Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MARSHALL: "I hate Denver! I hope I get traded!"

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Default MARSHALL: "I hate Denver! I hope I get traded!"

Check it out: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...05/detail.html

"I hate this ******* city!" he said. I guess he didn't like it that he was stopped
    for a DUI. Maybe he is unaware that other cities have police forces, too.

Up until now, I have been all for keeping Marshall and making him come back to
    the team. But now I'm beginning to hope they just jettison him for what they
    can get.

He loves those kids. Right. So that is why he is setting the example he is? He is
    so full of himself that he is completely unaware that he is ruining his own career.
    It is my personal opinion that, at this rate, he will follow Vick and Pac Man on
    out of football . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

2. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Two years later? Isn't this a non-story by now?

By gones and all that good stuff.
    Gimme some footyball, please!

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived NorthernLights For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post

If he wasn't singing the same tune now, I'm sure everyone would be fine brushing it under the rug.

Go eff yourself Marshall, ya headcase. We don't want drunk driving women beating ******** in Denver, just as much as your sorry ass doesn't want to be here. Telling the cops to go find Darrent's killers...wasn't it it your punk ass big mouth that started the beef that night?

6. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

You dont think the Darrent murder and all the other stuff created a little emotional explosion?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived haroldthebarrel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by haroldthebarrel View Post
    You dont think the Darrent murder and all the other stuff created a little emotional explosion?
    Yes. Certainly getting arrested is cause for saying a few choice things that you wouldn't want repeated or remembered. .. just ask Mel Gibson.

I won't really hold this against Marshall, but I do like the fact that this story doesn't do him any favors for holding out for a new, bigger contract.

10. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post

I know. Maybe this offseason has gotten to me a little.

But I do, I really do, look forward to the day we hear and read about all Bmarsh's
    receptions without all this news about his off-field shenanigans. Cutler had it
    right about him: It's just one thing after another . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Yes. Certainly getting arrested is cause for saying a few choice things that you wouldn't want repeated or remembered. .. just ask Mel Gibson.

I won't really hold this against Marshall, but I do like the fact that this story doesn't do him any favors for holding out for a new, bigger contract.
    I dunno.....it must be a celebrity or celebrity ego thing, because I know when I get pulled over, I am respectful of the officer doing so. I don't scream and berate them. I also don't drive drunk, so who knows.

13. The Following 11 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Well as long as the FO manages to keep him I couldnt give a damn.

With his troubled past, there should not be so hard to put a lot of clauses in his contract.
    I think he just wants the money, and that isnt all that uncommon to any team really.

15. The Following User High Fived haroldthebarrel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I dunno.....it must be a celebrity or celebrity ego thing, because I know when I get pulled over, I am respectful of the officer doing so. I don't scream and berate them. I also don't drive drunk, so who knows.
    how often do you get pulled over?

Personally I believe the United States have horrible norms on drunken driving.
    I had to ride with people several times and they all had been drinking.
    People should generally at least once get really drunk, play a computer racing game, and see how they suck.
    Man, I hate drunken driving.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived haroldthebarrel For This Post:

But GEM, you have other.....qualities.....that have a way of keeping you on the good side of occifers......

19. The Following User High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by haroldthebarrel View Post
    how often do you get pulled over?

Personally I believe the United States have horrible norms on drunken driving.
    I had to ride with people several times and they all had been drinking.
    People should generally at least once get really drunk, play a computer racing game, and see how they suck.
    Man, I hate drunken driving.
    I've been pulled over once in the last 10 years. I've had my run ins with authorities prior to that and still can't see why you would berate a police officer for pulling you over for being an idiot. If you weren't doing something wrong, the officer would have had no reason to pull you over.

I don't make a habit of drinking and getting behind a wheel, it's pretty easy as I don't drink but maybe once a year. I don't render myself God by putting myself and everyone around me at risk. That's very selfish and if you can afford to drink with the cost of alcohol these days, you damn sure can afford a cab. :shrugs:

I dunno...I just don't have any patience for drunk driving, for beating women and the bottom line is...no matter how much talent you have, if you don't want to be here and you want to talk about the city that absolutely adored you like that...be gone. Denver was a championship city with rich history well before you were here, we were mediocre while you were here and we'll be fine after you're gone. You don't make the Denver Broncos.

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

I've been pulled over once in the last 10 years. I've had my run ins with authorities prior to that and still can't see why you would berate a police officer for pulling you over for being an idiot. If you weren't doing something wrong, the officer would have had no reason to pull you over.

I don't make a habit of drinking and getting behind a wheel, it's pretty easy as I don't drink but maybe once a year. I don't render myself God by putting myself and everyone around me at risk. That's very selfish and if you can afford to drink with the cost of alcohol these days, you damn sure can afford a cab. :shrugs:

I dunno...I just don't have any patience for drunk driving, for beating women and the bottom line is...no matter how much talent you have, if you don't want to be here and you want to talk about the city that absolutely adored you like that...be gone. Denver was a championship city with rich history well before you were here, we were mediocre while you were here and we'll be fine after you're gone. You don't make the Denver Broncos.
    good post.

AS far as your final paragraph. I see your point, but I also want the team to win. And to win you need talent, which is why I may give some a little more slack than others.
    I doubt he really meant he hated it here. When people have done something wrong, what they can come up with saying are not really reliable.
    But I also think this man is much about money. So the moneygiver decides "wherever he may roam". (pun intended)

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived haroldthebarrel For This Post:

This is McDaniels' fault!

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tempus Fugit For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I have said that I hate my city plenty of times.....I am sure everyon has.

27. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Can you imagine. I just have to sit and laugh at just the thought of this.

Side of the highway...blue and red in your rear view, so you pull over. Cop comes up and asks how much have you had to drink?

From that point I just see Marshall acting like a 5 yr old kid. Kicking and screaming I hate it here, I hate Denver.

Officer asks him to settle down.

I'm sorry Mr. Police Officer, could you please just let me go? You do know who I am right? I mean I only blew a .13 that's not so bad is it?

No I can't let you go.

More kicking and screaming.

Don't you have more important things to do? Like arrest someone for DWill's murder.

We've already done that sir. What does that have to do with you driving drunk right now?

I hate Denver. I just want to be traded. Maybe if I go to Oakland, Mr. Davis will look the other way while I hit my girl and drink and drive.

Mr. Marshall, with all due respect, shut up, you sound like a whiny little biatch.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information