Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado Theatre Shooting

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Oh, I'm not mad, just pointing out the irony in your post.
    I'm not sure if it has to do with guns being more readily available, or what, but this shit didn't happen when I was younger. I'm sure it is a combination of things - and my comment (while I kind of believe it) was largely tongue-in-cheek.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Hey guys....Im sickened. I dont have much to say, but everyone I know or have talked to is okay...Just shocked. Matty is posting away on Facebook so I know he's okay in case anyone is wondering..J, Joey, Timmy, Mastershake...Glad to see you guys are posting.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default 12 killed, 50 wounded at Aurora movie theater

This is absolutely terrible

AURORA — About 50 people were shot — 12 fatally — early Friday when a gunman opened fire at an Aurora movie theater during a premiere showing of the new Batman movie.

A 24-year-old man in is custody and an apartment building in north Aurora connected to the suspect was being evacuated and was booby-trapped, according to Police Chief Dan Oates.

Several federal sources identified the suspect as James Holmes, NBC reported.

Ten people died at the scene and two others died at hospitals. Many of the injured were critically injured.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...-movie-theater

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm not sure if it has to do with guns being more readily available, or what, but this shit didn't happen when I was younger. I'm sure it is a combination of things - and my comment (while I kind of believe it) was largely tongue-in-cheek.
    Exactly. That's why I put the blame on the society we have "evolved" into. Yeah, you can tell me I'm finding a scapegoat and not blaming the criminal, but that's not the case. No one pulled the trigger for him and he deserves any punishment he gets. But how often did this shit happen in the 70's? 60's?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Aurora Suspect James Holmes' Mother: 'You Have the Right Person'

A California woman who identified herself as the mother of James Holmes, the 24-year-old man federal authorities said is the suspect in a mass shooting in an Aurora, Colorado movie theater, told ABC News her son was likely the alleged culprit, saying, "You have the right person."

The woman, contacted at her home in San Diego, spoke briefly with ABC News and immediately expressed concern her son may be involved in the shooting death of at least 12 people overnight.

"You have the right person," she said, apparently speaking on gut instinct. "I need to call the police... I need to fly out to Colorado."
    rest - http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/aurora...9#.UAmA61Jtgs4

If she immediately stated "you have the right person", he had to have said something to her in the past to indicate that he was going to do something.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Exactly. That's why I put the blame on the society we have "evolved" into. Yeah, you can tell me I'm finding a scapegoat and not blaming the criminal, but that's not the case. No one pulled the trigger for him and he deserves any punishment he gets. But how often did this shit happen in the 70's? 60's?
    ...you kidding or serious?

The 60s had assassinations in Kennedy, MLK, and a mass shooting at University of Texas that were so bad, they managed to pass an unconstitutional Gun Control Act.

The difference between today and yesterday? We look back at yesterday fondly and the media is simply more in your face these days.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

i had to get ahold of some of my family to make sure nobody was there last night, my step sister, step brother, aunt, uncle and cousins live in Aurora and go there frequently. My step sister said her friends were at the movie but has not heard from them.

11. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

This is sad. My prayers and thoughts out to everyone. Makes my troubles seem small and meaningless compared.
    Merry.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    ...you kidding or serious?

The 60s had assassinations in Kennedy, MLK, and a mass shooting at University of Texas that were so bad, they managed to pass an unconstitutional Gun Control Act.

The difference between today and yesterday? We look back at yesterday fondly and the media is simply more in your face these days.
    Fair enough, but Whitman had a brain tumor and political assasinations are not exactly mass murders. My point is today we have kids and young adults starving for attention and feel the best way to get it or get revenge on how horribly they feel their mommies and daddies treated them, is by randomly opening fire on a bunch of innovent people.

I'm not saying shit didnt happen in the past...but it wasnt shit like this

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Fair enough, but Whitman had a brain tumor and political assasinations are not exactly mass murders. My point is today we have kids and young adults starving for attention and feel the best way to get it or get revenge on how horribly they feel their mommies and daddies treated them, is by randomly opening fire on a bunch of innovent people.

I'm not saying shit didnt happen in the past...but it wasnt shit like this
    ...Kent State shooting, Manson, Bundy, Son of Sam, John Wayne Gacy, etc

Should I go on?

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    ...Kent State shooting, Manson, Bundy, Son of Sam, John Wayne Gacy, etc

Should I go on?
    None of those are comparable to Anders Breitvik, Columbine, or this new cornhole, Rev. Different types of awfulness, apart from Kent State which was just piss poor riot control, not mass murder
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Aurora theater shooting: Aspiring sportscaster among victims

An aspiring sportscaster who last month escaped a deadly shooting at a Toronto shopping mall was among the victims in Friday's Aurora theater shooting.

Jessica Ghawi, who was known professionally as Jessica Redfield, was killed in the shooting, according to online reports by her friends. On the Mile High Hockey blog, Cheryl Bradley said Ghawi had recently received press credentials for the Colorado Avalanche.

"She was smart, friendly, and amazing," Bradley wrote. "A red head through and through, she was a ball of energy and fire, with a quick wit and an infectious personality."
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...-among-victims

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Still haven't heard from a friend who needs to get OFF HIS ASS and respond so I know that wasn't his midnight showing. Otherwise, glad everyone here seems all right.

WAKE UP, DUMB****...

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    None of those are comparable to Anders Breitvik, Columbine, or this new cornhole, Rev. Different types of awfulness, apart from Kent State which was just piss poor riot control, not mass murder
    Different types of awfulness?

Premeditated mass murder of innocents by psychopaths compared to premeditated mass murder of innocents by psychopaths

Failing to see the distinction...

Adopted Bronco:

Default To my friend Jessica:

This is going to have to be quick. I literally am sick to my stomach as I write this, trembling a little at the keyboard and in total shock.
    Among the victims of the tragic shooting early this morning at an Aurora theater was a friend of mine – Jessica Redfield. Just yesterday, just freakin’ yesterday, I was swapping Twitter direct messages with her about possible internships she was looking at, asking my advice about them, asking if the Denver Post had one I could maybe help her out with
    rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...jessica/11158/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

22. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information