Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Open

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default The Open

My favorite championship.

Leader board is pretty mixed, but there's Tiger, so ratings will be up. Brandt Snedeker on top. Surprised to see his name up there.

Tom Watson, playing the weekend at 63 years young.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I'm not a hue fan of linx golf but I hope the weather gets bad. Then it is more fun to watch

Thanks MasterShake!!!

4. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I love Links golf. I've only had the pleasure to play the bastardized American version, and someday hope to play the real thing. There's something somewhat quaint about the Open.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I've played both and I like the North American courses. ( I say NA cause I play mostly in Canada) It is very different granted and maybe it is because that is what I am use to.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I've played both and I like the North American courses. ( I say NA cause I play mostly in Canada) It is very different granted and maybe it is because that is what I am use to.
    I think Americans tend to forget that all British golf isn't played this way, just the Open. They have a number of non-Links style courses in England too.

And something about the history intrigues me too. The fact that St. Andrews has been around for something like seven centuries.

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Tiger has come on strong lately.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    He's driving the ball better. When he gets in trouble is when he shanks stuff into the gallery (which is probably true for every player).

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    He's driving the ball better. When he gets in trouble is when he shanks stuff into the gallery (which is probably true for every player).
    True. I remember after his fiasco marriage fall out. He was 2-3 putting. That was the first part of his game to return and seems to be his strong suite right now too. He is an amazing putter.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I think Americans tend to forget that all British golf isn't played this way, just the Open. They have a number of non-Links style courses in England too.

And something about the history intrigues me too. The fact that St. Andrews has been around for something like seven centuries.
    There are courses in Canada that play more links style too. I play one often that leans that way but also has NA style blended in. I do agree the tradition of the old courses is very appealing

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Takes time to come back from major injuries mixed with total swing changes.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think one of Tiger's major flaws has been his propensity to blame "the swing" and repeatedly trying to reinvent it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

you mean swinging with multiple ladies?

16. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

you mean swinging with multiple ladies?
    When he was banging every groupie in sight he was winning.

Just saying.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

When he was banging every groupie in sight he was winning.

Just saying.
    very true. And afterwards he too much tension to be able to play. He must be getting back into the "swing" of things.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

very true. And afterwards he too much tension to be able to play. He must be getting back into the "swing" of things.
    He played, and swung, with a reckless abandon, and apparently lived that way too.

Now, when he's trying to live clean, it's probably hard to capture that same feeling by having to switch it on and off.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information