Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Olympics

NBC guide to televising the opening ceremony Parade of Nations (as observed last night):

Step 1. As nation is announced, show flag bearer for 3 seconds.
    Step 2. Pan out to show the whole team for no longer than 2 seconds.
    Step 3. Find the most attractive female athlete and zoom in on her for 5 seconds.
    Step 4. Repeat with next nation

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Exactly!!!!!LOL..that was the most boring opening ceremony I have ever seen...Even the queen was bored and picking at her fingernails...
    I didnt catch the name of our flag bearer, but she was HOT

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I just read Phelps is struggling. Figured it might be difficult for him to top what he did last time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

I hope Phelps gets his butt kicked. I saw an interview with him and he was asked if he thinks he is the greatest olympian who has ever lived and he gave a smug response"I will answer that after the games" Phelps is NOT the GOAT. He just happens to participate in a sport with a lot of medal events. What about athletes who only have one or two events to compete in? A decathlete competes in 10 events and only gets one medal. Swimmers always get more medals than any other sport. Phelps and others dont seem to get that. Phelps is the best male SWIMMER. Thats all.

6. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    I hope Phelps gets his butt kicked. I saw an interview with him and he was asked if he thinks he is the greatest olympian who has ever lived and he gave a smug response"I will answer that after the games" Phelps is NOT the GOAT. He just happens to participate in a sport with a lot of medal events. What about athletes who only have one or two events to compete in? A decathlete competes in 10 events and only gets one medal. Swimmers always get more medals than any other sport. Phelps and others dont seem to get that. Phelps is the best male SWIMMER. Thats all.
    All good points... but what else do you have to go by?

The only thing I can think of wo uld be tThe number of Olympics they competed in, teamed with the success of those trips? Then who would that leave as the best?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I just read Phelps is struggling. Figured it might be difficult for him to top what he did last time.
    Lochte struggled in his heat too. We'll find out in about 2 1/2 hours...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I just watched the US men's archery team beat the #1 seeded team Korea for a trip to the Gold medal match. You would have thought my son and I were watching a Broncos or Rockies game. It was awesome.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Olympics overseas drives me nuts. I can never tell when NBC's action is live and when it's tape delayed. For instance, I'm almost positive that the swimming in right now on NBC is tape delayed from early, early this morning, and the swimming goes live at 1:30 CDT, but I'm not entirely sure and NBC won't tell you...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Olympics overseas drives me nuts. I can never tell when NBC's action is live and when it's tape delayed. For instance, I'm almost positive that the swimming in right now on NBC is tape delayed from early, early this morning, and the swimming goes live at 1:30 CDT, but I'm not entirely sure and NBC won't tell you...
    I don't worry about it. I just pretend it's all live. But I don't watch a single second of it on the computer. I just watch what I can find on the tube and forget about the rest.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I don't worry about it. I just pretend it's all live. But I don't watch a single second of it on the computer. I just watch what I can find on the tube and forget about the rest.
    The only thing I'm truly concerned about today is the Men's 400 IM, which I think comes up in a half hour (1:30 CDT, live). I'll probably watch the rest of the swimming when it's live, but I already know the results of earlier.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, while NBC was sitting in a studio talking to gymnasts and former gymnastic coaches...the main event today happened...Good job NBC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sweet, seven hours after it happened, I'm going to get to watch the first Lochte-Phelps battle...

Show it live, NBC.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The U.S. Womens Volleyball team is led by Destiny Hooker. Props to her for not growing up a lap dancer with that name.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

19. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I really want to see Dressage...you know, the horses dancing

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

They aren't going to show the basketball game live, are they?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information