Poll: Who was better?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrell Davis or Barry Sanders?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Default Terrell Davis or Barry Sanders?

Who do you think was the better overall running back and more importantly why?
    In Elway We Trust

2. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Good question. Hard to say what Sanders would have done on another team.

TD was amazing in his prime and it is so wrong that Curtis Martin is in the HOF and TD is not. I am sure there are many who think differently. Would anyone ever take Martin over TD for one season? No freakin way.

Im going to say TD over Sanders because of what TD did in the playoffs and SB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Good question. Hard to say what Sanders would have done on another team.

TD was amazing in his prime and it is so wrong that Curtis Martin is in the HOF and TD is not. I am sure there are many who think differently. Would anyone ever take Martin over TD for one season? No freakin way.

Im going to say TD over Sanders because of what TD did in the playoffs and SB.

It is hard to argue with Davis' post season production. I feel that Davis is the best post season back in the history of the NFL. For that reason alone he deserves to be in the HOF.

I've said it before, in 97 and 98 we had the best running game in the NFL, specifically TD was more consistent than Barry Sanders. TD did not make negative plays. Sanders arguably was the most exciting back in the history of the league. Both averaged 5 yards per carry but I always believed that Sanders had to many negative plays. Still, who was the better overall back. Sanders was healthy his entire career, TD's career cut short. I'm a homer, I will take the healthy Davis, especially the post season version, 143 yards a game and 5.6 yards per attempt. Unbelievable numbers.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Barry Sanders.

/THREAD
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Barry sanders had a knack of lots of negative yard carries that often gets overlooked.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Too hard for me, i know Sanders was an amazing RB but to me for the short time period that TD was in the league i had not seen any back better than him. Too hard to really say for me so im going to be biased. TD FTW

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Barry sanders had a knack of lots of negative yard carries that often gets overlooked.
    Sanders had a career ypc of 5.0. Davis had a career of ypc of 4.6.

Sanders had five years with ypc over 5.0 and one over 6.0. Davis had one (his 2,000 yard season).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Sanders had a career ypc of 5.0. Davis had a career of ypc of 4.6.

Sanders had five years with ypc over 5.0 and one over 6.0. Davis had one (his 2,000 yard season).
    He lead the league EVERY YEAR in negative yard carries! Also, when you are down by 28 points in the 3rd quarter like the lions ALWAYS were in the 90s, the other team will let you run the ball.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He lead the league EVERY YEAR in negative yard carries! Also, when you are down by 28 points in the 3rd quarter like the lions ALWAYS were in the 90s, the other team will let you run the ball.
    But clearly, even with that, he still had a ypc that is one of the best all time.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Sanders would have carries of -2, 3, 5, 7, -2, 3, 82, 4, 6, -1, etc. Sure he would have lots of breakaway runs for big yards (this would affect his average), but most of the time, he was not very consistant

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

lol sneakers is talking football

20. The Following 9 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

With sanders it was Feast or famine, I would rather have someone who is consistant every drive....(don't forget for years the lions went to a different back in goal line situations)

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sanders would have carries of -2, 3, 5, 7, -2, 3, 82, 4, 6, -1, etc. Sure he would have lots of breakaway runs for big yards (this would affect his average), but most of the time, he was not very consistant
    I would normally agree with you.

But not with Sanders.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I love TD as much as the next Broncos fan. But besides maybe Walter Payton I think Sanders is the best back I ever saw. He played with one of the worst lines in football and that is why he had so many negative carries. Hell it seemed like half the time he had a guy hanging on him by the time he took the ball from the QB. If Sanders had played longer (damn Lions for not trading him) he would have the all time rushing record.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived gregbroncs For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

I hate being put in a position to not show TD some love, but Barry was an absolute freak and always played on crappy teams. He was truely one of a kind. TD was playing on a great offense with a HOF QB, TE, and LT. The 97 Broncos were stacked on O.

28. The Following 6 Users High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information