Page 101 of 766 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    My friend bought one of the dark blue ones (jersey) of his tonight, I was really jealous. Looks like he's getting a contract extension so its a good investment! Another big seller were the Birdman shirts, they were everywhere.
    Love me some Birdman.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Dawkins

Iwe want mavricks
    WE WILL MISS THIS GUY BY WEEK 10

AFTER WEEK 10 I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE CUTLER HATERS SPEAK UP!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    My friend bought one of the dark blue ones (jersey) of his tonight, I was really jealous. Looks like he's getting a contract extension so its a good investment! Another big seller were the Birdman shirts, they were everywhere.
    Dark Blue Jerseys, FTW!

I have a Melo one...

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

I love the font on the dark blue jerseys. They're sick. I've got a powder blue Melo, but it's like the Wal-Mart quality one. I need a shirt or a hat with the pioneer shield thing though, the one that's on center court. I love that logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Never too late for Revenge '88

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_12260210

Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music. Celebrate good times . . . come on.

The Nuggets dispensed with the New Orleans Bees on Wednesday night to win their first NBA playoff series since one of the Roosevelts was president, or so it seems.

The Hornets tried to put up more of a fight in Game 5, grabbing an early lead. But, by the fourth quarter, it looked as if the hardened, disciplined, defensive, running-gunning-and-funning Nuggets might win by 58 points again. It turned out to be just another typical blowout in a series of blowouts.

Celebrate, jubilate, calibrate, have a ball, paint the town powder blue.

Now, that's enough. Get over it.

The Mavericks and maverick Marky Mark are impending.

Loom and Doom.

Retaliation, Nugsnation!

"We want Dal-las . . . We want Dal-las," the celebrating Can crowd chanted late Wednesday. The Mavericks had eliminated the Spurs the evening before.

The Nuggets have to get even for their playoff series loss to the Mavs 21 years ago. The franchises have probably gotten over it.

But I haven't. The Nuggets' slogan must be: "Don't Forget '88 in '09."

Underdog Dallas came to Denver in the 1988 playoffs, was thumped in the opener at Big Mac, took the second game and eventually won the series in six.

That year the Mavericks were just a blip in Mark Cuban's world. He was a 29-year-old up-and-dot.comer, not the owner of the Mavs, as he is now.

The Nuggets go from Chris Paul to Mark Cuban.

Cuban couldn't make a 3-pointer if his empire depended on it, but when the second-round series starts Sunday, he will be the arch villain — Lex Luthor, the Joker and Goldfinger combined.

On Jan. 13, at The Can, Cuban crossed over the line.

The Mavericks' owner began yelping at the Nuggets' J.R. Smith.

Mark: All bark, no bite.

Why not a mixed-martial arts event between Cuban and Stan "The Man" Kroenke at halftime on Sunday afternoon? Dueling billionaires.

Cuban reacted vehemently — what a surprise — in the Nugs-Mavs final regular-season meeting in Denver after Smith flung his elbow at Dallas forward Antoine Wright.

It was an Air-Bow. Smith missed. No foul was called.

Cuban flung his mouth at Smith as the teams left the court at halftime.

"My conversation with J.R. was actually very cordial and level-headed. I told him it's not cool to throw elbows at someone's head, that I would be turning him into the league," Cuban wrote on his blog at the time.

Tattletale.

Cuban, a serial Tweeter, did not respond to queries Wednesday. Must have been watching the Nuggets-Hornets final game and thinking up new names to scream at Smith and new strategies for the Mavs, who were 0-4 against the Nugs in the regular season.

After the game in January, Smith sent a pair of his signed sneakers to Cuban in the other locker room. Cuban rejected them and sent word that Smith should auction the shoes to raise money for his fine.

Smith was not suspended, was not penalized. Cuban was fined $25,000 for his actions and comments because, he claimed facetiously, "Owners aren't supposed to get mad. Ever."

Nuggs coach George Karl said publicly that Cuban should leave the Nuggets' players alone.

Cuban-Nuggets is not the foulest feud since Montague-Capulet or Burr-Hamilton, but it will make for a good ol' time.

The Mavericks will need some kind of intervention to win.

Cuban, as Karl says, is good for the NBA. He's good-time Mark and mostly harmless with his verbal, and written, attacks on opposing players, and his own after a game this season, and his remarks about referees, league officials and fans in San Antonio.

