Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marshall reports to Broncos camp but isn't happy

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

well I don't think they should give him the money right now with a new contract, but they should throw in some incentives to let him have the opportunity to make some more money this season.

ie...if you go out there, and play hard, put up good numbers, and stay out of trouble off the field, we'll give you bonuses, under categories x, y, z on top of your base salary this season...and if at season's end you've done all that, we'll sit down a negotiate a long term deal for you.

I think that would be fair, and it would motivate Brandon to go out and play hard, and it would allow the Broncos to retain Marshall.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Overtime For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    well I don't think they should give him the money right now with a new contract, but they should throw in some incentives to let him have the opportunity to make some more money this season.

ie...if you go out there, and play hard, put up good numbers, and stay out of trouble off the field, we'll give you bonuses, under categories x, y, z on top of your base salary this season...and if at season's end you've done all that, we'll sit down a negotiate a long term deal for you.

I think that would be fair, and it would motivate Brandon to go out and play hard, and it would allow the Broncos to retain Marshall.
    Good points. It all comes down to Marshall shutting up and just playing ball and keeping out of trouble.......

4. The Following User High Fived roomemp For This Post:

I was on the fence about this until reading his comments today, but I'm on the "Trade Brandon Marshall" bandwagon now. Personally, I don't see the Broncos going very far this year. Might as well trade him and load up on picks as it is. If this is the beginning of a rebuilding project the team should go all the way.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I was on the fence about this until reading his comments today, but I'm on the "Trade Brandon Marshall" bandwagon now. Personally, I don't see the Broncos going very far this year. Might as well trade him and load up on picks as it is. If this is the beginning of a rebuilding project the team should go all the way.
    It doesn't make sense to me that you'd feel like that because of this last interview... The guy said he wants to be "happy." Not that he wants to be traded. I'll bet Marshall will be thrilled to be a Bronco as long as he gets a new contract (which he deserves btw). I think that if the court case ends up with him not being guilty and not getting a suspension that he'll be a Bronco for 2009 and beyond. I'm glad to see him in orange and blue and I hope it stays this way.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Italianmobstr7 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me that you'd feel like that because of this last interview... The guy said he wants to be "happy." Not that he wants to be traded. I'll bet Marshall will be thrilled to be a Bronco as long as he gets a new contract (which he deserves btw). I think that if the court case ends up with him not being guilty and not getting a suspension that he'll be a Bronco for 2009 and beyond. I'm glad to see him in orange and blue and I hope it stays this way.
    My feelings aren't based solely on that interview. His attitude has sucked for most of the offseason and after reading his comments today he obviously hasn't changed his mind about not wanting to be in Denver. I would like to see the Broncos grant him his wish and continue to build for the future.
    Last edited by spikerman; 07-27-2009 at 09:10 PM.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

9. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    They will see how this latest court date plays out and how he produces during the year... Im sure if he keeps his mouth shut and is able to play majority of the year he will get rewarded with a contract he deserves and we can all move on from there... Until then they just need to keep his bi-polar ass away from the media

if Y'all have not noticed BM is TO.. put a camera in front of him and he has diaria of the lips..

if this moron can't live on 2.2 Mil this year, keep his mouth shut and nose clean till mid year or later then I do not want the moron on our team..

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    My feelings aren't based solely on that interview. His attitude has sucked for most of the offseason and after reading his comments today he obviously hasn't changed his mind about not wanting to be in Denver. I would like to see the Broncos grant him his wish and continue to build for the future.
    For our sake, we should hope that Brandon Marshall IS part of our future. Don't let his little rant for money make you forget how GOOD of a player he is. The dude has been in the league for 3 years and has put up top 5 numbers in catches in yards for the last 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    if this moron can't live on 2.2 Mil this year, keep his mouth shut and nose clean till mid year or later then I do not want the moron on our team..
    I don't think that he "can't live" on 2.2 mill. He clearly doesn't want to. He's performed like one of the best WR's in the NFL. He wants to be paid like it. Our training staff misdiagnosed his injury and could have cost him his career! He played through pain all season long and still dominated. Yes, he's had off field issues, but he still deserves a new contract. It's not like he's asking for a new contract earlier than he should. This is when we usually re-do contracts, in their last year. I don't know what you guys all want... He's in TC and he's a Denver Bronco. If they ask him a question, at least he's being honest instead of BSing us all...

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Italianmobstr7 For This Post:

For our sake, we should hope that Brandon Marshall IS part of our future. Don't let his little rant for money make you forget how GOOD of a player he is. The dude has been in the league for 3 years and has put up top 5 numbers in catches in yards for the last 2...

I don't think that he "can't live" on 2.2 mill. He clearly doesn't want to. He's performed like one of the best WR's in the NFL. He wants to be paid like it. Our training staff misdiagnosed his injury and could have cost him his career! He played through pain all season long and still dominated. Yes, he's had off field issues, but he still deserves a new contract. It's not like he's asking for a new contract earlier than he should. This is when we usually re-do contracts, in their last year. I don't know what you guys all want... He's in TC and he's a Denver Bronco. If they ask him a question, at least he's being honest instead of BSing us all...
    I don't doubt his talent. I was reading a magazine recently (I think it was ESPN the mag) and they were talking about Marshall. The writer's point, and I admit I hadn't thought of this before, was that Marshall is basically a possession receiver and typically possession receivers are not paid like the burners. I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but he posted Marshall's stats and while he had a lot of catches he didn't have many TDs. There could be a lot of reasons for that, but if I buy into the argument that he is simply a good possession receiver, I would limit the amount I would pay him too (if it was up to me). Look, he signed a contract and he's proven himself unreliable to the team because he can't stay out of trouble off the field. I don't think that it's too much to ask that he honor his contract and show that the team will be able to count on him. If that's too much to ask he should be shown the door, which is what he wants anyway.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

After watching the short video I not all that sure he doe not want to be here.. and not sure he is just a merc..

but I did feel if he did not get a contract he is going to be less than thrilled about it..

you do not know this for a fact.. nor do I know it is a contract talking point..

perhaps it is some where in between but was it mike that told him to play or force the Dr's to tell him he was fine..

and know one knows for sure how serious the hip thing was.. it did not stop him from playing in the Pro bowl..

personally I think it was about 90% bovine excrement made up for contract talking points..

no one heard a peep about this till he came back from the pro bowl with visions of sugar plums dancing in his head.. just like a$$$hley and poorti$$$ did..

19. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by roomemp View Post
    Good points. It all comes down to Marshall shutting up and just playing ball and keeping out of trouble.......

pretty simple but it is over his IQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    After watching the short video I not all that sure he doe not want to be here.. and not sure he is just a merc..

but I did feel if he did not get a contract he is going to be less than thrilled about it..
    I kind of hope someone sits him down and says something along the lines of kick ass and we'll give you a contract on this date or something, maybe not that specific or anything, but just makes him prove himself.

Quality Guy

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived CHARLIEADAMSFAN For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Hes here.

Lets stop the drama dragging and see what happens.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I would have been pissed if he held out. Since he's shown up, I say give him a new contract. Incentive laden, but a new contract.
    If he buys into it which i doubt. He knows whats on the line so i highly doubt he will want to wait after his court date.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information