Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Ayers Expects to be in Camp

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kailua Hawaii
    Adopted Bronco:
    LOMBARDI
    Posts
    5,462

    Default Ayers Expects to be in Camp

    Broncos rookie defensive tackle Robert Ayers, the 18th pick of this past April’s draft and one of two first-rounders for the team, said Wednesday he expects to have a signed contract in hand and report to training camp on time.

    The Broncos have signed just one of their 10 selections thus far — offensive linemen Blake Schlueter, a seventh-round pick. The team’s rookies and injured players report for training camp Monday with the veterans set to report July 30.

    “I think I’ll be there on time ready to go,’’ Ayers said. “My agent (Tony Agnone) and the Broncos – (General manager) Mr. (Brian) Xanders – have been working on it. You know how it is, but I think it’ll get done. They’ve all been working on it a lot and I think I’ll be in there the first day. I’m living close by and already moved in so I don’t have to come far when I get the word.’’

    And while running back Knowshon Moreno, the team’s other first-round selection, has received plenty of attention thus far in the offseason, it is Ayers who may play the most and the most quickly among the Broncos rookies.

    Ayers, a defensive end at Tennessee, has worked at both defensive end and linebacker in the Broncos’ new 3-4 scheme. Ayers said he has spent virtually all of the offseason in Denver, usually one of the first players on the field for a workout and one of the last to leave, trying to make sure he was ready to contribute in the defense.

    “I want to play, so you have to put in the work,” Ayers said.






    Thats good. Lets get em all in on time.
    I reserve the right to be wrong........yet right.

  2. The Following 4 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, dalton risner
    Posts
    37,723

    Default

    if he doesn't sign on time to report for the first day of camp, i say we should cut him to send a message-- no room on this team for guys who aren't team players. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  4. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno
    Posts
    4,695

    Default

    I just watched a video on youtube of Moreno and Ayers fielding questions from fans. Both of those guys are quite likeable but I already knew that about Moreno. Ayers impresses me more and more. I really hope this guy sticks his nose in there and gets it done. Im liking that guy more and more. Hopefully he's legit.

  6. The Following 2 Users High Fived lex For This Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Number 7
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Interesting that the rookie has a few things to teach Marshall.... C'mon Brandon, take a lesson from this kid.

    “I want to play, so you have to put in the work,” Ayers said.

    What a difference attitude can make in a player and his contribution to the team.
    "What do you want your dash to represent?"

  8. The Following User High Fived gobroncsnv For This Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo County, California
    Posts
    359

    Default

    “I want to play, so you have to put in the work,” Ayers said.
    Yes, I really like Ayer's attitude and expect a lot from him this year. But I also think that Marshall has outplayed his rookie contract and deserves to be rewarded by this team so he's long term.
    Last edited by Lonestar; 07-23-2009 at 03:14 AM. Reason: fix quote

  10. The Following User High Fived Grover For This Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, Co
    Posts
    400

    Default Ayers expects to be signed by camp

    Ayers says he expects to be signed before camp
    by Jeff Legwold on July 22, 2009

    Broncos rookie defensive tackle Robert Ayers, the 18th pick of this past April’s draft and one of two first-rounders for the team, said Wednesday he expects to have a signed contract in hand and report to training camp on time.

    The Broncos have signed just one of their 10 selections thus far — offensive linemen Blake Schlueter, a seventh-round pick – and agreed to terms with wide receiver Kenny McKinley and tight end Richard Quinn Wednesday, though their contracts had not yet been turned into the league as of the close of the business day at the NFL’s offices in New York. The team’s rookies and injured players report for training camp Monday with the veterans set to report July 30.

    “I think I’ll be there on time ready to go,’’ Ayers said. “My agent (Tony Agnone) and the Broncos – (General manager) Mr. (Brian) Xanders – have been working on it. You know how it is, but I think it’ll get done. They’ve all been working on it a lot and I think I’ll be in there the first day. I’m living close by and already moved in so I don’t have to come far when I get the word.’’

    And while running back Knowshon Moreno, the team’s other first-round selection, has received plenty of attention thus far in the offseason, it is Ayers who may play the most and the most quickly among the Broncos rookies.

    Ayers, a defensive end at Tennessee, has worked at both defensive end and linebacker in the Broncos’ new 3-4 scheme. Ayers said he has spent virtually all of the offseason in Denver, usually one of the first players on the field for a workout and one of the last to leave, trying to make sure he was ready to contribute in the defense.

    “I want to play, so you have to put in the work,” Ayers said.

