Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marshall reports to Broncos camp but isn't happy

Adopted Bronco:
    Noah Fant

I really like this guy's game. However, if he continues to act like a spoiled brat, i.e. T.O., let him do it for the Skins or 'Boys, or whoever wants a poisonous snake on their team.

2. The Following User High Fived horsepig For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Hes here.

Lets stop the drama dragging and see what happens.
    THANK YOU!

best post in the thread by far and away. . . sheesh. . .

after alllll the crying and hand-wringing about him not reporting to camp, he's here. . . shocker! the media sticks a mic in the guy's face, knowing they're probably going to get some sound bytes, and people are bitching up a storm because he didn't get down on his knees and pledge his undying devotion to the orange and blue. . . my god some of you take this stuff seriously! and personally, too. . .

sure, marshall's not the sharpest tool in the shed, we all know that-- but when it comes down to the bottom line, the truth is that MOST professional athletes are putting their wallets ahead of any concepts about loyalty. . . sorry it offends people so much, but that's the way of the world. . . i can't see the sense of getting all pissed off about it, but that's just me. . . then again. . . i value substance over style, and i care a lot more about what guys do on the field than what they say off it, and so far i've been quite happy with what brandon's done on the field, drops aside. . . off the field is obviously a different matter-- but if he can come back healthy, put up a hundred catches for thirteen-hundred yards and blow guys up in the running game, while avoiding the hoosegow, he can wear oakland raiders panties around the house and tell the media he worships al davis for all i care. . . .

*shrugs*

would i prefer that he shut his mouth and not be heard from again until the season's over? yea, that would be ideal, but posturing in the media from a guy that's looking for a new deal is hardly unexpected. . . it's really no big deal. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    THANK YOU!

best post in the thread by far and away. . . sheesh. . .

after alllll the crying and hand-wringing about him not reporting to camp, he's here. . . shocker! the media sticks a mic in the guy's face, knowing they're probably going to get some sound bytes, and people are bitching up a storm because he didn't get down on his knees and pledge his undying devotion to the orange and blue. . . my god some of you take this stuff seriously! and personally, too. . .

sure, marshall's not the sharpest tool in the shed, we all know that-- but when it comes down to the bottom line, the truth is that MOST professional athletes are putting their wallets ahead of any concepts about loyalty. . . sorry it offends people so much, but that's the way of the world. . . i can't see the sense of getting all pissed off about it, but that's just me. . . then again. . . i value substance over style, and i care a lot more about what guys do on the field than what they say off it, and so far i've been quite happy with what brandon's done on the field, drops aside. . . off the field is obviously a different matter-- but if he can come back healthy, put up a hundred catches for thirteen-hundred yards and blow guys up in the running game, while avoiding the hoosegow, he can wear oakland raiders panties around the house and tell the media he worships al davis for all i care. . . .

*shrugs*

would i prefer that he shut his mouth and not be heard from again until the season's over? yea, that would be ideal, but posturing in the media from a guy that's looking for a new deal is hardly unexpected. . . it's really no big deal. . .

Damn. I could of sworn this was a Bronco's message board. Where did i take a wrong turn? Pizmo Beach?

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Damn. I could of sworn this was a Bronco's message board. Where did i take a wrong turn? Pizmo Beach?
    good point-- i should be used to the drama and complaining by now. . . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

8. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    good point-- i should be used to the drama and complaining by now. . . .

The way i look at it is if i have to deal with the countless threads about a Qb who hasnt been here in 3 years you can suck it up with a few T.O threads buckaroo.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Join the club Brandon.....I showed up to work too, and I am not happy.

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'm actually pretty impressed that he showed up.

Now i'm ready for Nate Swift to show HIM up.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Join the club Brandon.....I showed up to work too, and I am not happy.

are you being 2.2 mil to play a game?

Default B-Marsh's attitude doesn't make cents

Kiszla:
    By Mark Kiszla
    The Denver Post
    Posted: 07/28/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Brandon Marshall caught 104 passes last season. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)Stuck in a dead-end job you keep doing only to pay the bills? Brandon Marshall knows exactly how you feel.

