Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sheriff Deputy Benetto

Adopted Bronco:
    Andra Davis

Congrats Ben!
    I knew a man a long long time but I never knew him at all. Small in stature, big at heart but he always stood tall. In my mind he could do no wrong misunderstood all along. He worked hard all his live to get what he had. He was a little rough around the edges simple in mind but always had a kind eye for me. I will miss you Dad.

Gem's Yardog.

2. The Following User High Fived yardog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Congrats!

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post

Most likely I will end up doing what they tell me after the academy. Which sucks because I will hate to have to do custody in County jail. After talking to a few deputies they told me it is a laid back 2 years though...

You feed them through the cell bars, do head counts, and watch a monitor for 8 hours a day...They said it's pretty much babysitting inmates. One Deputy told me he earned his Criminal justice degree online on his laptop, as he did his custody duty...

what they don't tell ya is that you get to bust heads like this guy:

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    what they don't tell ya is that you get to bust heads like this guy:

The toughest screw to ever walk a cell block.

8. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

So you won't be able to help me out of some tickets. Dang it, but I understand your selection of the SD over the PD. Good luck to you.

The things the economy has made people do to survive is amazing.
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

10. The Following User High Fived D1g1tal j1m For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Yes it's true...For the past 6 months I have been in the hiring process. On the count of a poor economy and low spending customers, I was forced to sell a portion of my Car Audio and Customizing shop to my Dad and Uncle. They both have enough savings and money to spend, to sit down and wait for the economy to go back to a stable state. I can't keep going into work and seeing the horrible numbers my managers are producing...Every other month I am taking money out of my account to pay the rent, etc...That should be paid with profits...Not savings.

Anyways, about 7 months ago I decided to fill out applications for several Law Enforcement agencies...LAPD, CHP, FBI, US Marshals (CA division), and LASD. I received calls back from the LAPD, CHP, and the LASD. After that I researched which one is right for me, and which provides the best opportunities and benefits. I came up with the conclusion that The Los Angeles Sheriffs Department is a much more distinguished agency, and the benefits are through the roof..Also my abilities and personality fit a Sheriff Deputy a lot better than LAPD or CHP...

So I called them back, and scheduled my written test (civil service), and medical exam. I scored 53 out of 60 on the civil service exam and had a flawless medical exam. 2 months later they scheduled me for the physical abilities test and Oral interview. I scored 98% on the physical abilities test, which included a 2 mile run in under 14 minutes, 100 sit-ups in under 3 minutes, 50 push-ups in under 5 minutes, 220 yard dash in under 1.5 minutes, 440 yard run in under 3 minutes, then a sit and reach exercise where you have to hold it at a certain length for a certain amount of time.

The Oral interview was conducted by a panel of 5 interviewers who dug deep into my past and questioned how I would handle specific situations...They took extensive notes so the story of my past would corroborate with my background investigation, which is the last section of the hiring process.

About 2 months after the Oral interview came the polygraph test and background investigation...They strapped me to a lie detector and asked about 150 questions about my past and why I want to become a Sheriff Deputy. I was told the Poly is conducted to determine if everything i had told them so far in my application, oral interview, etc was all true. A week after the Poly, I met with my Background Investigator...He wanted to see EVERYTHING. Birth certificate, Social Security, Drivers License, medical records, HS Diploma, College Diploma, Immunization record, marriage certificate...Etc...

A month after my Background investigation I was sent a letter confirming I was now a Deputy trainee. Included was a invitation to the Academy in October of 09, which will last a total of 18 weeks....And another 8 weeks of weaponless defense training. After I graduate form the Academy, I will have 3 options.

1- Two years of Custody. basically I am a babysitter for inmates at a local county jail.

2- Three years as a Bailiff at a local courthouse.

3- Two years of Custody transportation. This means I will be given a 12 gauge shotgun, and sit in the front of a bus while inmates are transported from court to jail, and vice versa. Or, with an extra month of Academy training I can drive the bus.

I still haven't decided what I will do. I was also told, it might not be my choice.