He won't be the difference against the Nuggets. They won't be intimidated by a sloppily dressed guy in the stands.

The series will be decided by point guards Chauncey Billups and Jason Kidd, scorers Carmelo Anthony and Dirk Nowitzki, centers Nene and Erick Dampier, the top two sixth men (in the voting) this season — Jason Terry and that pesky J.R. Smith — and the two benches.

The last time the Nuggets and the Mavericks faced in the playoffs, Billups was a little kid developing his game a few miles from The Can, Smith was a baby dribbling at the mouth and shooting 3-pointers from 40 feet, and Chris Andersen was a kid with maybe only a dozen tattoos.

And Cuban was just a sandwich.

The Hornets went quietly at the conclusion. The Mavericks figure to go as softly and silently in The Revenge Series.

The Nuggets will prevail in five games. Then there will be another celebration.

Woody Paige: 303-954-1095 or wpaige@denverpost.com

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nuggets-Mavericks schedule set

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12264917

The Nuggets will play at home Sunday and Tuesday in the first two games of the Western Conference semifinals against the Dallas Mavericks, the league announced today.

The teams will have a four-day break before Game 3 May 9 in Dallas.

If there is Game 5, it would be May 13 in Denver, and a Game 7 would be May 17 in Denver. Game 6 would be May 15 in Dallas.

Tickets for the Nuggets' home games go on sale at 6 p.m. Friday.

Fans can order tickets at all Ticketmaster outlets, the Pepsi Center box office, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone by calling 1-800-4NBATIX or 719-520-9090.

A lottery will be conducted at the Pepsi Center box office beginning at 5:15 p.m. to determine a spot in line. Fans must be at the arena by 5:15 p.m. to receive their lottery numbers. Anyone arriving after 5:15 p.m. will be placed in a secondary line.

To sign up for the Nuggets' presale, fans can go to Nuggets.com and register for the Nuggets E-News or call 303-405-1212 to secure 2009-10 season seats and receive playoff on-sale priority.

SCHEDULE

(all times mountain)

Sunday, May 3: Dallas at Denver, 1:30 p.m.

Tuesday, May 5: Dallas at Denver, 8:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 9: Denver at Dallas, 3 p.m.

Monday, May 11: Denver at Dallas, 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday, May 13: Dallas at Denver, TBD, if necessary

Friday, May 15: Denver at Dallas, TBD, if necessary

Sunday, May 17: Dallas at Denver, TBD, if necessary

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

you and every other nugs fan i know. . . .

GREAT win tonight, it's so sweet finally getting out of the first round. . . great to see melo just take over midway through the third, too. . . . the nugs have been playing such good team ball, i've been wondering whether he was going to bust loose at some point-- it's nice to know that he doesn't have to, but even better to see that he can at the right time. . . man does this look like a different nuggets team than in years past! defense, outside shooting. . . wow. . . can't wait for round two. . . .
    The 'national' press certainly put a questionable spin on the trade...even Karl addressed it (in passing) immediately after the game last night.

Personally, I don't give a crap - trade was a g-r-e-a-t move.

Go Nug's!

11. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Cute Carmello Comment

Last night, after Melo hit his last 3, he was yelling to the crowd "My House". When he was interviewed last night, a reporter ask him something about him yelling that, and Melo said - I don't know what you want me to say (he laughed), then he said "yes, it's my house, Chauncey moved in with me" and then Melo and also everyone else in the room laughed.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

13. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

I have a drak blue Iverson.....

Also have a light blue Nene and white Melo, yes the 3rd unis are the shizzle.

2nd Round! Should be a good series as the Mavericks have started playing better basketball and have their full cast of characters going now.

Just think what can happen if Billups catches fire again with Melo not getting alot of attention pre-se even though he is playing very solid all around basketball.

Man am I excited!

Can't be satisfied, looking forward to Sunday!
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:

Default J.R. says he'll ignore Cuban this series

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12267944

Moments before the opening tip of the opening game of their opening-round NBA playoff series against New Orleans, Nuggets guard J.R. Smith made a point to run down from his bench to the opposing one to give a hug to Hornets coach Byron Scott, a frequent antagonist during his days with the club.

