Thread: Anybody else have this problem?

Default Anybody else have this problem?

The Madden games for the 360 have this problem...

When I play the game it develops a small "nudge" on the inside and as I play it, this "nudge" always widens (I am guessing as the game gets hot from playing, it expands). This happens with me to almost every EA Madden game I buy on the 360. It happened to me with Madden 06 and now Madden 08. Though (oddly enough) Madden 07 did not do it. Anybody else have a similar problem (I know it isn't my 360 as none of my other games do this. It is only prevelent in Madden games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Rocks View Post
    The Madden games for the 360 have this problem...

When I play the game it develops a small "nudge" on the inside and as I play it, this "nudge" always widens (I am guessing as the game gets hot from playing, it expands). This happens with me to almost every EA Madden game I buy on the 360. It happened to me with Madden 06 and now Madden 08. Though (oddly enough) Madden 07 did not do it. Anybody else have a similar problem (I know it isn't my 360 as none of my other games do this. It is only prevelent in Madden games.
    What do you mean by "nudge"? Is it kind of like how if you let go of your steering wheel in your car the car slowly drifts over to the side of the road?

i got 08 and i dont get 'nudges'....

it does freeze sometimes though...

________
    Volcano Vaporizer
    Last edited by anton...; 08-31-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    What do you mean by "nudge"? Is it kind of like how if you let go of your steering wheel in your car the car slowly drifts over to the side of the road?
    By "nudge" I mean like a small indentation on the disk. Extremely small and barely noticable. Works fine and everything. Looks like a small streak on the disk - but hardly noticable. Then as I play it the disk obviously heats up while in the 360 and this indentation seems to grow. The indentation now has spread from something barely noticable to a relatively noticable scratch on the disk. On my Madden 06' this indentation got so bad that it chipped the disk all the way to the hole in the middle (from the small line found on the inside on the disk).

dont know man, the only thing i am aware of which i am sure you are too, is if you move the box or hit itwhile a game is going it will scratch it.

But i only have '07 so i guess i would be the "control group" here.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Rocks View Post
    By "nudge" I mean like a small indentation on the disk. Extremely small and barely noticable. Works fine and everything. Looks like a small streak on the disk - but hardly noticable. Then as I play it the disk obviously heats up while in the 360 and this indentation seems to grow. The indentation now has spread from something barely noticable to a relatively noticable scratch on the disk. On my Madden 06' this indentation got so bad that it chipped the disk all the way to the hole in the middle (from the small line found on the inside on the disk).
    That is very weird...is the 360 one where you lift up the lid to put in the game, or is like the ps3 where you put the disk in a slot and the system sucks it in (like the cd player in your car)?

If it is has a lid, I would dust it out using one of those pressurized air cans...or if you think it is the heat causing it? Locate a fan in the back, is it running when the system is on? Make sure the system is out in the open, and not in an entertainment system or something enclosed like that.

People here seem to say that the xbox360 will scratch the disk if the system is layed horizontal (vs. vertacle). http://www.joystiq.com/2005/11/27/ve...lnk&cd=4&gl=us
    But then other articles say to leave it horrizontal.

Good Luck!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information