Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us the greatest defensive player you've ever seen play.

Default Tell us the greatest defensive player you've ever seen play.

Pretty simple. Doesn't have to be a Bronco, but who was the greatest defensive player you've seen play, and why?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Ray Lewis

Complete and total command of his entire defense and he struck fear in almost every offensive player he ever faced. As good against the pass as he was the rush, in his prime. Best MLB in history IMHO.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lewis is hard to argue with. Might have to think about it more but i would rank Derrick Thomas up there before his death. Dude was a wrecking machine. Lawarence Taylor was pretty damn good too.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Dick Butkus, Deacon Jones, Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor.

Can't decide among them, and maybe I've left someone else out.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Ray Lewis was going to be my choice.

DT, Lawrence Taylor were all machines. The one thing that separates Lewis from the rest, imo, is that he could not only intimidate the other team, and take over a game from the MLB position, but is SUCH a AMAZING leader. I truly believe that if he wanted the rest of his defense to run through a brick wall.... the teammates would line up and run as fast as they could at that wall. I would hire him in a HEARTBEAT purely to be in my locker room and will my team to victory. Absolutely LOVE his leadership skills.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I still remember that play he made a few years ago in SD. Chargers were driving for a possible game winning drive and Sproles needed like a yard or so for a first down to keep the drive alive. So on 4th and short Lewis breaks through the line and tackles him for a loss. Without a doubt one of the best individual plays ive ever seen.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I still remember that play he made a few years ago in SD. Chargers were driving for a possible game winning drive and Sproles needed like a yard or so for a first down to keep the drive alive. So on 4th and short Lewis breaks through the line and tackles him for a loss. Without a doubt one of the best individual plays ive ever seen.

I love how dumb Norvelle is. Yeah, I'm playing the Ravens and it's 4th and 1 I'm not giving the ball to a 180lb RB up the middle. Dumb Norvelle
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Ray Lewis was going to be my choice.

DT, Lawrence Taylor were all machines. The one thing that separates Lewis from the rest, imo, is that he could not only intimidate the other team, and take over a game from the MLB position, but is SUCH a AMAZING leader. I truly believe that if he wanted the rest of his defense to run through a brick wall.... the teammates would line up and run as fast as they could at that wall. I would hire him in a HEARTBEAT purely to be in my locker room and will my team to victory. Absolutely LOVE his leadership skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I wouldn't give you a very strong argument against Ray Lewis.

Oh, to have now a MLB who is half of what he has been as a player . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I have to go with Reggie White. It's one thing to win battles against 300 lb linemen...it's another thing to run around them...but it takes a insane specimen to toss them around like ragdolls. Dude did shit at DE that may never be replicated
    Last edited by CoachChaz; 08-31-2012 at 04:23 PM.

17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Either Ray Lewis (hate it, but it's reality) or LT (another loser off the field, but whatever). Unbelievable talents both, but LT in particular changed the way the game is played.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

OK call me a homer, I don't care but how can Champ not be in the conversation and Deon Sanders, those 2 guys took away half a field. NOt for a game or a season but for a career. Ray was amazing, Reggie was a man against boys, and LT the real LT was out of this world amazing, but Sanders and Champ owned half a field

Thanks MasterShake!!!

21. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I will got my top 3....Ray lewis....Lawrence Taylor....Troy Polumalu

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

25. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

49ers' S Ronnie Lott. He was a hardest hitter... but a fearless warrior. He was like a middle linebacker playing safety. He was devastating.

Broncos' S Steve Atwater. He was a hardest hitter, too. Atwater quickly developed a reputation around the league as a fierce hitter, and in his second season it was his shot on Kansas City Chiefs 253 lb. running back Christian Okoye (aka “The Nigerian Nightmare”) that defined his career. Up to that point, Okoye was running roughshod over every defense he faced, but in one of the best hits I’ve ever seen, Atwater straight up knocked him on his ass.

27. The Following 4 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    49ers' S Ronnie Lott. He was a hardest hitter... but a fearless warrior. He was like a middle linebacker playing safety. He was devastating.

Broncos' S Steve Atwater. He was a hardest hitter, too. Atwater quickly developed a reputation around the league as a fierce hitter, and in his second season it was his shot on Kansas City Chiefs 253 lb. running back Christian Okoye (aka “The Nigerian Nightmare”) that defined his career. Up to that point, Okoye was running roughshod over every defense he faced, but in one of the best hits I’ve ever seen, Atwater straight up knocked him on his ass.
    Atwater is my favorite defensive player of all time....Miller could be closing in on that though.

29. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information