Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Open

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on...-before-age-26

Rory McIlroy's dad bet on him to win British Open before age 26
    By Kyle Porter | Golf Writer

Well this certainly makes Sunday at the British Open more intriguing.

According to Andrew Cotter of BBC Rory McIlroy's dad and two of his friends put $683 (I did the math here) on Rory McIlroy to win the British Open by the age of 25 at 500-1 odds.

The catch?

They did it in 2004.

So we're looking at a $342,000 payout on Sunday if McIlroy, who leads by six over Rickie Fowler, cruises home.

That's nothing compared to what McIlroy himself stands to make ($1.2 million) but it's still a gutsy pick.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

That's a pretty cool story. I wonder why $658. Seems like a pretty random number.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    That's a pretty cool story. I wonder why $658. Seems like a pretty random number.
    500 pounds.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    500 pounds.
    You know, they say there are no stupid questions, but I think that one may just have been.

However, looks like it was 400 pounds after I clicked on the link.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    You know, they say there are no stupid questions, but I think that one may just have been.

However, looks like it was 400 pounds after I clicked on the link.
    Oh, ok. I thought it said 500.

Because...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	5017

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Haha.

Sergio shanks one into the stands and it bounces back into the first cut, lol.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

That was a good end to the Open - a bit of drama. Had McIlroy pulled a Sergio from that bunker, it would have provided more drama.

Has Sergio ever won a major?

Also, I thought Rickie's outfit was outstanding.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That was a good end to the Open - a bit of drama. Had McIlroy pulled a Sergio from that bunker, it would have provided more drama.

Has Sergio ever won a major?

Also, I thought Rickie's outfit was outstanding.
    Rickie has grown up a little bit. I thought the black pants were a little classier than the all orange get up.

And no, Sergio hasn't won one. He's the best player without one right now, IMO, followed closely by Rickie. Best finish 4th in the Masters, 3rd in the U.S. Open and 2nd in the British and PGA. He has won a Players Championship.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Rickie has grown up a little bit. I thought the black pants were a little classier than the all orange get up.

And no, Sergio hasn't won one. He's the best player without one right now, IMO, followed closely by Rickie. Best finish 4th in the Masters, 3rd in the U.S. Open and 2nd in the British and PGA. He has won a Players Championship.
    I thought they were blue?

I found myself pulling for Sergio at the end, even though I wanted Rory to win from the get-go.

To be honest, I had never heard of (or paid attention to) Rickie until this Open.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I thought they were blue?

I found myself pulling for Sergio at the end, even though I wanted Rory to win from the get-go.

To be honest, I had never heard of (or paid attention to) Rickie until this Open.
    Top five finishes in all three majors this year. 4th, 2nd and 2nd.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information