Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC football

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It is very young...I'll give you that. But what does that say about Alabama's defense? 42 points that should have been 49 if Manziel doesnt throw that dumbass fade pass for an INT with two huge options wide open.

Tell me another team that will outscore A&M or put up 42 on Alabama. Without a resonable answer...that game was the 2 best teams. Reason number 128,264 why they need a playoff system
    That's a good question. I don't think A&M is going to be able to score that much every week. There will be weeks where they will struggle to put points on the board. I'm honestly not sure how good Alabama is right now because they just didn't look very good against Virginia Tech. That game was pretty close if not for some special teams scores. Alabama also did a poor job of running the ball and stopping the run against VT.

I think there will be a few weeks this year where A&M can't control the clock and falls behind. I see them losing 2 more games. Having said that, I don't know what their schedule is.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That's a good question. I don't think A&M is going to be able to score that much every week. There will be weeks where they will struggle to put points on the board. I'm honestly not sure how good Alabama is right now because they just didn't look very good against Virginia Tech. That game was pretty close if not for some special teams scores. Alabama also did a poor job of running the ball and stopping the run against VT.

I think there will be a few weeks this year where A&M can't control the clock and falls behind. I see them losing 2 more games. Having said that, I don't know what their schedule is.
    Trust me when I say a very overrated LSU is the only other competition we have. SMU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn, Vandy, Miss St., Missou. Sorry...but I just dont see any of those teams holding us to 20 or outscoring us. Let alone 2 of them. Now I could be wrong, as upsets happen all the time, but on paper, I just dont see it.

Trust me when I say a very overrated LSU is the only other competition we have. SMU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn, Vandy, Miss St., Missou. Sorry...but I just dont see any of those teams holding us to 20 or outscoring us. Let alone 2 of them. Now I could be wrong, as upsets happen all the time, but on paper, I just dont see it.
    I agree, I didn't realize they didn't have to play South Carolina or Georgia.

Adopted Bronco:

I agree, I didn't realize they didn't have to play South Carolina or Georgia.
    Pretty easy one this year. Bama was the only things keeping us from the SEC CG

Pretty easy one this year. Bama was the only things keeping us from the SEC CG

A&M is in the same division as Alabama?

Adopted Bronco:

A&M is in the same division as Alabama?
    Yep. SEC West

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think we'll get a better idea about just how good Ole Miss is when they play Bama. But right now i think against the Aggies defense and that the game is in Oxford, the Rebels will be no gimme. That's the one i'm looking at right now for someone that has the best chance of beating the Aggies. Offensively they have the weapons to get in a shootout with anybody. I think their going to give Bama a good game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I always look forward to the LSU/Ole Miss games.

My boys and I are watching Chapparal vs Desert Mountain HS football. DM QB is a committal to TA&M.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I always look forward to the LSU/Ole Miss games.

My boys and I are watching Chapparal vs Desert Mountain HS football. DM QB is a committal to TA&M.
    I sat here and watched that comeback. Amazing by Chaparral. I wonder if that commit will throw picks near the endzone for TAMU. It has to be draining for anyone on the Desert Mountain sideline to be up by 28 and lose by a touchdown.

High school football is fun. I wish I could get into it more. My school didn't have a football team, but our cross-town rivals do. It's hard to cheer for your rivals though.

I don't know man...LSU looks pretty good to me. I don't think I can pick A&M in that one.

Adopted Bronco:

It'll be interesting to see what Sumlin does with Kyle Allen. The kid improved a ton over the summer to move to 5 star status, but he's not really a runner like Manziel is. But Sumlin has had plenty of success with pocket passers too. I'm looking forward to the kid coming aboard.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I don't know man...LSU looks pretty good to me. I don't think I can pick A&M in that one.
    We'll see what LSU is made of this Saturday against the Dogs. Auburn exposed their weaknesses Saturday night.

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    We'll see what LSU is made of this Saturday against the Dogs. Auburn exposed their weaknesses Saturday night.
    Geaux Tigers. Big game for both teams.

15. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Geaux Tigers. Big game for both teams.
    It comes down to LSU's run game. The run game has been their bread and butter the last couple meetings. And the Tigers defense needs to show up.....the cupcake schedule is over.

I'm looking forward to a good game.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

There's a moron on CBS Sports.com claiming the SEC provides the best NFL quarterbacks. Besides the Mannings, his list includes Ryan Tannehill (Texas A&M) and Blaine Gabbert (Missouri). Duh...both those QBs played college ball when their schools were in the Big XII.

The SEC did give the NFL Jay Cutler (Vandy) but otherwise the SEC's contributions to the NFL quarterbacking community have largely been the product of Mrs. Manning's womb.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information