Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BRONCOS Marshall must report July 27

Quote Originally Posted by #1knowshonfan View Post
    the broncos MUST give him more money and a contract extention. without marshall the broncos offense would almost be depleted. if marshall leaves the offseason by the broncos front office might be considered one of the worst ever by giving up a pro bowl qb and a pro bowl wr. it's important the broncos give him more money so we can have a good offensive year. and with next years draft, the broncos may need to draft a qb and with marshall and royal, that maybe needed qb might have a smooth transition into the nfl let alone the broncos' system

Welcome to the forum.. but it is not going to happen till the FO and PAT know he can be a long term player and not in jail.. or suspended for half of his eligible games

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Again, if you are talking about PAYING a football player, lets get realistic. The NFL isn't a game of goodie-two-shoes. You want the best football players on the field, then you must pay the best football players to stay. Thats reality.
    Uh no. The reality is most great NFL players arent in trouble with the law every other month. Sorry, i just dont buy that teams are winning championships with 22 allstar thugs. Is every player squeeky clean? Nope. But i can guarantee that those same players arent getting into trouble every other month.

But.. I guess since Glenn Martinez hasn't had any problems, then I suppose you would like to do with him at WR instead of studs like Marshall.
    Actually, just give me a player who's a stud that isnt missing games every year due to his lack of discipline off the field. I'll take a Rod Smith (Who learned from his mistake), Jerry Rice, Reggie Wayne, etc over Marshall anyday of the week.

Btw.. there was another great WR that was charged with domestic violence and played for the Broncos... the name was Rod Smith. Heard of him?
    Yep, he had ONE incident. And guess what? He learned his lesson. However, Marshall has still yet to learn his and until he can prove otherwise he doesnt deserve a big contract. This isnt the days of old if you havent been able to tell already. Goodell DOES care about what these players do off the field. So with that in mind you have to take it into consideration. The fact that you yourself still have not grasped that simplest of concept is just baffling to me.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Rod was charged - turned his life around, and did NOT do it again - major difference - if Brandon had done it once, and then followed in Rod's footsteps, as far as off field, we would not be having this discussion about Brandon.

THANK YOU! You would think that was an easy concept to understand.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Rod was charged - turned his life around, and did NOT do it again - major difference - if Brandon had done it once, and then followed in Rod's footsteps, as far as off field, we would not be having this discussion about Brandon.

And, since Rod was brought up in this discussion, as far as being charged with domestic violence, here is EXACTLY how Rod handled it: Really a shame that Brandon did not listen to Rod more.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3711275

NONE OF this is meant to suggest that Smith is perfect. In January 2000, he was arrested on a domestic-abuse charge stemming from an incident involving the mother of his two sons, Jamie Mourglia. For a guy dedicated to turning negatives into positives, this was a serious challenge.

In the aftermath of the arrest, his two sons, Roderick Jr., now 13, and Devin, 11, moved with their mother to Florida. His positive image temporarily suspended, Smith underwent 36 weeks of anger-management counseling and ended up on Oprah, the self-help mountaintop, discussing his new definition of being a man. "I was taught that we as men walk around carrying bags. We keep putting stuff in themking of the household, breadwinner, tough guy-until those bags break. First I learned not to put stuff in those bags, and then I dropped the bags altogether."

Roderick and Devin spend summers, holidays and most home-game weekends with their father. The second story of the new house is theirs. A daughter from a previous relationship, 15-year-old Vanessa, lives with her mother in Missouri. Vanessa has sickle-cell anemia that requires monthly transfusions. He sees her less often. "I learned a lot about my past by facing my present, and I miss my kids every day," Smith says. "Just because you're on the pedestal, with millions of dollars and fame, doesn't mean you don't have issues. It's all about how you deal with them."

Smith's rule is to not run away: After you make a mess, the worst thing you can make is an excuse.

LET me add that each and every time BM has had an incident he has promised to clean up his act and not to repeat it.. and each and every time he has blown it shortly thereafter..

even after having his career threatened with the McDonald's slip it has not stopped him from career destruction behavior.. Not sure what kind of wake up call this moron needs but Any reasonable person would have taken that one to heart..

One wonders how many prayers he said while on his way to a hospital and after surgery did he promise God he would clean up his act, if God would make sure this healed correctly...

the list is long and sad about all of the incidents he has been involved in while in Den and I suspect many many more back in college and before..

When does someone like this get it.. like Thenry when he is in jail for gross stupidity..

8. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    THANK YOU! You would think that was an easy concept to understand.
    And Rod did it without the threat of a 4 game suspension or a year off. When you are given an ultimatum and you still are having issues (I know, I know the charges in Atlanta were dropped) you are a moron.

Since the NFL is a business, Pat Bowlen has to protect his money in a huge investment like the deal BM is likely to get, so they want a little assurance that he "gets" it.

I don't know why Bronco fans would want to jeopardize the health of the franchise over many years just because players of BM caliber don't get drafted very often. It depends on how far your team is away from a SB and how much you pay. Do you think NE would have done the deal for Randy Moss if it would have cost them a 1st and $15M a year? After he proves himself on and off the field sure, but they were smart about it.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    And Rod did it without the threat of a 4 game suspension or a year off. When you are given an ultimatum and you still are having issues (I know, I know the charges in Atlanta were dropped) you are a moron.

Since the NFL is a business, Pat Bowlen has to protect his money in a huge investment like the deal BM is likely to get, so they want a little assurance that he "gets" it.

I don't know why Bronco fans would want to jeopardize the health of the franchise over many years just because players of BM caliber don't get drafted very often. It depends on how far your team is away from a SB and how much you pay. Do you think NE would have done the deal for Randy Moss if it would have cost them a 1st and $15M a year? After he proves himself on and off the field sure, but they were smart about it.

Well, i dont know. If you talk to Ravage he makes it sound like every great player in the NFL has a laundry list of criminal offenses.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by #1knowshonfan View Post
    the broncos MUST give him more money and a contract extention. without marshall the broncos offense would almost be depleted. if marshall leaves the offseason by the broncos front office might be considered one of the worst ever by giving up a pro bowl qb and a pro bowl wr. it's important the broncos give him more money so we can have a good offensive year. and with next years draft, the broncos may need to draft a qb and with marshall and royal, that maybe needed qb might have a smooth transition into the nfl let alone the broncos' system
    And, Marshall MUST report for training camp, perform on the field, keep his nose clean off the field, and he will get a new contract with the Broncos.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

14. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information