Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC football

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    After Clowney and Manziel are gone

Just making room for the next Manziel and Clowney...

3. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Georgia fan equivalent of a Donkster...

Calling into 92.9 TheGame in Atlanta (per the user who uploaded the video), a passionate UGA fan—a self-proclaimed lover of the 'Dawgs—let his grief be known, breaking down and crying on live air during a plea for head coach Mark Richt to be fired:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...gn=programming

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    Georgia fan equivalent of a Donkster...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...gn=programming
    LOL, Richt has them in centention every year for the SEC title, and yet the one or two games they lose there are sill Georgia fans calling for his head....unbelievable.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Fact: Jadaveon Clowney and Jesus Christ have the same initials.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Best such sign I ever saw was on the Yankee Stadium marquee a few decades ago:

July 15-17: Billy Graham Crusade.
    July 18-20: The Angels.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Good read from AthlonSports.com on the offenses and defenses so far this year (work is sooo slow today)....

SEC Offenses on Pace for Breakout Season

Where did the defense go in the SEC?

Nick Saban left Kyle Field on Saturday in a state of relief rather than triumph.

Alabama could say it avenged its only loss last season and picked up a key SEC road win in what it hopes is another run to an SEC championship and national title.

But the Crimson Tide couldn’t say it solved Texas A&M and Johnny Manziel the second time around. Alabama won 49-42 and gave up 628 yards, the most ever surrendered by the Alabama defense. A 95-yard touchdown catch by Mike Evans — aided by both a deep pass by Manziel over an Alabama defender and a failed arm tackle — narrowed the game to a touchdown in the fourth quarter.

“Games like that are great for fans,” Saban said. “But they take years of your life as a coach.”

If Saban, the top defensive coach of his era, is this spent after a win, what hope will other coaches have in what may be the most explosive season the SEC has seen in a while?

Beyond the showdown in Texas A&M, Georgia escaped South Carolina 41-30 in a game featuring 990 total yards in the other marquee SEC game this season. The conference that has prided itself on defense during a run of seven national championships is now featuring games that would be more at home in the Big 12.

Through five intraconference games, SEC teams are averaging more yards per game, points per game and yards per play than any season since at least 2007, according to statistics derived from cfbstats.com.

The only reason Alabama scored so many points is because A&M's defense is awful. The only way A&M finishes in the top ten this year is if they score 40+ points a game.

Adopted Bronco:

Sadly, the National Championship was played last week. The rest of the season is a wash.

Sadly, the National Championship was played last week. The rest of the season is a wash.
    I don't man, A&M's defense is pretty bad.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The only reason Alabama scored so many points is because A&M's defense is awful. The only way A&M finishes in the top ten this year is if they score 40+ points a game.
    Why? Who else is going to beat us? LSU?

Why? Who else is going to beat us? LSU?
    I think there are several teams in the SEC that are better than A&M, other than Alabama. Georgia, South Carolina, and yes, LSU.

Adopted Bronco:

I don't man, A&M's defense is pretty bad.
    It is very young...I'll give you that. But what does that say about Alabama's defense? 42 points that should have been 49 if Manziel doesnt throw that dumbass fade pass for an INT with two huge options wide open.

Tell me another team that will outscore A&M or put up 42 on Alabama. Without a resonable answer...that game was the 2 best teams. Reason number 128,264 why they need a playoff system

Adopted Bronco:

I think there are several teams in the SEC that are better than A&M, other than Alabama. Georgia, South Carolina, and yes, LSU.
    Where is LSU findint the offensive firepower to run with A&M. Both their defense and offense are weaker than Alabama...so how does that compute in them being better? I'm not begrudging you of your opinion, but I'm really curious as to how LSU, SC and UGA are going to keep pace with A&M. Especially since 2 of them wont see them in a game

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information