Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshall says McDaniels hug was “for show”

Default Marshall says McDaniels hug was “for show”

Relax, this has Broncos news in the report. I found it to be interesting how alot of guys on that team wanted to stay together and didnt like what McDaniels was doing to them. Anyhow here's the report.

Even if the Dolphins had been willing to trade receiver Brandon Marshall within the division, the Patriots likely wouldn’t have been interested. Even if the Dolphins had offered to send picks to get the Pats to take him.

In an interview with Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports, the current Bears wideout talks about issues with Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels that plagued their mutual time in Denver.

The relationship was poisoned from the get-go by the former head coach’s out-of-the-gates decision to trade quarterback Jay Cutler.

READ MORE HERE:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-was-for-show/
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

This guy has the history ass backwards:

mike83ri says:Aug 9, 2012 12:36 PM

Talk about revisionist history. McDaniels wasn’t the GM, and Cutler demanded a trade… It wasn’t THAT long ago Brandon, we all know the facts.

And if thinking you’re going to get accused of something causes you to throw a temper tamtrum and kick footballs everywhere during practice is your way of getting even… well let’s just say that your own admittance of a mental/social disability seems like a more valid explaination of why you did those things.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-was-for-show/
    It's also a horseshit excuse to bitch about Cutler asking for a trade. McDaniels was proven to be a liar so why should anyone believe anything he said. The facts about what happened with Cutler are indispute. Even if Cutler or any player under contract demands you don't have to oblige them. If McDaniels hadn't of been such inmature little twerp things might have been able to be worked out.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 08-09-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    This guy has the history ass backwards:

It's also a horseshit excuse to bitch about Cutler asking for a trade. McDaniels was proven to be a liar so why should anyone believe anything he said. The facts about what happened with Cutler are indispute. Even if Cutler or any player under contract demands you don't have to oblige them. If McDaniels hadn't of been such inmature little twerp things might have been able to be worked out.
    Absolutely. I think the players or in this case the core 4 (Cutler, Marshall, Hillis and Sheff) wanted to stay Broncos.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Like I said, he was one of the very darkest moments of this franchises history that I've ever been associated with. I literally jumped up and down and cheered to the skies when I heard McDaniels was fired. I was soooooooooo happy!
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

7. The Following 12 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quan Cosby

delete thread

9. The Following User High Fived hotcarl For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

This is a fine opportunity to whoop McDaniels one more time and far be it from me to miss such a set up, but Brandon was a complete knucklehead during the mentioned time. There were very few here that didn't want to beat the young man...frequently. It looks like he's starting to get his act together and I wish him the very best, but I cant say I really miss him.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Like I said, he was one of the very darkest moments of this franchises history that I've ever been associated with. I literally jumped up and down and cheered to the skies when I heard McDaniels was fired. I was soooooooooo happy!
    Yea, i was 1 of the few people who did like him I think and didn't want to see him get fired. But looking back, if we went another year with him, who knows how we would have been.

Looks like we got things turned around, and after a playoff berth last year, we now have 1 of the best qbs in the league if hes healthy. So things are looking like they turned out for the best. Those McDaniels years were pretty brutal though.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    K.J. Hamler

I have tried very hard to block any thought or memory that that slime-ball McDaniels was
    here or had anything to do with our great team.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bugs Baloney For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I have no doubt that all those players would of wanted to stay in Denver. They had great chemistry together and had a lot of fun out on the field playing. Im so glad that JE is here now, i was tired of McDump.

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

I've tried to erase the McD memories but every time I think about the team he inherited and then destroyed, I cringe.

Honestly though, now that we have Manning and we had our fun with Tebow and B. Llyod, the only 2 players I still really miss are Hillis and Sheff.

Imagine Manning, McGehee, Hillis, Thomas, Decker, and Sheff all together on one offense.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

19. The Following User High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
    I've tried to erase the McD memories but every time I think about the team he inherited and then destroyed, I cringe.

Honestly though, now that we have Manning and we had our fun with Tebow and B. Llyod, the only 2 players I still really miss are Hillis and Sheff.

Imagine Manning, McGehee, Hillis, Thomas, Decker, and Sheff all together on one offense.
    And Lloyd and BMarsh. Imagine that offense Its crazy how all he had to do was fix the defense though. Its like he got mad at Shanny for saying leave the offense alone and just fix the defense.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

yeah, i too was one of the few who liked mcD (in theory, anyways). but it's hard to defend/understand the rationale for most of what he did. having typed that, i still think marshall, cutler, hillis and sheffler were a bunch of knuckleheads whose egos were more advanced than their talents. there seems to be this revisionist history of how great they were. marshall's the only one i'd classify as "great." the others were fun to watch, but they still had a lot of room to grow (and, it seems, cutler did grow).

Quote Originally Posted by rationalfan View Post
    yeah, i too was one of the few who liked mcD (in theory, anyways). but it's hard to defend/understand the rationale for most of what he did. having typed that, i still think marshall, cutler, hillis and sheffler were a bunch of knuckleheads whose egos were more advanced than their talents. there seems to be this revisionist history of how great they were. marshall's the only one i'd classify as "great." the others were fun to watch, but they still had a lot of room to grow (and, it seems, cutler did grow).
    Exactly. I don't think anyone said they were "great." I think the understanding is that they were some of the most talented players we've had in Denver, and certainly the most talented drafted at their positions since Elway (in Denver). That meant getting to watch them grow together, as a unit. We wouldn't be rebuilding now, but for sure reloading as we would be one of the top teams in the AFC (if not the NFL) had we kept that nucleus and built around it instead of trying to replace everythign we already had.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Exactly. I don't think anyone said they were "great." I think the understanding is that they were some of the most talented players we've had in Denver, and certainly the most talented drafted at their positions since Elway (in Denver). That meant getting to watch them grow together, as a unit. We wouldn't be rebuilding now, but for sure reloading as we would be one of the top teams in the AFC (if not the NFL) had we kept that nucleus and built around it instead of trying to replace everythign we already had.
    Exactly.

It seemed like everyone on the planet knew what Denver really needed to work on except for McDaniels himself. If Josh ever HC's again he better take a lesson from what he did wrong in Denver because he will always fail if he tries to do what he did here.

25. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Exactly.

It seemed like everyone on the planet knew what Denver really needed to work on except for McDaniels himself. If Josh ever HC's again he better take a lesson from what he did wrong in Denver because he will always fail if he tries to do what he did here.
    IMO, he'll always fail as a HC. 1) he doesn't get along with others 2) he doesn't get along with others because he thinks he's so much smarter than everyone else.... including his assistant coaches. 3) He's not a leader that people will want to follow.

27. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information