Rest assured there will be no such niceties with Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban on Sunday before the start of the Western Conference semifinals.

"Naw. I'm not a big fan of his and I think everybody knows that," Smith said after Denver's 107-86 series-clinching win Wednesday. "He's just another thing we have to get by on the way to the championship."

Cuban often sits courtside during his team's games, a spot that often turned out to be something akin to center ring when it came to Smith. The duo engaged in a running battle throughout the regular season, culminating in an incident during a Jan. 13 game at the Pepsi Center, when Cuban confronted Smith at halftime over an elbow the player allegedly threw at Dallas' Antoine Wright.

After the game, Cuban demanded that Smith be suspended; he wasn't. Instead, the NBA fined Cuban $25,000 for his role in the altercation. Later, the owner placed an entry on his blog challenging Smith to a steel-cage, wrestling-like duel.

These days, the only smackdown Smith appears to be participating in is bombing opponents into submission. During the Hornets series, the fourth-year player averaged 16 points per game. Perhaps just as importantly, while there were still a number of shots and decisions that made onlookers wince, Smith's decision-making was at a high enough level that Nuggets coaches felt comfortable with him on the floor during some of what passed for crucial moments in the 4-1 decision.

"I think he's built up that level of trust in his teammates," Hornets guard and former teammate Chris Paul said after the final contest of the series. "Me and J.R. hung out quite a bit when the games were in New Orleans — now we just laugh at how far we've both come. It's amazing to see him now."

In just his third season, Paul has the makings of a perennial all-star and was a mainstay on the U.S. Olympic team. Smith also contributed to the gold medal-winning effort, but only as a member of the practice squad that prepared the team for the Games. Smith admits he has aspirations of playing for his country — indeed, there may not be 15 players in the world who have his physical gifts. But for now, there are still those who question whether he has the maturity to be counted on day in and day out.

"He still has a way to go," Scott said. "He plays in a good system with (Nuggets coach) George (Karl) where he can make mistakes as he plays; George lives with good and with the bad.

"I've always said he has the tools to be a great two-guard in this league; I still think he's a little bit away, but man, he's headed in the right direction."

That process will continue against the Mavericks. Given Smith's history, not only with Cuban, but also Wright, one of Dallas' defensive stoppers, it wouldn't be hard to envision the owner or some of the players doing whatever they can to try and egg the Nugget to get him off his game.

Smith insists he won't take the bait, should it be offered. "I don't care about Cuban or Wright — why should I? I play for my team," Smith said. "I just need to go out and play my game."

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Dawkins

Cuban is Scottish or Irish.... he always wants to pick a fight
    WE WILL MISS THIS GUY BY WEEK 10

AFTER WEEK 10 I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE CUTLER HATERS SPEAK UP!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by broncfn90 View Post
    Cuban is Scottish or Irish.... he always wants to pick a fight
    Although I am sure that he is a great owner to the players, Dallas fans, etc., he certainly does not represent himself in a professional manner by any means.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default K-Mart Knows The Key Is Stopping Nowitzki

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/nuggets....2.999365.html

Kenyon Martin knows exactly what he has to do in the upcoming series against the Mavericks. The Nuggets most physical defensive player has to do everything and anything in his power to stop, or at least slow down, Dallas superstar Dirk Nowitzki. Of course knowing it and doing are two very different things.

"He's a great player and I have to try to make him uncomfortable," K-Mart said Friday. "Hold him, grab him, push him, whatever I can do. He's a great player." Martin understands it's impossible to stop Nowitzki completely. He's always going to get his points. The idea is to make him work really hard to get them. To do that Martin must be as physical as the referees will allow. But Nowitzki is a guy who gives as good as he gets.

"Dirk kind of bumps you and elbows you and he has an unorthodox gate that creates contact," Coach George Karl said. "He gets a lot of whistles because of that." Foul trouble is something Martin obviously has to avoid. But he's going to go as far as he can to stop the Mavericks superstar.

"He's taller than me, but I think I can make up for that in other ways," K-Mart said with a wink and a smile.

Also, video at practice:

http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=56502@kcnc.dayport.com
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 05-01-2009 at 07:36 PM.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

19. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nuggets Awesome Season

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

21. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

K-Mart's our secret to success this series. Him and Birdman. Just get rebounds and play a little defense and we should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

23. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information