Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    CoD is a FPS multiplayer isnt it? Im not too big on FPS online...Have you even played Warhawk? I have a 360 elite with 20+ popular titles, and base my opinion on my personal experience..Everyone has their own taste in video games. IE: I hate computer games because of the controllers and having to spend hundreds on video cards, processors, memory, etc...and lack of great exclusives. Consoles have this all with out having to buy specific components to get what I want. Also, last time I checked...Computer games dont come in 1080p.

bottom line, my point is...my opinions are driven by preference, not by fanboy homerism most 15 year olds who mow moms lawn for videogame console money have.

BTW my comments on Warhawk are pure opinion...how is that a "complete lie"?
    And this was all posted from my PS3 browser, can't do this on my elite.
    You are entitled to your opinion accept for the bolded part.

1080p just means that you have a 1920x1080 resolution on your screen. This makes it easy for consoles to produce since consoles really don't have to do anything but provide the 3 basic resolutions: 1080p, 780p, and the crt 800x600

Computer games are capable of resolutions of 1920x1440 and higher. It really depends on the monitor you own and your video card. Now thanks to Moores Law, you don't need to upgrade video cards and processors that much these days to stay cutting edge. Yes the initial set up is costly, but when you really look at it, if you want to do some hard core gaming, your bottom end pc will probably run you between $600 and $700 (not including monitors, and you can do multiple monitors to get the resolution you want. So total probably between $1300-$1600 for the complete system monitors and all (if you are doing multiple monitors.

So lets compare:

Xbox Elite or PS3 is about $400 these days. Add on your 1080p plasma tv and you are tacking on $1000-$2000. That is really comperable to your set up for a console game. Both the XBox360 controler and the PS3 dual shock will work on your pc (wired with an adaptor for ps3), so you can have a controller if you want it. The exclusive games that you aren't getting on the PC isn't really all that much. I mean, Gears of War, Halo, and that Sock Puppet platformer on the ps3? Really? And the fact that video cards do have HDMI compatablility, you can hook up your $600-$700 rig to your plasma screen and have the same quality picture.

Consoles are easier, I get that. That's cool. That is why Consoles are doing so well. But don't tell me that they are superior to PCs. Both the PS3 and XBox 360 are basically PCs that you cannot upgrade the hardware in, and give you a watered down multiplyer experience when it comes down to FPS multiplayer. Admit it, TF2 or CoD would be really fun to play in a 32 vs 32 player campaign.

Again, I'm not saying that PCs are superior, its all about preference. Hell, I want an XBox for FF XII or whatever the new one is as well as some of the other interesting games that are coming out for it, but there is no XBox mod for Left 4 Dead that lets you take out Telle Tubbies.

The XBox nor the PS3 is technically superior to the PC. Not in TIPS (Trillions of instructions per second), not in PPS (Polygons per Second), not in gaming.

I leave you with this:

I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Good post Thnik. It really does boil down to personal preference. I stopped being what I'd call a "hardcore" gamer about 3 years ago. I used to play Half Life Mods on my PC and make Everquest bots to loot gold. Nowadays, I just want a quick, fun experience so I'll often opt for my console over my PC. I don't dig too many multiplayer games, and the PC guys just take it way too seriously. One is not better than the other, it just comes down to your mood and play style.

Back on topic, I finally got complete map coverage (112% I believe) on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on XBLA. I did it years ago on PS1, but I wanted to do it again without a guide. Took a lot of axe throws and a lot of backtracking, but I did it!

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post

1080p just means that you have a 1920x1080 resolution on your screen. This makes it easy for consoles to produce since consoles really don't have to do anything but provide the 3 basic resolutions: 1080p, 780p, and the crt 800x600

Computer games are capable of resolutions of 1920x1440 and higher. It really depends on the monitor you own and your video card. Now thanks to Moores Law, you don't need to upgrade video cards and processors that much these days to stay cutting edge. Yes the initial set up is costly, but when you really look at it, if you want to do some hard core gaming, your bottom end pc will probably run you between $600 and $700 (not including monitors, and you can do multiple monitors to get the resolution you want. So total probably between $1300-$1600 for the complete system monitors and all (if you are doing multiple monitors.

So lets compare:

Xbox Elite or PS3 is about $400 these days. Add on your 1080p plasma tv and you are tacking on $1000-$2000. That is really comperable to your set up for a console game. Both the XBox360 controler and the PS3 dual shock will work on your pc (wired with an adaptor for ps3), so you can have a controller if you want it. The exclusive games that you aren't getting on the PC isn't really all that much. I mean, Gears of War, Halo, and that Sock Puppet platformer on the ps3? Really? And the fact that video cards do have HDMI compatablility, you can hook up your $600-$700 rig to your plasma screen and have the same quality picture.

Consoles are easier, I get that. That's cool. That is why Consoles are doing so well. But don't tell me that they are superior to PCs. Both the PS3 and XBox 360 are basically PCs that you cannot upgrade the hardware in, and give you a watered down multiplyer experience when it comes down to FPS multiplayer. Admit it, TF2 or CoD would be really fun to play in a 32 vs 32 player campaign.

Again, I'm not saying that PCs are superior, its all about preference. Hell, I want an XBox for FF XII or whatever the new one is as well as some of the other interesting games that are coming out for it, but there is no XBox mod for Left 4 Dead that lets you take out Telle Tubbies.

The XBox nor the PS3 is technically superior to the PC. Not in TIPS (Trillions of instructions per second), not in PPS (Polygons per Second), not in gaming.

I leave you with this:

I never said consoles are more superior to PC games...I just said I don't prefer them. As for the second bolded section. No I do not prefer 32 on 32, That would be absolute chaos. Warhawk is already 16 vs 16 with huge levels, and that is already too chaotic. But to everyone their own.

Thanks for the info though. I love to learn new things and further educate myself on topics I am highly interested in.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    What does Capt. PC Gamer Nikka :sarcasm: call the best multi player game? Curious.
    My favorite Multi Player game was actually the tag mode for THPS 3 on the PC. I spent lots of time playing that back in the beginning of this Decade. I also love Tekken as a multi player game. But I don't think there is a de-facto best multi player game.

My current favorite is still TF2 for the PC. And Shazam, I would love to see your review for the multi-player co-op for Serious Sam HD. This is a game that me and my friends have been playing for years. It just got a graphics upgrade, and is available on XBLA.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

7. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Valve is really kicking ass in the multiplayer facets these days... TF2 and Left4Dead are some of the best multi-games I've ever played.

I think as far as PC/Consoles go, PCs take the cake. Most of the genres PC simply does better; the only one it loses out on clear-cut is sports (one of the reasons I own a console). Everything else is done pretty much bigger and better by PCs or it's a split; if you want to play RTS's there is really only one way to go.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

9. The Following User High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post

So lets compare:

I leave you with this:

You are a stallion amongst nerds.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information