Page 228 of 766 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 328 728 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    That sounds right, I'm pretty sure it was right at the top of the key. Ended up having even bigger implications since Melo fouled out.
    That play was on the baseline, I remember clearly. May have been a different one. The Jazz really aren't a big flopping team though despite all the fuss about Sloan teaching flopping. Almost none of our players are willing to step in and take a charge. I can't defend AK though...dude is flopperific.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Are they playing the game now and if so what channel??
    Hell no, it's the NBA where they have 4 days between playoff games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Are they playing the game now and if so what channel??
    No, they don't play until Friday!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    That play was on the baseline, I remember clearly. May have been a different one. The Jazz really aren't a big flopping team though despite all the fuss about Sloan teaching flopping. Almost none of our players are willing to step in and take a charge. I can't defend AK though...dude is flopperific.
    Hmm, well I was up in the 3rd level, had about 5 drinks and forgot to DVR the game, so I can't recall exactly... But I do remember one charging call that seemed particularly bad. I'm pretty sure the crowd was chanting bullshit after that call (I think that mormon's head nearly exploded), but I might just be blurring a bunch of different plays into one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    No, they don't play until Friday!
    Thanks! This is one thing that has turned me off from the NBA, they use to not have the games so for in between and at one time the first series was only 3 games!

Ive went to both games just on the 3rd level.... the prices range from 7 dollars to 30 dollars on the 3rd level if anybody is looking to go...thats an amazing deal for playoff tickets against your rivals.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I was thinking about this - I don't remember in previous years where the Nuggets played Monday, and then did not play until Friday. Do you suppose it has something to do with the draft being tomorrow night, and on ESPN - one of the networks doing the NBA games??

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I was thinking about this - I don't remember in previous years where the Nuggets played Monday, and then did not play until Friday. Do you suppose it has something to do with the draft being tomorrow night, and on ESPN - one of the networks doing the NBA games??
    I don't think so, because TNT could and will do games on draft night. It happened to the Jazz last year too. I think a lot of it has to do with getting the Lakers and Cavs series lined up for the Sunday ABC games. It's all about the ratings.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Well, it's a recent phenomenon, it wasn't always this way... And there's been a pretty decent backlash from media types, so I think it's something Stern will need to address eventually. It's all about TV $$ and trying to schedule everything in a prime slot. But in this case I don't think it's directly related to the draft.

Lakers, Cav's, and Suns play tomorrow.

Just the NBA and its stupid scheduling.

I think it favors Denver though, Lets Kmart get some rest

11. The Following User High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Magic coach critical of playoff sked

How timely - this definitely fits in with the last couple of posts

"It's almost like you're on a high school schedule or a college schedule playing twice a week" in the first round, he said.

Don't get Van Gundy wrong: He understands the lucrative TV contracts the league has with networks, which slot games apart. But he'd rather see the NBA play back-to-back games in the playoffs like Major League Baseball or at least every other day.

"Baseball gets their whole playoffs and World Series done in like three weeks," Van Gundy said. "Us, it takes us the first round to go three weeks."

The Magic beat the Bobcats in Game 1 on Sunday. The teams had two days off before Wednesday's game, and they don't play again until Saturday in Charlotte.

The playoffs began April 17. The NBA Finals will end in mid-to-late June.

Van Gundy suggested the NBA have back-to-back games in each city, then allow for a day off for travel. He said the first-round schedule throws teams off because it's so different from the regular season.

"The thing is they stretch all of it out in the first round for TV, and it really is strange because you get into a routine in the regular season where every once in a while you get a few days off. But for the most part, you're playing back-to-backs and every other day," he said.

Van Gundy also has been critical of the NBA playing on holidays. The Magic played on Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter among others this season.

But, as always, he understands the purpose behind the schedule.

"It's not the perfect schedule, but we all make a lot of money off TV and so for us to look at it and start griping about what we get from TV -- we're all making money because of TV and because of the people out there that want to watch it," Van Gundy said. "So we'll spread them out and we'll play them when they tell us to play them."

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Stan Van Gundy has a request for the NBA: fewer days between games in the playoffs.

Never one to shy away from giving his opinion, the Orlando Magic coach said Wednesday before Game 2 against Charlotte that the league's first-round playoff format that spreads games out for prime-time television is difficult on teams.

"It's almost like you're on a high school schedule or a college schedule playing twice a week" in the first round, he said.

Don't get Van Gundy wrong: He understands the lucrative TV contracts the league has with networks, which slot games apart. But he'd rather see the NBA play back-to-back games in the playoffs like Major League Baseball or at least every other day.

"Baseball gets their whole playoffs and World Series done in like three weeks," Van Gundy said. "Us, it takes us the first round to go three weeks."

The Magic beat the Bobcats in Game 1 on Sunday. The teams had two days off before Wednesday's game, and they don't play again until Saturday in Charlotte.

The playoffs began April 17. The NBA Finals will end in mid-to-late June.

Van Gundy suggested the NBA have back-to-back games in each city, then allow for a day off for travel. He said the first-round schedule throws teams off because it's so different from the regular season.

"The thing is they stretch all of it out in the first round for TV, and it really is strange because you get into a routine in the regular season where every once in a while you get a few days off. But for the most part, you're playing back-to-backs and every other day," he said.

Van Gundy also has been critical of the NBA playing on holidays. The Magic played on Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter among others this season.

But, as always, he understands the purpose behind the schedule.

"It's not the perfect schedule, but we all make a lot of money off TV and so for us to look at it and start griping about what we get from TV -- we're all making money because of TV and because of the people out there that want to watch it," Van Gundy said. "So we'll spread them out and we'll play them when they tell us to play them."

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Wow...lead by 6 at the end of the 1st and then let Utah's bench come put a good ole ass-kickin on ya, huh?

I expected more out of this team with their head coach fighting so valiantly...

I remember the Nuggets/Spurs series in 2007 had one or two games with really long breaks. The Jazz played the Rockets in game four on Saturday night that year and the Nuggets and Spurs were playing game three on Sunday night. I'm sure scheduling these things is not an easy job, you have to account for other sports and events at that venue also.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=5134631

Karl with Rick Riley, good to see coach getting better!
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'm so DAMN tired of Williams FLOPPING, and getting away with it

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information