Of course, Marshall's job in Denver will pay him about $2.2 million this year to play football.

It must really, really stink to be Marshall.

No wonder the disgruntled 25-year-old receiver would rather be anywhere except here, stuck at training camp with men obviously beneath his Pro Bowl stature, wearing a Broncos uniform.

"It says Denver Broncos on my chest right now," Marshall said Monday, tugging on the team emblem adorning his T-shirt.

But his heart obviously wasn't in his work.

Marshall admitted the primary reason he showed up was to avoid the fine of $15,888 per day for missing workouts.

"I definitely didn't want to get that fine, so I'm here," he said.

But everything about his body language shouted: Get me outta town.

If getting paid the big NFL bucks is his goal, Marshall has dropped the ball in the clutch.

Come to think of it, isn't that the No. 1 reason Marshall is a true superstar only in his own mind?

Pouting is a weak ploy to negotiate a lucrative contract. As the parent of any petulant child knows, rewarding bad behavior can only encourage more hissy fits.

Does Marshall want to be known as "The Beast" or a brat?

So I asked new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels if it really mattered if Marshall was an unhappy camper, so long as he punched the clock and reported to work.

"Of course," McDaniels replied, "you want every player to want to be here and want to do everything you're asking of them."

Trouble is: There are no popsicle breaks in the NFL.

While Marshall's hip injury is legitimate, hurt feelings don't count for anything. This is an adult league.

McDaniels might appear young enough to produce proof of age when he carries a case of beer to the checkout counter, but he's sure as heck too old to be a babysitter. Or, as Denver's new coach so concisely stated, "I'm not going to sit here

and gauge one guy's feelings over another on a day-to-day basis."
    After playing last season through the pain in a hip that required surgery in the spring, Marshall has reason for legitimate trust issues with the Broncos organization. After making 206 receptions in the past two seasons, he can make a strong argument for deserving a raise.

There's no excuse, however, for walking around with an unprofessional attitude. It makes zero business sense, especially considering that Marshall faces an Aug. 13 court date on domestic violence charges. What's more, with unanswered questions when we will see him back on the field for a game, the Broncos would be foolish to trade Marshall now, when his trade value is obviously down.

During economic times when keeping up with the mortgage is a major victory for millions of Americans, B-Marsh seems to be of the opinion that football owes him happiness.

"I have faith in conversations that I've had with ownership and my agent, and I'm just going to put my faith and belief in things that I've heard," Marshall said.

People close to Marshall might be advised to stop telling the receiver whatever he wants to hear.

Sure, there should be more Pro Bowl seasons in Marshall's future. In fact, there could be one in Denver this season, if he gave it a chance.

But, at 12.8 yards per catch for his career, Marshall is not a true superstar. He cannot beat a team by himself, the way Arizona receiver Larry Fitzgerald can.

Nobody of right mind would confuse Marshall with Jerry Rice, or even Randy Moss, for that matter.
    Get a big raise?

What Marshall needs far worse is to catch a clue

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12926883?source=rss

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    are you being 2.2 mil to play a game?
    No, but I have a plasma tv in my possession that has remained unpunched.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Kiszla:
    By Mark Kiszla
    The Denver Post
    Posted: 07/28/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Brandon Marshall caught 104 passes last season. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)Stuck in a dead-end job you keep doing only to pay the bills? Brandon Marshall knows exactly how you feel.

Of course, Marshall's job in Denver will pay him about $2.2 million this year to play football.

It must really, really stink to be Marshall.

No wonder the disgruntled 25-year-old receiver would rather be anywhere except here, stuck at training camp with men obviously beneath his Pro Bowl stature, wearing a Broncos uniform.

"It says Denver Broncos on my chest right now," Marshall said Monday, tugging on the team emblem adorning his T-shirt.

But his heart obviously wasn't in his work.

Marshall admitted the primary reason he showed up was to avoid the fine of $15,888 per day for missing workouts.

"I definitely didn't want to get that fine, so I'm here," he said.

But everything about his body language shouted: Get me outta town.

If getting paid the big NFL bucks is his goal, Marshall has dropped the ball in the clutch.

Come to think of it, isn't that the No. 1 reason Marshall is a true superstar only in his own mind?