    –Jeff Legwold

    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...d-before-camp/

  12. The Following User High Fived titan For This Post:

    GEM

  13. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Royal Gorge
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Band camp ?

  14. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gobroncsnv View Post
    Interesting that the rookie has a few things to teach Marshall.... C'mon Brandon, take a lesson from this kid.

    “I want to play, so you have to put in the work,” Ayers said.

    What a difference attitude can make in a player and his contribution to the team.
    Question Brandon Marshall's maturity all you want..... but saying he doesnt have a solid work ethic is ridiculous.

  15. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Question Brandon Marshall's maturity all you want..... but saying he doesnt have a solid work ethic is ridiculous.
    Not really........2 years ago Shanny had to force him to practice. This past offseason he didn't attend. I think he is very average when it comes to work ethic.

  16. The Following 2 Users High Fived roomemp For This Post:


  17. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, dalton risner
    Posts
    37,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Question Brandon Marshall's maturity all you want..... but saying he doesnt have a solid work ethic is ridiculous.
    plenty of people around here have also suggested that he really isn't very good, so what do you expect? people are butthurt to the max over his little holdout, and they're going to trash the guy every chance they get. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  18. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George
    Posts
    27,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roomemp View Post
    Not really........2 years ago Shanny had to force him to practice. This past offseason he didn't attend. I think he is very average when it comes to work ethic.
    Brandon Marshall spent virtually all of the 2007 training camp riding a stationary bike instead of practicing.

    It took Rod Smith to prod him into actually going out and practicing. .. and guess what? Marshall then said that it was better than he had thought and he was glad that Smith had pushed him out the training room door.

    I think that Brandon probably has an average work ethic, but missing big chunks of training camp and work-outs in two out of four seasons doesn't do too much to prove him a workaholic.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    We have lost NTL forever to the elitist crowd. Big green egg, home brew, hot latina wife, ...

  19. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:


  20. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    23,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Brandon Marshall spent virtually all of the 2007 training camp riding a stationary bike instead of practicing.

    It took Rod Smith to prod him into actually going out and practicing. .. and guess what? Marshall then said that it was better than he had thought and he was glad that Smith had pushed him out the training room door.

    I think that Brandon probably has an average work ethic, but missing big chunks of training camp and work-outs in two out of four seasons doesn't do too much to prove him a workaholic.
    It does when it counts.

    And so far back to back 1k, 100 catch seasons, sure show that. Also practicing late at night in Jays back yard throwing passes and going over routes so he wouldnt be behind from his suspension last year.


    I could care less how much time he is in camp, mandatory or not (which i believe he hasnt missed yet) as long as he works on the field.


    Its a bad comparison, but the example is perfect. TO- he works out in camp when he wants to, but on the field you cannot argue his work ethic at all.
     
    made you look haha



    FA. OG thunley; Colias Campbell, Byron Jones; Melvin Gordon RB
    1. K murray ilb. 2. Viska WR. 2b. Biadass C. 3. Brandon Aiyuk wr. 4. OT.

  21. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    It does when it counts.

    And so far back to back 1k, 100 catch seasons, sure show that. Also practicing late at night in Jays back yard throwing passes and going over routes so he wouldnt be behind from his suspension last year.


    I could care less how much time he is in camp, mandatory or not (which i believe he hasnt missed yet) as long as he works on the field.


    Its a bad comparison, but the example is perfect. TO- he works out in camp when he wants to, but on the field you cannot argue his work ethic at all.
    I disagree to an extent I want the guys to practice very badly, because in all honesty if they put the time in practice in what bad can happen? so little good comes from not practicing and makes the guy B-Marsh in this case, appear to be better than everyone else, it just bothers me when they don't practice

    Quality Guy

  22. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    23,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIEADAMSFAN View Post
    I disagree to an extent I want the guys to practice very badly, because in all honesty if they put the time in practice in what bad can happen? so little good comes from not practicing and makes the guy B-Marsh in this case, appear to be better than everyone else, it just bothers me when they don't practice

    Im with you there. I am of the impression that you play like you practice. For me that holds true. In hockey when i goof around in practice, i usually dont have the best games following.

    Brandon Def needs to be there, and no harm does come from practicing only, good. Except the "I" word, but we arent going to have that this year.



    *KNOCKS ON WOOD LOUDLY SO THE DAM "I" BUG GETS SCARED OFF!!!*
     
    made you look haha



    FA. OG thunley; Colias Campbell, Byron Jones; Melvin Gordon RB
    1. K murray ilb. 2. Viska WR. 2b. Biadass C. 3. Brandon Aiyuk wr. 4. OT.

  23. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group