Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The most corrupt level of football?....

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

It's ok, I still would have never played anyway.

2. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    If you are good enough you will find the field.

Regardless of age or money.
    Not necessarily. My son had 33 catches for 422 yards and 5 TDs last year. Even had a few schools looking at him. A lesser talented kid who quit playing after his freshman year decided to come back for his senior year...all because he wanted a letterman jacket...and he was given the starting spot. First scrimmage this kid gets 40 plays, drops 2 balls and fumbles. My son gets 12 plays gets 2 receptions. Guess who is still #1 on the depth chart...the kid who's dad has a business that works with the head coaches wife's business.

There are other similar scenarios with other kids as well. You'd think with all the losing seasons this coach has racked up that someone would see it. Its not for lack of talent. Just had a QB go to UTEP and a WR go to Colorado. This idiot just does what benefits him...not the team.

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Jack Del Rios son transfers from Florida to Valor and becomes the starting qb. Got to feel bad for the kid who was planning on being the Eagles qb. BTW, Mullen beat Valor last night.
    http://www.denverpost.com/preps/ci_2...ams-worth-wait

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Not necessarily. My son had 33 catches for 422 yards and 5 TDs last year. Even had a few schools looking at him. A lesser talented kid who quit playing after his freshman year decided to come back for his senior year...all because he wanted a letterman jacket...and he was given the starting spot. First scrimmage this kid gets 40 plays, drops 2 balls and fumbles. My son gets 12 plays gets 2 receptions. Guess who is still #1 on the depth chart...the kid who's dad has a business that works with the head coaches wife's business.

There are other similar scenarios with other kids as well. You'd think with all the losing seasons this coach has racked up that someone would see it. Its not for lack of talent. Just had a QB go to UTEP and a WR go to Colorado. This idiot just does what benefits him...not the team.
    I would say in most cases, EMB is right. In your case, it sucks especially if your son is a Senior. I saw the same thing while I was in school. Again, I'm not speaking for myself but for some other kids and I believe it was more racial than anything. I usually never say anything to coaches unless I've had enough and I do it in a respectful manner i.e. baseball this summer. I do get the 'well, if you don't like it, why don't you coach'......point taken and I don't want to coach.

Good luck with this!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information