Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bonds should be in the HOF

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

I personally think we ought to let everyone juice in every sport. That's what science is all about. All of the statistical purists are nerds.
    If doing steroids is "cheating" because it's unnatural, then why isn't Tommy John surgery considered cheating? You're taking a ligament from another joint and having it implanted to replace a worn ligament. Tell me how many pitchers through the decades were washed up prematurely because the science wasn't yet available?

Some are against steroids because of the long-term health effects and the pressures on young kids to use them but what if science made it safe to use them. Would you still object? IMO, steroids and TJ surgery are both players taking advantage of science, just the same as gulping down an energy drink. As the science improves, today's steroid cheats may be hailed as pioneers in improving the modern athlete for better play.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Are there known long-term affects from HGH?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I read once that there may be a link to cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I read once that there may be a link to cancer.
    Everything has a link to cancer, if you look at the studies.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I know. At one point milk was linked to cancer, I believe it was a bit more substantial, but this was years ago. I also recall reading that HGH had negative effects on the heart.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Huge numbers of NFL players were popping dianabol, Anadrol and other steroids in the 70s, 80s and 90s and 2,000s. There has not been a rash of deaths from their use. Even Lyle Alzados dr said steroids had NOTHING to do with his death.
    Now we have HGH which is nearly impossible to detect and its use is widespread in the world of sports.Lab-produced growth hormone looks almost identical the stuff we make in our bodies. I think its a chain of 191 amino acids. So athletes are using it and passing drug tests for it. When you have a sport where you can make Millions or possibly get cut, people are going to use anything they can get their hands on to be bigger , faster and stronger.
    The guys who get caught using steroids just didnt cycle off in time.
    Right now , the NFL tests once per year for HGH and the test is not reliable. Its a dirty little secret that nobody wants to talk about.

8. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Are there known long-term affects from HGH?
    Not really, since injectible HGH is pretty much identical to the HGH produced by the human body. Some people get sore joints and numb hands, but thats about it. Most of the effects of HGH are favorable and highly anti-aging.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Let me clarify my earlier statement; Yes Barry Bonds should be in the HOF, and he should also be kicked square in those tiny little shriveled raisins he calls testicles.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

He hit 73 home runs in a season. 73!

The odds of someone doing that without drugs is about the same as a cancer weakened cyclist winning the Tour de France 7 times in a row.

13. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

73 homers is one thing. 73 homers in AT&T park is another. What would he have done if he played in Colorado, Dallas or Houston that year? Or any of his last 6-7 years?

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

I pay alot of money to watch those games. They better be on HGH. For free we could watch Sneakers run around his couch.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    I pay alot of money to watch those games. They better be on HGH. For free we could watch Sneakers run around his couch.
    What the Hell are you talking about? I would pay a shit ton of money to watch sneakers run around his couch.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

So many gay jokes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Pete Rose should be too.
    I put Peter Rose in before I would put Bonds.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information