being shopped around by the Blazers."

Miller's contract has a team option for next season that Denver would probably decline, the site reports, so it can clear more salary space.

However, ESPN has it that if the Anthony trade happens, Harris could be headed to the team that he first played for back in 2004, the Dallas Mavericks.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba-305406

And then - there is the following:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/1/1...ts-masai-ujiri

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

NBA teams are not liking how the Nugs are handling all this.

they have been jerkin the nets around for weeks now.

Al_Iannazzone Al Iannazzone
    @ @Sportsfan5487 DEN trying to draw blood from a stone. They have best player in the deal. But enough is enough. I say that b/c I'm tired.
    @Chris_Broussard
    Chris Broussard
    Den swinging for fences: sources say in addition to Harrington, they're pushing NJ to take Renaldo Balkman & maybe give up 1st rounder too
    30 minutes ago via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply
    Last edited by EMB6903; 01-10-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Chris Broussard: Billups won't hold up deal, but sources just told me he will either want a buyout after season or a long-term commitment (extension) from NJ Twitter

Nets, Nuggets closer to Carmelo Anthony deal
    Sunday, January 9, 2011
    Last updated: Monday January 10, 2011, 7:39 AM
    BY AL IANNAZZONE
    The Record
    STAFF WRITER
    The Nets’ seemingly never-ending pursuit of Carmelo Anthony is heading toward a conclusion with New Jersey closing in on acquiring the All-Star small forward.

AP
    Carmelo Anthony (15) could be a Net soon, one source said. Talks intensified in the past 24 hours on a three-team trade between the Nets, Nuggets and Pistons that would bring Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton to New Jersey.

Some sources believed the deal, that could involve 14 or 15 players, not including draft picks, was going to be completed Sunday. It could be agreed upon on Monday, but that remains up to Denver.

“It’s very close to happening,” an NBA source said. “Some final details are being worked out.”

The Nets are confident Anthony will sign a three-year, $65 million extension. But like in September when a four-team deal was close to completion, the Nuggets are having a hard time letting go of Anthony and seeking more from the Nets.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/01...hony_deal.html

Holdup to NJ-Den-Det trade is that Den wants NJ to take Al Harrington. NJ doesn't want to b/c Al has 4 yrs, $28 mill left on deal. Twitter

The New Jersey Nets were close on Sunday evening to acquiring All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony from the Denver Nuggets in a three-team deal with the Detroit Pistons, but are still looking to get a commitment from Anthony and his camp on a long-term contract, according to two league sources.

The deal would send Anthony, along with guards Chauncey Billups and Anthony Carter, along with center Shelden Williams, to the Nets. Detroit would send veteran Rip Hamilton to New Jersey. The Nets would send guard Devin Harris, rookie forward Derrick Favors, guards Anthony Morrow, Stephen Graham, Quinton Ross and Ben Uzoh, along with two first-round picks, to the Nuggets. New Jersey would send center Johan Petro and forward Troy Murphy (and his expiring $12 million contract) to Detroit.

Talks continued Monday, a person with knowledge of the discussions told The Associated Press. The three teams negotiated over the weekend and the source said the deal was "advancing.''

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/01/09/c...ose/index.html

Come on Nuggets, quit being greedier and take the dang deal!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    NBA teams are not liking how the Nugs are handling all this.

they have been jerkin the nets around for weeks now.
    Sooner or later the Nets are going to say, "Screw you" and go in another direction. This deal needs to get done today.

Since I dont follow basketball are the nuggets going to be better off with this deal.

To me sending away melo and Billups would only set them back down to being an average team. But I do not know anything about the guys they would be getting in return.

However, I shall say that I do not like Melo and screw him he can go somewhere else.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

damn nugs, quit being greedy and get it done!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Since I dont follow basketball are the nuggets going to be better off with this deal.

To me sending away melo and Billups would only set them back down to being an average team. But I do not know anything about the guys they would be getting in return.

However, I shall say that I do not like Melo and screw him he can go somewhere else.
    No, the Nuggets are going to be worse off no matter what. But Carmelo has made it clear he has no intention of resigning here, so they can get something for him now or wait until the end of the season and get nothing when he leaves in free agency.

Any way you slice it they are screwed.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information