Pouting is a weak ploy to negotiate a lucrative contract. As the parent of any petulant child knows, rewarding bad behavior can only encourage more hissy fits.

Does Marshall want to be known as "The Beast" or a brat?

So I asked new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels if it really mattered if Marshall was an unhappy camper, so long as he punched the clock and reported to work.

"Of course," McDaniels replied, "you want every player to want to be here and want to do everything you're asking of them."

Trouble is: There are no popsicle breaks in the NFL.

While Marshall's hip injury is legitimate, hurt feelings don't count for anything. This is an adult league.

McDaniels might appear young enough to produce proof of age when he carries a case of beer to the checkout counter, but he's sure as heck too old to be a babysitter. Or, as Denver's new coach so concisely stated, "I'm not going to sit here

and gauge one guy's feelings over another on a day-to-day basis."
    After playing last season through the pain in a hip that required surgery in the spring, Marshall has reason for legitimate trust issues with the Broncos organization. After making 206 receptions in the past two seasons, he can make a strong argument for deserving a raise.

There's no excuse, however, for walking around with an unprofessional attitude. It makes zero business sense, especially considering that Marshall faces an Aug. 13 court date on domestic violence charges. What's more, with unanswered questions when we will see him back on the field for a game, the Broncos would be foolish to trade Marshall now, when his trade value is obviously down.

During economic times when keeping up with the mortgage is a major victory for millions of Americans, B-Marsh seems to be of the opinion that football owes him happiness.

"I have faith in conversations that I've had with ownership and my agent, and I'm just going to put my faith and belief in things that I've heard," Marshall said.

People close to Marshall might be advised to stop telling the receiver whatever he wants to hear.

Sure, there should be more Pro Bowl seasons in Marshall's future. In fact, there could be one in Denver this season, if he gave it a chance.

But, at 12.8 yards per catch for his career, Marshall is not a true superstar. He cannot beat a team by himself, the way Arizona receiver Larry Fitzgerald can.

Nobody of right mind would confuse Marshall with Jerry Rice, or even Randy Moss, for that matter.
    Get a big raise?

What Marshall needs far worse is to catch a clue

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12926883?source=rss
    And for the "other side of the story" he is one of the few guys to ever have back to back 100 catch seasons, and he and Glen Martinez were the lowest paid receivers on the team and there was something like 70 receivers in the league who made more than him last year (how many of them had 100 catches in either of the last two years, forget both).

I'm not endorsing a holdout, I think he should bust his butt this year to force the Broncos give him a big contract mid season or in the off season, but the ripping on Marshall that so many are doing is crazy. The guy has a right to be upset about not being given a big extension for his on field performance, and the Broncos are right to be cautious because of his off field problems, but lets not forget how many back to back 100 catch receivers Denver has had to date.

Let's try and remember the last time that the Broncos had a receiver that commanded double or even triple teams.

19. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Well I won't be buying a Marshall Jersey for sure. He spent how much time last year talking about how he loves helping the kids with that Preacher Dude, and now he acts like this? Oh yeah Great Role Model!!!!! Ship him off it is going to be a problem everytime he is up for a new contract.

God I hate him now!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosBlitz View Post
    I agree! I say the same for Moreno and Ayers too. Show up to camp fellas...your money will come!!!

Moreno and Ayers cant show up to camp until they are under contract. The league rules of the NFL prohibits that. Its not them, its the team not getting a contract worked out.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosBlitz View Post
    I agree! I say the same for Moreno and Ayers too. Show up to camp fellas...your money will come!!!
    Not if they sustain a serious injury while without a contract.
    RIP Cameron, D, & D

23. The Following User High Fived Dean For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    And for the "other side of the story" he is one of the few guys to ever have back to back 100 catch seasons, and he and Glen Martinez were the lowest paid receivers on the team and there was something like 70 receivers in the league who made more than him last year (how many of them had 100 catches in either of the last two years, forget both).
    Right, but how many of those 70 played through their rookie contracts making less than everyone else and then got their big payday when their contract was up? How many of that 70 held out for more money? How many of that 70 have had legal issues?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information