Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Armstrong gives up fight. Will probably be stripped of Tour de France wins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
    I tend to think they are well-aware of the massive doping going on, and it seems to me that if they aren't going to bust all involved, then they're making a PR fall guy out of Armstrong and as such need to restore his titles and leave him alone. I don't absolve Armstrong of responsibility, but that clearly THEY are the ones who have allowed cycling to become as such that those who don't dope can't compete...
    They've stripped the title from nearly every Tour de France winner in the last decade. I don't think they are making an example of Armstrong. That said, yes, their sport has a problem.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I was wrong, he lied. However it seems like everyone else in the field was doing the same. Bummed that he felt like he had to hang on to the lie so long. I just heard Alfred say "he did a Lance Armstrong". So that went from working your tail off against crazy odds to lying and hanging on to it for dear life.

I am glad he did what he did for Livestrong. I hope that valuable research will come out of it.
    Getting Stoked

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

The interview starts in 30 minutes...should be interesting to watch.Heres the link
    http://ownspecial.oprah.com/lancearmstrong.html

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Would you like Barry Bonds if he was white?

Signed,

Matthew McConehay in that movie with Sam jackson
    would youSTILL like sam jackson if he was white?
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

watched the day 1 oprah, will record day 2, I have to work.

I just got the call... they stripped the Tour de France title from me as well. Apparently they have stripped it from so many people they're just going through the phone book and calling anyone that ever rode a bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

9. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

I just found out that after the interview Oprah gave Lance a performance enhancing hug!

11. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Armstrong said early in the interview that you cant compete in the tour de france without taking PEDs, then later he says he was clean when he made his comeback and placed 3rd. What hogwash!
    OK, he expects us to believe he placed 3rd and was clean. Ya right. Well, obviously, he is lying again to Oprah. He is pathological and in his own words "deeply flawed", why would we expect him to suddenly become honest?

Edit-asked if he could win 7 tours and he said in his opinion no. Also, he did say that by 2009, the sport had been cleaned up.
    Last edited by Dzone; 01-19-2013 at 01:27 PM.

He said no person could win 7 in a row, and he actually stated it was just his opinion.

I watched the interview. I cannot stand lance armstrong. I dont understand why everyone is saying he looks so bad in it. Were people honestly expecting an open hearted celebratory response with each question?

People saying he wasnt specific, Oprah made a comment that he was holding back. I didnt think that he was holding anything back at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

he withheld names, his objective was too admit his own guilt, not drag anyone else into his own mud.
    he looks devoid of emotion, but those who know him, guys like TYLER HAMILTON, commented that they saw a BROKEN LA in that interview, humbled and defeated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    he withheld names, his objective was too admit his own guilt, not drag anyone else into his own mud.
    he looks devoid of emotion, but those who know him, guys like TYLER HAMILTON, commented that they saw a BROKEN LA in that interview, humbled and defeated.
    Yes. So noble.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

The sad part is that if the sport had been completely clean, he would have still won 7 straight tours...His athletic accomplishes are still incredible. His overcoming adversity is still inspiring...His work ethic and ability to endure pain was above and beyond his competition.

What would you do as a young cyclist with dreams of making it in elite competition, facing a sport where just gaining entry -- let alone winning -- REQUIRED the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs? A clean rider stood a snowball's chance in hell of either competing or winning.

There is no clean rider who was cheated of a victory because of Armstrongs juicing. Maybe thats why they didnt give the 7 Gold medals to the guys who came in second, because everyone knows they were juicing too.

As for Armstrong the person, thats a separate topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    The sad part is that if the sport had been completely clean, he would have still won 7 straight tours...His athletic accomplishes are still incredible. His overcoming adversity is still inspiring...His work ethic and ability to endure pain was above and beyond his competition.

What would you do as a young cyclist with dreams of making it in elite competition, facing a sport where just gaining entry -- let alone winning -- REQUIRED the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs? A clean rider stood a snowball's chance in hell of either competing or winning.

There is no clean rider who was cheated of a victory because of Armstrongs juicing. Maybe thats why they didnt give the 7 Gold medals to the guys who came in second, because everyone knows they were juicing too.

As for Armstrong the person, thats a separate topic.

I can respect what armstong did in competition regardless, but considering he sold his entire persona for that, and was exposed as a lying cheating fraud, I certainly don't admire the accomplishments. I simply revert back to bike riding.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information