Thread: McDaniels: Impressive

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default McDaniels: Impressive

Was listening to Gary Miller and Vic Lombardi on cbs 4, and they said they were pretty impressed with Josh McDaniels because he and the Broncos coaching staff already had every minute of every day of practice for the entire training camp mapped out...........AND...........every practice of every game of the entire regular season as well.

I must say......although we know they may make changes........wow.

That is indeed impressive.

Also, they were impressed with his hands on approach of coaching as well.

Lets see what tomorrow brings, eh?

http://cbs4denver.com/services/popof...ationName=CBS4&
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Sounds like Coach Wooden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

I have to say, I'm not surprised.
    This kind of intense preparation is indicative of the kind of person Mr. Bowlen hired to guide our Broncos into the future. And it reminds me a lot of Mike Shanahan when he was younger and hungrier.
    Everything about McDaniels says "hands on" workaholic and organized.
    Sure He could've handled Jay.C with kid gloves (I don't want a QB that needs handling that way anyway), but that's water under the bridge at this point.
    Some people can't understand why there are Broncos Fans that feel good about what's happening with their team.
    It's because we believe Pat found the right man for the job.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalImport View Post
    I have to say, I'm not surprised.
    This kind of intense preparation is indicative of the kind of person Mr. Bowlen hired to guide our Broncos into the future. And it reminds me a lot of Mike Shanahan when he was younger and hungrier.
    Everything about McDaniels says "hands on" workaholic and organized.
    Sure He could've handled Jay.C with kid gloves (I don't want a QB that needs handling that way anyway), but that's water under the bridge at this point.
    Some people can't understand why there are Broncos Fans that feel good about what's happening with their team.
    It's because we believe Pat found the right man for the job.
    You're right! I trust Pat has made the right decision and time will tell. McDaniel's is doing what every coach at every level should do and that's plan out the season. Things will change but this proves he is prepared and focused on making this team better. Coaching at the college and pro level (especially pro level) is a whole new world, imo!!

8. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i'd be more impressed if they'd been adequately prepared for the draft-- you know, with more than sixty-some prospects ranked on their draft board. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i'd be more impressed if they'd been adequately prepared for the draft-- you know, with more than sixty-some prospects ranked on their draft board. . . .
    It was 100 or so on their want list.

Mostly likey pared down from all of scouting reports filed bt the same scouting group that mike used.

Just because they had a short wish list and drafted accordingly that is not a bad thing.

They had a short list they wanted to spend the choices on. Then went after 12 or so UDFA they wanted without wasting a pick on.

Nothing wrong with that. IMHO

Sent via Blackberry.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post

They had a short list they wanted to spend the choices on. Then went after 12 or so UDFA they wanted without wasting a pick on.

Nothing wrong with that. IMHO

Sent via Blackberry.
    Yea I don't undertand what the big deal is with that. They actually looked at football players and not their size/skill set.

"This guy's 6-1 and 330 lbs. With that size he's surely going to be our next starting NT!!"

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'd be more impressed if you actually had any knowledge at all as to how much they prepared for the draft instead of just seeing they only had 60 players on the board and taking that to assume that they didn't prepare adequately.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I'd be more impressed if you actually had any knowledge at all as to how much they prepared for the draft instead of just seeing they only had 60 players on the board and taking that to assume that they didn't prepare adequately.
    That's a good point too. Seriously, considering the last 10 years, what do Bronco fans really know about being successful through the draft.

One or two homeruns out of a plethora of at bats doesn't all of a sudden make someone a home run hitter,

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    That's a good point too. Seriously, considering the last 10 years, what do Bronco fans really know about being successful through the draft.

One or two homeruns out of a plethora of at bats doesn't all of a sudden make someone a home run hitter,

for the most part we were not when getting doubles let alone tripes and home runs.. most of what mike served up were dinky singles and a few getting on base because of errors..

and there were some spectacular strike outs also..

having 350 players on your board means nothing if 240 are camp fodder and hail marys..

I like him as a coach and had a good feel about him and his sytem for us when i first saw him speak and coach. That i love and think he will do well for us.

But he should never have let the jay thing start, or get out of hand. He also is too cocky in his scheme- that seems to have changed some. But i attribute the same thing with scheffler as i do jay.

Had wonder coach actually worked with jay and seen him QB he would have said cassell can lick balls. Lesson learned.

As a coach great, i like. As a personale general manager- i dislike. Cant wait for TC and then the PS and the the Reg Season.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Um...doesn't that mean they were extremely prepared? They knew what type of players they wanted and had thoroughly weeded out players they didn't like and taken them off the board. Now if they had almost every draft eligible player on their board that would be a sign that they weren't prepared.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Was listening to Gary Miller and Vic Lombardi on cbs 4, and they said they were pretty impressed with Josh McDaniels because he and the Broncos coaching staff already had every minute of every day of practice for the entire training camp mapped out...........AND...........every practice of every game of the entire regular season as well.

I must say......although we know they may make changes........wow.

That is indeed impressive.

Also, they were impressed with his hands on approach of coaching as well.

Lets see what tomorrow brings, eh?

http://cbs4denver.com/services/popof...ationName=CBS4&
    Shanahan was the same way. He had every minute of every day of the season planned out in advance.

Even at the high school level each practice is planned out at least up to the first game. After the games begin, strengths and weaknesses both in your team and in the opponents that you might have been unaware of start to emerge. That must then be taken into account and planned for. You can't just throw out a ball and turn them loose.

RIP Cameron, D, & D

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Had wonder coach actually worked with jay and seen him QB he would have said cassell can lick balls. Lesson learned.
    Agreed. I think it was down to establishing himself as top dog and maybe Jay didn't go along with that.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    As a coach great, i like. As a personale general manager- i dislike. Cant wait for TC and then the PS and the the Reg Season.
    Big time. The last month up to camp is the worst part of the Fb year.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information