Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning points finger at himself - Tebow blames others

Default Manning points finger at himself - Tebow blames others

Just one more reason why I love this guy and one more reason why I'm so happy that the Tebow circus has left town!!

Manning - ''At the end of the day, they're interceptions,'' Manning said. ''The quarterback signs the check on every ball he throws. There's an old saying that the most important part of every play is to possess the ball at the end of that play. That's the quarterback's job. I have to do a better job of that.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/peyton-...0401--nfl.html

Tebow - And even though Tebow's first possession ended in a Jets field goal, it would/could/should have been more, thanks to Tebow badly underthrowing a wide-open Stephen Hill on a second-and-20 pass attempt. How open is Hill? Well, there's literally no one within five yards of him. And there's no defender within range of Tebow either. Your average guy at a tailgate could throw the ball 35 yards in the air and hit Hill for a touchdown. Tebow badly underthrew him and, as you can see in the reaction on the Jets "highlights" video at NFL.com, then frustratingly waved at Hill, instructing him that he should've come back to the ball. After the game, Tebow was asked about the throw and said it was "both" his fault for the underthrow and Hill's fault for not coming back to the ball.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...rting-to-crack
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I would not call that Tebow blaming anybody. He does what hes always does. Never takes sides and is always general. I have seen people mention that was not the easiest pass for tebow throwing across his body as he was on the move rolling out to the right (not his good side). He did not stop to set up and throw he was running and threw the ball. But i am not going to say that was Hills fault. Could Hill had made and adjustment and caught it probably. But Tebow really screwed the pooch on that throw. It was under thrown and should have been made. That bad pass was on tebow.

3. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Yeah - Manning never yells at his receivers.. and yet another Tebow bashing thread = yawn!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Yeah - Manning never yells at his receivers.. and yet another Tebow bashing thread = yawn!
    Big diff. Manning has earned the right, Tebow? Not so much.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Manning blames himself.
    Tebow blames himself and others.
    Cutler blames others.

Denver has made a consistent upgrade in this department at the qb position the last 5 years and its nice to see they finally seemed to get it right!

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Manning blames himself.
    Cutler blames others.

Denver has made a consistent upgrade in this department at the qb position the last 5 years and its nice to see they finally seemed to get it right!
    Cutler to Tebow is an upgrade?
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

11. The Following 7 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

What did Elway do!?!

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Cutler to Tebow is an upgrade?
    An aging Manning is most definitely an upgrade to Jay Cutler in his prime.

15. The Following User High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    An aging Manning is most definitely an upgrade to Jay Cutler in his prime.
    I think that will be seen this season with Culter. When we had him last he was a pro bowl QB with Marshall. I think he will top that season this year.

17. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

It was just a bad throw by Tebow, plain and simple, if you saw the replay then you saw that there wasn't any need to "throw it low and to the pylon" as Tebow explained. The throw was so bad that Hill didn't have a chance to adjust. Stephen Hill if you're smart you'll take this one on the chin because he's Tim Tebow and you're not. The last thing you wanna do is get sideways with millions of obscenely stupid and very vocal fans in your rookie season.

Tebow was throwing on the run to his off-hand but that distance was right in his wheelhouse and shoulda been an easy TD.......

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    K.J. Hamler

__________________________________________________ __________
    "Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico

Manning blames himself.
    Cutler blames others.
    __________________________________________________ __________

That is a pretty dead on analysis.

TBH, I haven't missed Cutless for a minute. What a first class whiner that guy is.
    Last edited by Bugs Baloney; 08-20-2012 at 07:38 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bugs Baloney For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I think that will be seen this season with Culter. When we had him last he was a pro bowl QB with Marshall. I think he will top that season this year.
    aside from Mannings rookie year...

Jay Cutlers best year doesnt touch Mannings worst.

And the scary thing is Peyton is already back to his old self. Its amazing to think he has only been taken down or even touched 1 time so far this pre season. Hes shown great accuracy and poise in the pocket.

Mistakes will happen, esspecially being away from the game for 18 months, but so far...?

Hes looked great and is only going to get better.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    aside from Mannings rookie year...

Jay Cutlers best year doesnt touch Mannings worst.

And the scary thing is Peyton is already back to his old self. Its amazing to think he has only been taken down or even touched 1 time so far this pre season. Hes shown great accuracy and poise in the pocket.

Mistakes will happen, esspecially being away from the game for 18 months, but so far...?

Hes looked great and is only going to get better.
    Yes he looks great. I do not think he is going to be the old manning but by far a bigger upgrade. I am just saying Culter is going to have a great season this year and pretty sure will make pro bowl.

25. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Yes he looks great. I do not think he is going to be the old manning but by far a bigger upgrade. I am just saying Culter is going to have a great season this year and pretty sure will make pro bowl.
    ProBowl in the NFC is a tall order, Brees and Rodgers are a given and MVP candidates.......

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    ProBowl in the NFC is a tall order, Brees and Rodgers are a given and MVP candidates.......
    Given 1 great NFC QB will be in superbowl. He could beat out stafford who is wayyyy better then Newton.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information