Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC football

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That's not Texas' day. That was Texas A&M vs. Texas day.

If Texas would agree to play A&M again, then maybe it could happen again, but Texas doesn't have some special Thanksgiving tradition without A&M.
    Texas kept playing on Thanksgiving after A&M left the conference. The Aggies didn't.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Texas kept playing on Thanksgiving after A&M left the conference. The Aggies didn't.
    A whole, whopping two games.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

A whole, whopping two games.
    Two games more than the other school and that could be true for a long, long time just like the final score of the last time the two schools played each other. Could be a long time before those facts change.

Adopted Bronco:

It's actually fun to see how much A&M has progressed in the last 2 years while Texas has regressed. Better conference, better records, better players, better recruiting...you name it. Yet TU and thie fanbase retains it's arrogance and sense of entitlement.

Texas plays TCU on Thanksgiving...A&M plays LSU. Which one do you think people are going to watch??? 2 years ago, A&M wanted to continue the Thanksgiving tradition with Texas in order to retain some recruiting power within the state, but Texas passed on the idea. My how things have changed.

The best way to put the state of things right now is in quotes from the coaches (which pretty much reflect how the fans feel as well)...

Charlie Strong to ESPN.com..."The rivalry needs to happen...we need to play them."

Kevin Sumlin..."I guess eventually it will happen some day"

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

@PaulPabst: College football teams should never have more uniform options than conference victories the previous season.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It was pointed out that Kansas would have to play naked...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It's actually fun to see how much A&M has progressed in the last 2 years while Texas has regressed. Better conference, better records, better players, better recruiting...you name it. Yet TU and thie fanbase retains it's arrogance and sense of entitlement.

Texas plays TCU on Thanksgiving...A&M plays LSU. Which one do you think people are going to watch??? 2 years ago, A&M wanted to continue the Thanksgiving tradition with Texas in order to retain some recruiting power within the state, but Texas passed on the idea. My how things have changed.

The best way to put the state of things right now is in quotes from the coaches (which pretty much reflect how the fans feel as well)...

Charlie Strong to ESPN.com..."The rivalry needs to happen...we need to play them."

Kevin Sumlin..."I guess eventually it will happen some day"
    Sumlin is Luke warm to the idea likely because of the pushback he's received from Texas since taking over.

The level of arrogance in Austin rivals that in South Bend.

Adopted Bronco:

Sumlin is Luke warm to the idea likely because of the pushback he's received from Texas since taking over.

The level of arrogance in Austin rivals that in South Bend.
    I think if our recruiting hadn't been so good since he came on board, he'd probably be more receptive to the idea, but since we are having top 10 classes and they are lucky to get top 20...why bother? And if we had played Texas the past 2 years, it really would only have hurt their recruiting, so I'm not quite sure why they are so enamored with rekindling the rivalry. Perhaps it's that arrogance thing at work again

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I sense no urgency from Austin to rekindle the rivalry. Strong was here for mere months when he said that and I think he was just speaking as a fan. not as a representative of one of the two schools. The idea that the Longhorns are somehow desperate to resume the rivalry is more College Station delusion. You had a nice run with Manziel just as UT did with Vince Young and Colt McCoy. Even then, you were barely good enough to beat Duke fercryinoutloud last year so let's just see how well you guys play without your savior.

I like Sumlin. Good man. But he never could run a defense and his teams had to score in the 40s to win most of the time. That won't cut it in the SEC long term.

I really don't know what Texas has with Charlie Strong but, from what I can gather, he's going to emphasize defense and toughness - something UT needed to get back on top. He may need a few years to get his type of player here and folks (for now) seem optimistic and willing to be patient.

Trivia question: Last time Texas A&M was in a BCS bowl game was....

Adopted Bronco:

Thanks for proving our point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Did Mack get his statue?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

You're welcome. Thanks for proving mine. You think a couple of nine-win seasons and a Heisman gives you bragging rights.

27-25, baby. The last word on this rivalry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

You're welcome. Thanks for proving mine. You think a couple of nine-win seasons and a Heisman gives you bragging rights.

I am not sure how using Vince Young and Colt McCoy support your argument.

Sec.

Adopted Bronco:

LOL. You sound like a Patriots fan.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information