Thread: Need a new Torrent site that is good

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    You know exactly what it means.
    Dont worry I am like a .01

2. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Why buy music? 2% is the manufacuring cost, 5% goes to the artist, and the rest lines the pockets of no talent producers and record labels.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Bandcamp is my favorite place to buy music. As far as I can tell, it's completely artist run, and you set your price. iTunes and Amazon I believe give the Artists a biggest cut of the profit, but iTunes sucks due to the DRM they put in the music.

5. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

That and I refuse to be an iSlave. Sorry, but when I download music, I want o be able to use it on platforms other than things that begin with an i.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Bandcamp is my favorite place to buy music. As far as I can tell, it's completely artist run, and you set your price. iTunes and Amazon I believe give the Artists a biggest cut of the profit, but iTunes sucks due to the DRM they put in the music.
    What is DRM Tink?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    What is DRM Tink?
    DRM is short for digital rights management. When you buy a song from iTunes, you can only play it on the computer and apple branded device that is registered with your iTunes account. It makes it very difficult to do what you would like with your music, like put it on a new iPod, or another mp3 player. Furthermore, it's really a hassle if your computer dies, and you want to get that music back.

10. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

DRM is short for digital rights management. When you buy a song from iTunes, you can only play it on the computer and apple branded device that is registered with your iTunes account. It makes it very difficult to do what you would like with your music, like put it on a new iPod, or another mp3 player. Furthermore, it's really a hassle if your computer dies, and you want to get that music back.
    aka: iSlavery

12. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I've bought music from itunes and I've burned it onto CD's for my wife's car? IDK but it has worked for me.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I've bought music from itunes and I've burned it onto CD's for my wife's car? IDK but it has worked for me.
    Yes, but have you bought music from iTunes, and wanted to put it on another device, or put it on another computer you owned?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yes, but have you bought music from iTunes, and wanted to put it on another device, or put it on another computer you owned?
    Yes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yes.
    And how much of a hassle was it? Furthermore, did you need the internet to do it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And how much of a hassle was it? Furthermore, did you need the internet to do it?
    Fair enough.

But when I got my iPad, I immediately had access to every song I'd ever bought.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Its really not that big of a deal. Just access the file from your music folder and put it on a disk or flash drive and you can spread it like an STD to your other devices. I've never had an issue doing this with iTunes. I mean, of course you can't USE iTunes with other MP3 players, but you still have access to the song folders. Its not too tough.

20. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

ya it transfers easily, even auto transfers to my TV which is a smart TV running windows 7 without any issues wirelessly.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    ya it transfers easily, even auto transfers to my TV which is a smart TV running windows 7 without any issues wirelessly.
    I think people get confused with this whole iTunes thing. Like I said of course you can't plug in anything but an iPhone or iPod to your iTunes, but the files are yours to do with as you please. The only thing I can think of that would be a pain is the Apple Lossless format which only plays on Apple products, but even that can be converted in iTunes with one click. I run both Windows and Mac OS on my new iMac and its the best of all worlds. Great PC gaming and good design and video editing software on the Mac end.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information