Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Armstrong gives up fight. Will probably be stripped of Tour de France wins.

I think he cheated. They had ten different cats lined up to testify against him. They had blood samples consistent with doping. If he was innocent he wouldn't just give up. Hyper competitive people don't do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Why does Armstrong get a pass in the court of public opinion, but the likes of Palmeiro, Bonds, McGwire, Clemens, etc. get shit on?

One standard will be just fine, please.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Because Lance passed a multitude of tests and the baseball guys weren't tested at all.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Because Lance passed a multitude of tests and the baseball guys weren't tested at all.
    Do you know why they weren't tested?

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I think he cheated. They had ten different cats lined up to testify against him. They had blood samples consistent with doping. If he was innocent he wouldn't just give up. Hyper competitive people don't do that.
    I don't know. Yes it seems like they have hearsay from witnesses. But even if you kick the toughest dog in the gut enough times, he's going to give up and just let it go after a while. He's been accused of this time and time and time and time again. He's been tested more times than ANY OTHER athlete in all of sports, which includes 500 (HUNDRED) blood tests. NONE have come back positive. These accusations, don't even have a positive blood test.

If you are going to test people, and you are judging people on that test,..... yet decide the test isn't giving you the evdidence that you want.... why test at all??? Seems that after 15 years of ridiculous testing and probing, they believe they FINALLY have something?? Really? Seems it proves to me, that if people try hard enough, they can prove anything they want to prove.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I don't know. Yes it seems like they have hearsay from witnesses. But even if you kick the toughest dog in the gut enough times, he's going to give up and just let it go after a while. He's been accused of this time and time and time and time again. He's been tested more times than ANY OTHER athlete in all of sports, which includes 500 (HUNDRED) blood tests. NONE have come back positive. These accusations, don't even have a positive blood test.

If you are going to test people, and you are judging people on that test,..... yet decide the test isn't giving you the evdidence that you want.... why test at all??? Seems that after 15 years of ridiculous testing and probing, they believe they FINALLY have something?? Really? Seems it proves to me, that if people try hard enough, they can prove anything they want to prove.
    Again...let all athletes dope up. Makes the sports more entertaining for us...the fans. If they want to kill themselves over the risk...that's their choice.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I know he's an icon for some of you guys but the guy was doping the entire time, even his best friends no longer stick by his side.
    He is giving up the fight because he knows they have something on him, he wouldnt give up otherwise. Greg Lemond probably finally gave something up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Again...let all athletes dope up. Makes the sports more entertaining for us...the fans. If they want to kill themselves over the risk...that's their choice.
    I agree with this.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    they will make their reccomendation to the TDF, they have the option to accept it, if they wish! they have the depositions fo 2 KNOWN cheaters, who were granted complete immunity solely on the promise that they would say that LA also cheated.
    They have ZERO evidence, only the purchased testimony of known liars and cheaters, 2 of them.
    whats next, traffic vilations for ghandi?
    I heard that Lance brandished a firearm. The witness was a Victoria's Secret employee.

14. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I know he's an icon for some of you guys but the guy was doping the entire time, even his best friends no longer stick by his side.
    He is giving up the fight because he knows they have something on him, he wouldnt give up otherwise. Greg Lemond probably finally gave something up on him.
    "he's been doping the entire time"...pfffft. You don't know that, you just want to believe that. You don't have any evidence, and the evidence against him STILL doesn't have a positive test. I get that a negative test doesn't mean innocence, but 500 tests?? for christs sake, how many times does a person have to spend the money to say the same things and watch people CONTINUE to try and bring you down? 5 HUNDRED blood tests.... zero positives.

As far as being an "icon"...hardly. Don't know much about him and hear he's an *******. DOesn't mean that I simply am willing believe those that want to throw out accusations after accusations after accusations....with the hope that ONE of them is actually going to stick. 5 HUNDRED blood tests.....jeesh.

But personally, I don't care either way. I'm not into cycling, and like Coach said.... wouldn't bother me one bit if guys were allowed to use HGH, steroids, or some other chemical. Hell, they've been doing it since the 30s...the very people that set the records we are trying to protect....used PEDs.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Baseball sucks now that they have cut down the juicing.

everyone is on PED's to some extent... heck its in the food we eat. They pump so much growth hormones into beef and chicken we cant help but have it in our system.
    Last edited by weazel; 08-24-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Baseball sucks now that they have cut down the juicing.
    It's weird to see seasons end and the home run leaders are at the top with barely 40 dingers. I want to see guys hitting 50-60 again. I love the game and appreciate the art of pitching...but no one goes to a ball game to watch batters strikeout.

21. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I think it will come around again. For years the batters were ahead of the pitchers. Right now, the pitchers are ahead of the batters. It will catch up again.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think it will come around again. For years the batters were ahead of the pitchers. Right now, the pitchers are ahead of the batters. It will catch up again.
    It always works in cycles. Hitters will figure it out, no doubt.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information