Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Movies you hate

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    Musicals are not for everyone. I like most of them. Love some.

But that is not for this thread.

I hate ALL of the Barbie movies. Oh god, are they awful. I can't really think of anything "adult" that I've truly hated.

Pretty bad, no doubt, and I own every damned one of them. My daughter can sing every song from Barbie Princess and the Pauper...and she has lots of practice. Lots. And lots. And lots. Since age 4, so 4 years now.

As kid movies go I have an especial hatred for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Punishing. Most any of the newer Disney kid non-animated movie will set my teeth on edge, e.g. Air Bud and such. The older stuff like Treasure Island and Mary Poppins are pretty good but the others? Gack.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post

Pretty bad, no doubt, and I own every damned one of them. My daughter can sing every song from Barbie Princess and the Pauper...and she has lots of practice. Lots. And lots. And lots. Since age 4, so 4 years now.

As kid movies go I have an especial hatred for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Punishing. Most any of the newer Disney kid non-animated movie will set my teeth on edge, e.g. Air Bud and such. The older stuff like Treasure Island and Mary Poppins are pretty good but the others? Gack.

dread, you clearly need to get your kid going on some better viewing material-- consider it a parental responsibility. . . .

one of my close friends has a five-year-old daughter-- i've got her completely hooked on the simpsons. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I've enjoyed movies where music was part of the presentation, such as That Thing You Do, The Five Heartbeats, The Idolmaker, etc.

But when ordinary characters break into orchestra-accompanied song, I've always felt that was a little contrived but not a deal-breaker. My favorite "musical" is probably "Paint Your Wagon" (with such immortal musical talent as Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood!). My father loved it enough to take us to the theatre three times to watch it however the Mormon side of the family found the basic premise (bigamy with two husbands) deeply offensive.
    There's a difference between films about music and musicals...I wouldn't call films like "That Thing You Do!" or "Almost Famous" musicals although they both have a lot of music in them.....it's like you say "when ordinary characters break into orchestra-accompanied song" that's, more often than not, a deal breaker for me big time.

Of course, I left out the absolute worst film of all time, hands down....the infamous "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

Get the H1N1 first.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    dread, you clearly need to get your kid going on some better viewing material-- consider it a parental responsibility. . . .

one of my close friends has a five-year-old daughter-- i've got her completely hooked on the simpsons. . . .
    We watch a lot of Errol Flynn type technicolor swashbuckers, which is pretty cool. I don't actually watch that other shyte. Its just that I can't totally avoid exposure
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

*serenading Dread*

Because you're always free to begin again
    And you're always free to believe
    When you find the place
    That your heart belongs
    You'll never leave

*chokes*

God, I hate them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

8. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information