Ron Dayne

Default Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Cardinals 08/30/12

Go Broncos!

Go Adam Weber!

Everyone staying up late for the game?

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Oh yeah. I'm looking forward to seeing the fight for roster spots, here's hoping the coaches get it all right!

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Oh yeah. I'm looking forward to seeing the fight for roster spots, here's hoping the coaches get it all right!
    Likewise! I'm actually very excited.

Looking forward to seeing the RBs, QBs, and DL.

6. The Following User High Fived Papa-pwn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I'll watch it Friday on DVR, that starts at 11 on a work night here ugh

Thanks MasterShake!!!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Looking forward to watching Brock and Hillman! Hoping they get the most game action at their respective positions.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

--- FIGHT FOR THE ROSTER !!! ---.

GO "D" --- MAKE THE TEAM !!!

Please, no more injuries !

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing (Edmund Burke)

http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

12. The Following 7 Users High Fived Az Snake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Should be interesting. Word is, neither Kolb nor Skelton will play tonight so we'll get AZ's 3rd string QB. AZ has a pretty stout defense, even their backups, so it should be a decent test for our backup O-line and WRs. It would be nice to see the starters get one drive each, but I doubt that Manning will even suit up. I'm okay with that.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Should be interesting. Word is, neither Kolb nor Skelton will play tonight so we'll get AZ's 3rd string QB. AZ has a pretty stout defense, even their backups, so it should be a decent test for our backup O-line and WRs. It would be nice to see the starters get one drive each, but I doubt that Manning will even suit up. I'm okay with that.
    I do not want to see Manning tonight. There would have to be something not right for him to play. I would like to see our backups play with some intensity. I feel like something is missing in their play, maybe it is just our depth or maybe lack of it showing. We need a better performance from our backups.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I do not want to see Manning tonight. There would have to be something not right for him to play. I would like to see our backups play with some intensity. I feel like something is missing in their play, maybe it is just our depth or maybe lack of it showing. We need a better performance from our backups.
    Well, especially at the QB position, the other guys just aren't getting the practice reps and that's why you see something missing, IMO. In cases where other teams' backups are having a good showing, it's typically due to some controversy or injury. Russell Wilson outplayed Flynn in Seattle, but also split practice reps with the starters. Foles in Philly got to start the last 2 games because of injuries to Vick and Kafka. Skelton and Kolb have been alternating starts and splitting first team reps. It's been hard to really evaluate some of our backups (especially Osweiler) because he's been playing mostly with guys that won't make the roster. He was, 4/9 for 27 yards last week, but there were at least 3 drops by the receivers that would've been first downs (catches they made week one when he looked pretty good out there). The backup OL doesn't run-block well either, so the running game is all but non-existent when Oz and Weber are out there.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Well, especially at the QB position, the other guys just aren't getting the practice reps and that's why you see something missing, IMO. In cases where other teams' backups are having a good showing, it's typically due to some controversy or injury. Russell Wilson outplayed Flynn in Seattle, but also split practice reps with the starters. Foles in Philly got to start the last 2 games because of injuries to Vick and Kafka. Skelton and Kolb have been alternating starts and splitting first team reps. It's been hard to really evaluate some of our backups (especially Osweiler) because he's been playing mostly with guys that won't make the roster. He was, 4/9 for 27 yards last week, but there were at least 3 drops by the receivers that would've been first downs (catches they made week one when he looked pretty good out there). The backup OL doesn't run-block well either, so the running game is all but non-existent when Oz and Weber are out there.
    That may well be true about the offense...what about the defense? How many yards and points have our backups allowed. It just doesn't feel to me that there is a sense of urgency. I know these people are playing for their lives, but we need a better showing.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Biggest game of the year!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Get out there and rip balls Broncos!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Looking forward to watching Brock and Hillman! Hoping they get the most game action at their respective positions.
    bingo ! os resturning to the valley of he sun and hillman seeing some game action !
    I wonder how many firs string offense will play?
    our entire D needs work, except for champ, he is a god .
    can we find a returner?
    anyopne going to the game?
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

if they played either kolb or skelton, we would still be facing a third string QB !

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

... and regarding PM "suiting up", the guy probably sleeps in his uniform the night before gameday !

26. The Following User High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information