Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC football

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

FoxSportsSouth 2012 SEC Schedules

Some winners, some losers. Ole Miss's schedule is brutal. Looks like alot of great matchups though.

2. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

What I found interesting is that Texas A&M's home schedule in 2012 now has Florida, LSU and Missouri whereas if they had stayed in the Big XII, their home schedule would have featured Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Kansas St. (assuming home/road schedules would flip from the 2011 one). I realize the Aggies didn't switch for just one season but, on the surface, that looks like a wash.

They're also arguing about whether they should break their contract with Jerry World about playing Arkansas there every year. Now that they are conference opponents, they want to switch it to a home-and-home.

I know they really want to clear the decks so they can play the Longhorns every year at Jerry World, but that ain't gonna happen.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Les Miles seems a little butthurt over this one!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...n-gunner-kiel/

Sounds like Arkansas HC Petrino has dug himself a hole as well.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...football-team/
    Last edited by Nomad; 04-07-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Les Miles seems a little butthurt over this one!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...n-gunner-kiel/

Sounds like Arkansas HC Petrino has dug himself a hole as well.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...football-team/
    NBC (the Notre Dame network) is simply turning Miles comments into sour grapes. Kiel either has a sack or he doesn't and we'll find out in due course. Remember Brady Quinn?

Petrino is in far worse shape and I'm not talking about busted ribs. Petrino appears to have a pretty blonde 25-year-old gal pal that he was hiding from his family until Petrino and the gal pal wiped out on his motorcycle and then he had to explain what exactly she was doing at the scene. It's never fun to answer the "and what was SHE doing there?" question from the wife.

Holy Mike Price! This could be the end of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    NBC (the Notre Dame network) is simply turning Miles comments into sour grapes. Kiel either has a sack or he doesn't and we'll find out in due course. Remember Brady Quinn?

Petrino is in far worse shape and I'm not talking about busted ribs. Petrino appears to have a pretty blonde 25-year-old gal pal that he was hiding from his family until Petrino and the gal pal wiped out on his motorcycle and then he had to explain what exactly she was doing at the scene. It's never fun to answer the "and what was SHE doing there?" question from the wife.

I believe if Arkansas doesn't have a good season then he'd be gone. What do you think the SEC uses to prompt firings? Wins and Losses, of course.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post

After what happened in the NCG especially with some of the LSU players, Miles is an arrogant dick and I was starting to like the guy. He should just let it go and focus on Mettenberger.

As far as Petrino, I don't see the Hogs letting him go.....I'd be shocked. But you're right, it's dealing with his family that's going to be the rough road.

Mike Price....I forgot about him at Alabama. He did great things at WAZZU.

This is just a question because I honestly do not know.

How many NFL QB's has Les Miles produced? Every time I watch LSU they have an amazing team with a terrible QB.

I kind of think they are incapable of grooming a competent one, and if I was an elite prospect at QB wanting to get good coaching to get to the NFL, LSU is one of the last places I would go.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    This is just a question because I honestly do not know.

How many NFL QB's has Les Miles produced? Every time I watch LSU they have an amazing team with a terrible QB.

I kind of think they are incapable of grooming a competent one, and if I was an elite prospect at QB wanting to get good coaching to get to the NFL, LSU is one of the last places I would go.
    I would goto Duke.

10. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Most good college programs will be run-oriented so will favor quarterbacks with running/option skills to ones with pure passing skills. Typically, good conferences have one or two weak schools that develop good quarterbacks because they often play from behind - those include Vanderbilt (jay Cutler), Purdue (Drew Brees) and Stanford (Andrew Luck, John Elway).

Your typical SEC, Big 10, Big XII schools don't develop the best quarterbacks because running is safer than throwing and they have the bigger players to run effectively. Only the Pac 10/12 throws the ball enough to really groom top quarterbacks. Yes, there are exceptions but those are the overall trends.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Make or break year for Dooley in Tennessee. No more excuses about not having the depth or upper classmen. HIS recruits are now front and center as juniors, sophs and frosh.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Make or break year for Dooley in Tennessee. No more excuses about not having the depth or upper classmen. HIS recruits are now front and center as juniors, sophs and frosh.
    Let's hope the best players on the team don't get hurt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

and we have some tough road games

Wow. Petrino really did get fired.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

good. he's a POS

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

For THIS?????

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information