Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I hate Ants

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

...I got the Organic bug spray...
    Now see, there is your problem. Organic bug spray indeed - try something inorganic and much more poisonous, like DDT or some kind of nerve agent derivative. I also once wiped out a good sized nest of Carpenter Ants in a dead tree outside the house with EZ-Off. Oven cleaner kills them quite dead and wrecks the nest. Spraying it around inside the house isn't such a hot idea I'll admit.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Now see, there is your problem. Organic bug spray indeed - try something inorganic and much more poisonous, like DDT or some kind of nerve agent derivative. I also once wiped out a good sized nest of Carpenter Ants in a dead tree outside the house with EZ-Off. Oven cleaner kills them quite dead and wrecks the nest. Spraying it around inside the house isn't such a hot idea I'll admit.
    Yeah...The Organic stuff only repells them for days...The hardcore stuff kills em and keeps em away for months...but we do have a 7 month old baby girl, and a dog...

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Yeah...The Organic stuff only repells them for days...The hardcore stuff kills em and keeps em away for months...but we do have a 7 month old baby girl, and a dog...
    A-ha. Gotcha. Been there. During the first two years of our kid's life Mrs. D. had us paying double for totally worthless organic detergent, dish soap, floor cleaner etc. because of the kid.

There is no use arguing either, because you will lose.

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

I was and still am a big fan of Adam and the Ants.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Quote Originally Posted by haroldthebarrel View Post
    I was and still am a big fan of Adam and the Ants.
    they were kinda cute in the movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Back when I was a teen and still using spray deodorant, I found the deo was a great way to kill all sorts of insects. Here's how it works: the deo spray is sticky to clog up your sweat glands. The bugs need to breathe just like anything else so when you spray them with the deo, it sufficates them because they can't breathe with that junk on them. Better used for individual assassinations, not group killings, but highly effective in rescuing damsels in distress who will enjoy the scent of the deo more than bug spray.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

I like ants. not in my house obviously, thats not cool. But they are funny little guys.

They like to walk along the middle beam of the fence to wherever they are going. Always in the strait lines and never stopping. My 2 year old and i have fun putting grass in their way or making little hills that they have to climb up and down to keep going.

Dogfishs idea is best, besides ant eaters are so freaking ugly they are sexy! Who wouldnt want one of those beasts cruising around the house eaten ants. Hanging out, sniffing the the door, and then off on some more ant hunts.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

supposedly ants are extremely high on protein so there is your next suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Every freakin Summer they come by the hundreds...Sometimes thousands..

Leave anything edible out, and the little mother lovers come a swarming in...

My idiot friend came over last night for dinner and a movie...He brought some candy and sodas for the movie...I told him to make sure nothing sweet is left around for the ants, and the guy leaves a half full can of soda on the kitchen counter.

First, I woke up to my lady yelling at me from upstairs "Stupid ass Darren left a can of soda out, and we have a million ants"...Then I had to get up and wipe them up with kitchen wipes...There gos a half a container of wipes...

Second, I go to brush my teeth and drop a bomb in the toilet only to realize Darren left a lollipop stick in the trash and the little ******s are all in there too. I got soo mad at that point. I got the Organic bug spray, and started an insect genocide...

Now I gotta call the Exterminator, to spray all of outside..cause it seems like they not going to stop coming if ANYTHING is left out...

Man, I hate some aspects of Summer in L.A. Now it feels like there is a damn insect crawling all over me all the time.
    I had that problem in previous homes. I called summer "ant season." I'm glad that where I live now, we don't have the ant problem.
    This space available for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by anton... View Post
    hating ants is like hating air...

they make the world go round and round with natural decomposing and recycling...

they may be annoying, but they are needed in this world...
    They can exist - just not where I can see them. An ant or two on the sidewalk, not a big deal. Hundreds or thousands at once, no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Windex is also good in a pinch.

I remember reading a book by Lydia Lunch.
    She said getting a pet gecco gets rid of all the vermin for those that finds those kind of pets interesting.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by haroldthebarrel View Post
    supposedly ants are extremely high on protein so there is your next suggestion.
    Have you ever had chocolate-covered ants? It's a french delicacy. Tastes like Nestle's Crunch but the chocolate isn't sweet so I didn't enjoy the experience much. I don't think the ants were dead when melted chocolate was poured over them. They looked like they spent their last moments trying to escape.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Have you ever had chocolate-covered ants? It's a french delicacy. Tastes like Nestle's Crunch but the chocolate isn't sweet so I didn't enjoy the experience much. I don't think the ants were dead when melted chocolate was poured over them. They looked like they spent their last moments trying to escape.
    Well the French are the French. Nobody understands them.
    I am a bit francophobic but I must admit they usually know their food. Though chocolate-covered ants sounds gross.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Never had chocolate ants - I did have chocolate covered bumblebees though. I didn't know it's what they were. My sister gave them to me, and I thought they were some kind of gold foil wrapped Hershey's kiss type thing, with a crunchy center. That's about all there was to them - no especial taste one way or 'tother. The idea of eating the bumblebees was a bit off-putting, though, and the chocolate wasn't that good either..

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information