Anyways, Thanks for the time to read about my new career move. The Broncos fan base now has a Deputy Sheriff Trainee to arrest and apprehend all the Raider fan losers here in the city of Los Angeles.
    bet you passed the oral exam with flying colors, ben.

SHORYUKEN!

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Did my third ride-along for 8 hours today...The Deputy I was paired up with was a easy going, down to earth guy,,Really enjoyed it this time.

We had a few interesting calls...

One was for a mentally ill 27 year old W/F, who was being sexually harassed by her therapist. Since he had full control over her disability benefits, he was threatening to cut her disability pay, unless she gave him sex...The sad part was there is nothing Law Enforcement can do about it, because all he did was ask for sex, and she said no. Everything after that was "He said, She said"...The Young lady had no proof of his threats. No texts, no Voicemail, etc...We advised her to report this to his supervisor and pick a new government appointed therapist..Specifically a female.

Another call was for a burglary...This one was particularly interesting because we were in the middle of arresting some punkass kid for speeding and weaving in and out of traffic in daddy's BMW...Since driving a car that is not registered to you, and not having your DL (to prove your ID) is a arrestable offense, The Deputy was in the middle of putting him and his GF in the patrol car when a more serious dispatch was announced over the patrol radio....The Deputy turned to me and said "Jump in the car now", as he was un-cuffing the suspects and letting them go...He turned on the sirens and was telling me "This is that ******** lucky day"...It was a burglary call. It seemed like a couple just got done buying a Mac laptop (worth 2K), and were un-knowingly followed out of the Mac store...They stopped by at grandmas house to drop off something and head home. They were in the house for no more than 25 minutes....When they came out to leave, they noticed the back cargo window was smashed open, and ONLY the brand new laptop was taken...We were there questioning them for about 45 minutes....Did you notice anyone following you, anyone in the Mac store who was paying attention to you, etc...but they were clueless. Later we got a copy of the receipt, and serial number in case the Sheriffs dept come across it in the future..Or if the ******** try to return it.

Sad story really...It turned out it was a going back to school gift for their daughter, who earned it by doing a lot of chores during Summertime...

Other than that, it was pretty much just traffic tickets...Mostly speeding and cellphone tickets.
    Last edited by Benetto; 07-21-2009 at 03:47 AM.

14. The Following 7 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

One was for a mentally ill 27 year old W/F, who was being sexually harassed by her therapist. Since he had full control over her disability benefits, he was threatening to cut her disability pay, unless she gave him sex...The sad part was there is nothing Law Enforcement can do about it, because all he did was ask for sex, and she said no. Everything after that was "He said, She said"...The Young lady had no proof of his threats. No texts, no Voicemail, etc...We advised her to report this to his supervisor and pick a new government appointed therapist..Specifically a female.
    So, did the therapist actually admit to asking for sex?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I'm guessing things will get livlier after a Raiders loss, which means most every Sunday in the Autumn. I'm not a legal scholar, but I'm pretty sure just wearing that silver and black stuff constitutes probable cause in itself. You should taser them just to be on the safe side.

Congratulations, BTW!
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    So, did the therapist actually admit to asking for sex?

We just showed up to the victims house and investigated the story...It was concluded that he never broke any laws...It is not illegal to ask someone to have sex with them...but it is illegal to force someone, which he didn't do. She said he threatened to cut her disability benefits which is a form of extortion, but she didn't have any proof IE: text messages, voicemails, etc..

It is most likely against the rules of his company, and if it is reported he might lose his liciense...but nothing against the law to have to question him and such. We advised her to report it ASAP, and find a new therapist.

19. The Following User High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

How good is your Mustache-growing ability?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    How good is your Mustache-growing ability?

Pretty good, but I always hated them...For the last 10 years or so I have had a goatee without the mustache part...I had to shave that 2 weeks ago

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Ben, Im still coming to grips with this whole thing.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Claymore, you should consider a career in Law Enforcement yourself. I think you have what it takes.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post

I know..It's like Skeletor dating She-ra.

I have already informed my friends, not to worry about me knowing all the illegal shit they do. Just don't do it in front of me when I'm donning the badge. When I'm off duty, I'm one of them again.

They feel the same way you do, except they think I will bail them out of tickets...

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information