Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So. I had been successful in not seeing the score of the game and was waiting until NBC aired it, so there would at least be some redeeming quality to watching a tape-delayed event, until I turned on NBC and Dan Patrick and Bob Costas were talking about the results of the game they haven't shown yet.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't know why you'd wanna watch that train wreck anyway MO. It's ******* embarrassing. If it isn't a total blowout it's because our current crop of BBers are too lazy and stupid to care, and if it is a blowout it's just boring. By continuing this sham dream team crap all we've done is create a no-win situation really. If we don't win it's a ridiculous joke and if we do win it's boring.

Maybe I'm just cynical because I can't stand 98.675% of all NBA players. Go Durant! There's always him to root for I suppose.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I don't know why you'd wanna watch that train wreck anyway MO. It's ******* embarrassing. If it isn't a total blowout it's because our current crop of BBers are too lazy and stupid to care, and if it is a blowout it's just boring. By continuing this sham dream team crap all we've done is create a no-win situation really. If we don't win it's a ridiculous joke and if we do win it's boring.

Maybe I'm just cynical because I can't stand 98.675% of all NBA players. Go Durant! There's always him to root for I suppose.
    It's still our country's team in a sport I enjoy watching. But I hate this tape delay crap. It's not 1980 anymore when there was a real chance of not finding out who won before its aired. Yesterday, I wanted to know when they were going to air the 400 IM, so I logged on to their NBC's website to see when it was on, only to find out exactly what happened, rendering watching it pretty much useless. So I watched the highlight on SportsCenter. I probably won't even watch the game, whenever it airs (which they won't tell you either).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I found a pretty easy to read TV schedule MO. You can see exactly what sports are aired on what channel at what time. http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings/index.html

From what I can tell, that site won't spoil anything for you and you can plan ahead, set your DVR, and enjoy the games at your own pace. What pisses me off is when the Radio just blabs out a result with no warning. Dipshits!
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I found a pretty easy to read TV schedule MO. You can see exactly what sports are aired on what channel at what time. http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings/index.html

From what I can tell, that site won't spoil anything for you and you can plan ahead, set your DVR, and enjoy the games at your own pace. What pisses me off is when the Radio just blabs out a result with no warning. Dipshits!
    There are really only three things I watch the summer games for, the American swimmers, the American basketball team and the track events. I would imagine I'm not alone in that. So it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why those are the sports they tape delay.

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

It was so nice to see some of the women's basketball game, then to flip the channel to another channel to read on the ticker that the USA won.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Watching live sports is overrated.

I vote for tape-delaying the Super Bowl until the following Sunday.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There are really only three things I watch the summer games for, the American swimmers, the American basketball team and the track events. I would imagine I'm not alone in that. So it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why those are the sports they tape delay.
    Well... They get more ad revenue in prime time. That's your answer as to why.

What I can't figure out for the life of me is why the same exact soccer match was being shown on three different channels this afternoon. And it was something like Senegal vs. Chekoslovakia... WTF?

13. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Well... They get more ad revenue in prime time. That's your answer as to why.

What I can't figure out for the life of me is why the same exact soccer match was being shown on three different channels this afternoon. And it was something like Senegal vs. Chekoslovakia... WTF?
    I can't be the only viewer who's not watching because they know the results. It's a poor, poor decision.

The Open and Wimbledon don't suffer ratings because they are played during the morning hours live, with a recap at night. I just can't believe the people at NBC are truly that stupid. They'll get the ratings no matter what, because the people who don't care about the live event will tune in anyway, but they lose the people who do want the live event.

Anyone know when they actually aired the basketball game. I've been watching netflix movies all day, because I already knew the results.

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I can't be the only viewer who's not watching because they know the results. It's a poor, poor decision.

The Open and Wimbledon don't suffer ratings because they are played during the morning hours live, with a recap at night. I just can't believe the people at NBC are truly that stupid. They'll get the ratings no matter what, because the people who don't care about the live event will tune in anyway, but they lose the people who do want the live event.

Anyone know when they actually aired the basketball game. I've been watching netflix movies all day, because I already knew the results.
    If you're talking about the U.S. vs France game they showed that this morning at 10 or 11 am Central time. I watched it at that time. I assumed it was live, but didn't really think twice about it.

Due to the time difference, NBC has to show something that is tape delayed in prime time. There is nothing happening live at that time.

So, their choice is to tape delay popular stuff, which will draw prime time viewers, or tape delay stuff nobody wants to see, which will draw.... not as much.

I don't like it either, but there's really no other logical solution. They do stream all events live online, so ou can see everything live.

17. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    If you're talking about the U.S. vs France game they showed that this morning at 10 or 11 am Central time. I watched it at that time. I assumed it was live, but didn't really think twice about it.

Due to the time difference, NBC has to show something that is tape delayed in prime time. There is nothing happening live at that time.

So, their choice is to tape delay popular stuff, which will draw prime time viewers, or tape delay stuff nobody wants to see, which will draw.... not as much.

I don't like it either, but there's really no other logical solution. They do stream all events live online, so ou can see everything live.
    IF your cable provider is supported. Mine's not.

Trust me. Where I was, the game was not on between 10 and noon. They were showing men's volleyball (Ironically, I think the volleyball was live).

I go to their website (NBC's!) and tune in to NBC, or MSNBC, or CNBC or Bravo when NBC says an event is taking place, and it's not on. It's ridiculous.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Part of the answer is that the programmers figured out about 20 years ago that more women watched the Olympics than men which is why they now have so many "personal interest" profiles and women's sports on prime time, particularly gymnastics. The Olympics on tv are far more chick-driven than they used to be.

I may be mistaken but I think Mary Lou Retton was the first female American Olympian who became a mega-star based on her Olympic performance. She was as big as Michael Phelps after she won the gold in gymnastics in 1984.
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 07-29-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

what is this "radio" you speak of?
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

they air the sports with the greatest interest at prime time! its all about the $$$, duh !
    they expect you to maintain your ignorance until you can see it with your own eyes! LIVE is 5 am denver time, thats DVR time in most other time zones !
    soon it will all be PPV, so enjoy it while you can.
    Ilove womens team vollyball, not the beach crap.
    track and field events
    and checkers.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

They aren't going to show the basketball game live, are they?

I think they will, but it is at some time this morning (like 9:30 am)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information