Thread: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition packs eye-opening bonus, costs $150

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Default Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition packs eye-opening bonus, costs $150

Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition packs eye-opening bonus, costs $150
    by Mike Smith
    July 14 3:44 P.M.

The practice of making extravagant "Collector's Editions" of video games is as old as gaming itself, but it looks like Activision is about to kick it up a notch.

When the anticipated Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is released on November 10, its $150 Prestige Edition will include what's surely the most extravagant bundled bonus ever -- a fully-functioning pair of night-vision goggles.

An Activision community manager made the announcement in a Youtube video, where he unboxes and shows off the goggles, which carry the game's branding. The Prestige Edition also includes a head-shaped display stand for the goggles, an art book, and fancy limited-edition packaging.

Modern Warfare 2's night-vision specs will join a proud tradition of crazy video game pack-ins, including Halo 3's infamous cat helmet, The Sims 3's plumbob-shaped USB drive, and Fallout 3's oversized watch and bobble-head doll, which was featured in the game, too.

It'll retail at $150, and considering that even basic night vision goggles easily run over $100 on their own, it actually sounds like a pretty good deal. All the same, as far as we can determine, it's the most expensive retail video game bundle in history, discounting games that came with their own custom controllers.

So if you're keen to play Modern Warfare 2 (as the follow-up to easily the best game of '07, you should be) and you're keen to spy on your neighbors, you'd better get saving.
    Oh ya, going to be rocking the goggles!
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Dude it cool, but there are going to be a lot freaking nerds doing the same thing.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

How much was the elite package for Halo 3? Anyone remember?

If it was a working model, it would have blown this one out of the water...
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I think the Master Chief helmet package was $90.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Are these goggles integrated to the game itself? Or are they just for casual anytime use when you feel like playing commando...

Seems like if you wanted a pair of night vision goggles you could buy a pair that would surely offer better specs and better materials and craftsmanship...

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    Are these goggles integrated to the game itself? Or are they just for casual anytime use when you feel like playing commando...

Seems like if you wanted a pair of night vision goggles you could buy a pair that would surely offer better specs and better materials and craftsmanship...
    True but you know how expensive those are? My friend has some russian ones that were not to cheap. They are not part of the game just something to throw on and terrorize the neighborhood with.

Googles, face paint, ski cap, air soft rifle, check, good to go.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I think the Master Chief helmet package was $90.
    See, I could have sworn I paid more than that... but I don't promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    True but you know how expensive those are? My friend has some russian ones that were not to cheap. They are not part of the game just something to throw on and terrorize the neighborhood with.

Googles, face paint, ski cap, air soft rifle, check, good to go.
    Well, we don't know about the quality of the goggles. Maybe they'll be $150 goggles. Maybe they'll be crap.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgUgUMD-IiA&feature=fvst

Here's the link!

Looks freakin sweet. I just don't know if im prepared to drop 150 on a game.

I'm with you LT, I could have swore I paid more for the Halo3 limited edition.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

You're right, it cost more. My bad.

The Collectors Edition Halo 3 is the version I have. Included was the tin, game, the bonus content DVD, poster and book for $69.99.

The Legendary Edition included all of that, more bonus content, maps, plus the helmet but you're right, it cost $129.99.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information