Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshall reports to Broncos camp but isn't happy

Default Marshall reports to Broncos camp but isn't happy

Associated Press

Updated: July 27, 2009, 7:01 PM EDT
    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - Recalcitrant receiver Brandon Marshall was an unhappy camper Monday when he reported for the first day of the Denver Broncos' training camp.

Marshall, who missed all offseason workouts while rehabbing from hip surgery and protesting his contract and his medical treatment from the team, participated in the short afternoon workout. But he made it clear afterward that he remains displeased with his situation.
    He said the reason he showed up was to avoid the $15,888 daily fines he could have been assessed otherwise.

Marshall, who has asked for a contract renegotiation and, barring that, a trade, reported to camp along with the quarterbacks, rookies and other players coming off injuries. The first full squad workout is Friday.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...sn't-happy

Default Dodging fines, Marshall reports to Broncos camp

By Jeff Legwold
    The Denver Post

Posted: 07/27/2009 11:19:43 AM MDT
    Updated: 07/27/2009 05:57:06 PM MDT

Wide receiver Brandon Marshall won't say he's happy to still be with the with the Denver Broncos, but he did report for training camp Monday, the mandated day for the team's rookies and players who had offseason surgeries.

Asked Monday if he was happy to be with the team, Marshall said simply, "I'm happy to be playing football. That's what I've done since I was a little boy and hopefully that's what I can continue to do."

Marshall, who has expressed displeasure with his contract after back-to-back 100-catch seasons, had elected to rehab from his offseason hip surgery in Florida and had stayed away from both mandatory and voluntary offseason workouts.

Later asked why he elected to show up Monday he said: "Fifteen thousand. I mean, it's got to stop eventually. I definitely didn't want to get that fine, so I'm here."

Players who miss training camp practices are, by league rules, fined $15,888 per day.

Marshall also repeated his previous stance that, "I'm under contract, it's my obligation to be here and I'm here."

Marshall wants to renegotiate the $2.198 million salary left on the contract he received as a fourth-round rookie in 2006 and has said he wants to be traded if he doesn't get a new deal. Marshall is also facing an Aug. 13 trial in Atlanta on a misdemeanor battery charge. If Marshall is found guilty, the NFL could discipline him with a season-starting suspension for a second consecutive season.

Marshall had not had a one-on-one discussion with head coach Josh McDaniels until Monday. Marshall said, "My agent (Kennard McGuire) has been talking to McDaniels."

The Broncos veteran players will report Thursday and the team will have its first full workout Friday morning.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12923116?source=rss

Go away for a month or two and come back to this bitch still whining. Some things never change.

4. The Following 9 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Marshall needs to quit bitching. The Broncos hold the cards...he'll get his money if he shows he can stay out of trouble and keep performing at t high level.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Exactly. He's ignorant to think he has any leverage with the team at all right now. Shut your ******* mouth and play football.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I would have been pissed if he held out. Since he's shown up, I say give him a new contract. Incentive laden, but a new contract.

10. The Following 11 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I would have been pissed if he held out. Since he's shown up, I say give him a new contract. Incentive laden, but a new contract.
    They will see how this latest court date plays out and how he produces during the year... Im sure if he keeps his mouth shut and is able to play majority of the year he will get rewarded with a contract he deserves and we can all move on from there... Until then they just need to keep his bi-polar ass away from the media

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That's fine with me as well. May be the only way to keep both sides relatively happy...

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

You can listen to Brandon talking to the press today:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

I bet if he wins his court case, Pat gives him a new contract. If he has to go the whole season with his current contract he will be a malcontent..
    I also wonder how much his fiance's desires for where they live is playing a role in this soap opera...

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Amazing. The scouts were dead on when they called him Baby T.O.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    You can listen to Brandon talking to the press today:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/
    I listened to about a minute of him then had to turn it off. Amazing......I do feel sorry for the guy though. Just imagine....Single....no kids.....Living in a recession....making 2+ mil..........Gotta be hard on the guy.

20. The Following 5 Users High Fived roomemp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by roomemp View Post
    I listened to about a minute of him then had to turn it off. Amazing......I do feel sorry for the guy though. Just imagine....Single....no kids.....Living in a recession....making 2+ mil..........Gotta be hard on the guy.
    You forgot one thing - paying his lawyer(s) BIG bucks everytime he gets in trouble - guess Brandon is the only one who could fix that - STAY OUT OF TROUBLE

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

22. The Following 8 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Amazing. The scouts were dead on when they called him Baby T.O.
    You got that right. The only thing he hasn't done is throw his QB's under the bus so as long as he stays away from that I think we'll be able to live with him and his shenanigans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Exactly. He's ignorant to think he has any leverage with the team at all right now. Shut your ******* mouth and play football.
    I agree! I say the same for Moreno and Ayers too. Show up to camp fellas...your money will come!!!

25. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information