Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What information, services, features, etc. can BroncosForums add for our members?

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    Oh, I thought of something! How about a timer ticker thing to the start of football season? You had one for the draft.
    It was suggested to put one up leading up to training camp, which I figured I would do pretty soon, just didn't want it to be up for two long. Now that we are about a month away (not sure exactly when it starts), I figured I would put it back up soon.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    I see that. I never bother to look in there since it says there have NEVER been any posts in that subforum and there are 0 threads and 0 posts. I just think it looks kinda trashy and Town Hall seems to be where most announcements are made. Or the new way where Tned forces a giant message to you that you have to click the red x to get rid of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Those giant messages are kinda cool now that I know it isn't an indication that I've gotten myself in trouble.
    Every time those come up, I get the adrenaline rush to my throat, wondering if I finally pushed Tned over the edge and I got busted for something.
    This space available for lease.

4. The Following User High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    Every time those come up, I get the adrenaline rush
    You need to get out more.

As far as features go the only thing I'd like to see is something I've requested in the past-- a work-friendly version of the lounge. I know part of the reasoning for not having one is that you don't want people to "forget" they are in the lounge... But isn't that why we have moderators? If people aren't following rules, I don't think the color of the background is going to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    As far as features go the only thing I'd like to see is something I've requested in the past-- a work-friendly version of the lounge. I know part of the reasoning for not having one is that you don't want people to "forget" they are in the lounge... But isn't that why we have moderators? If people aren't following rules, I don't think the color of the background is going to change anything.
    I'm about to head out of town (on Tuesday), but over the weekend, I'll put up a thread just about that, and whether the red color makes people more aware so they don't pull a "ooops, I thought I was in the lounge". If the consensus is the color doesn't help, I can remove the special formatting for the lounge and it will then default to the blue or white, depending on what style you have chosen.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

I think I'd like to have the colors changed to stark white with black lettering like we had on the old mania..

9. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

is there any way you can stop people from being such tremendous homers?

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

11. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    is there any way you can stop people from being such tremendous homers?

you may be near the top of that list

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

I like the red color in the lounge and have used it when about to post something... I check to see if I'm ok to do so...

Is it that the red is too eye catching for at work? Is that the complaint?

If it is... would another color be ok? So if you're paying attention, you can still tell...
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

You need to get out more.

I used to get my kicks on Route 66, but then I moved to Seattle.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    I like the red color in the lounge and have used it when about to post something... I check to see if I'm ok to do so...

Is it that the red is too eye catching for at work? Is that the complaint?

If it is... would another color be ok? So if you're paying attention, you can still tell...
    Are you familiar with the "work-friendly" version of the site that you select in the lower left-hand corner drop down box?

I don't want to change the colors of the lounge, I just want to have the same work-friendly version that is available for the rest of the site to also be available for the lounge.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Are you familiar with the "work-friendly" version of the site that you select in the lower left-hand corner drop down box?

I don't want to change the colors of the lounge, I just want to have the same work-friendly version that is available for the rest of the site to also be available for the lounge.
    OH! Ok.

I understand now. I didn't realize that feature didn't apply in the lounge.

That makes more sense.

Sounds good to me.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    OH! Ok.

I understand now. I didn't realize that feature didn't apply in the lounge.

That makes more sense.

Sounds good to me.
    Unfortunately, you can only have 'one' overide style for a forum, like the lounge. I can't make it conditional, so there is a subtle, but different one if worker friendly is chosen, and bright red if the normal is chosen.

So, the two options are:

1. Disable the forum specific override (currently the red look -- in honor of Amsterdam's red light district), and then the lounge would either be blue or white, depending on if the default or worker friendly theme is picked.
    2. Choose a color scheme/style that more closely resembles the worker friendly theme, but possibly with slightly different colors. However, this means that those people that are using the standard blue style, would revert to something closer to the white theme when going into the lounge.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information