Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Don't count your chickens....

Thumbs up Don't count your chickens....

There are lots of old axioms like 'don't count your chickens before they hatch' and 'putting the cart before the horse'...

Ok - I'm a Colts fan and was crushed when we lost Peyton. But the cool thing is now I get to root for two teams this year effectively doubling my football enjoyment. But enough about me - I've been reading a lot of posts on here and you all are wise in being cautious. No one wants to risk the emotional let down of unfulfilled expectations. But this fan is here to encourage you to dream. So lets get the truly inescapable caveats out of the way. Assuming:

- Peyton Manning does not get squished on any play during the season (regardless of injury it's a concern and always was when he was at Indy)

That's it... I don't care if Peyton is 75% his ability to dissect a defense within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage is amazing. I'd have taken Peyton at 75% all season long back here in Indy (on its face and not factoring any other options). He's not 75% - he's clearly 90+ (and that's conservative) based upon what we're hearing. Add to that your other offensive assets, defense and the addition of Jack Delrio (I nearly feel over when I heard he joined you guys) and it all adds up to something amazing.

This is all meaningless of course. I'm nobody from po-dunk-ville Indiana - but this fan cannot wait to watch the Broncos this year. I have watched too much of Peyton playing to know that it's not hype, it's not over-reaching, he's doing all that they say he's doing and it's impact on the team is real. What he does makes a difference at every level of the organization. And despite the ugly uniforms the Broncos are going to the playoffs with at least one bye and are a contender for the Super Bowl. I say have fun and count your chickens now! Be excited! Of course I'm the one who picked my ex-wife... anyway - I'll step back into the shadows now and leave you all to your forum. GO COLTS! *whisper* and Broncos! */whisper*

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Del Rio always gave Manning a good fight when they went against each other JAX vs INDY. He's a hell of a defensive mind.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived broncobryce For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    Del Rio always gave Manning a good fight when they went against each other JAX vs INDY. He's a hell of a defensive mind.
    Del Rio's defensive always seemed play pretty well against Manning but also having an effective running game didn't hurt either.

"Better not to leap in order not to weep. Better to keep your peace and avoid an early decease!" -- Ancient Ethiopian saying.

I just thought I'd throw that out there for balance.

can we ban this guy now? ^

Quote Originally Posted by Frapster View Post
    There are lots of old axioms like 'don't count your chickens before they hatch' and 'putting the cart before the horse'...

Ok - I'm a Colts fan and was crushed when we lost Peyton. But the cool thing is now I get to root for two teams this year effectively doubling my football enjoyment. But enough about me - I've been reading a lot of posts on here and you all are wise in being cautious. No one wants to risk the emotional let down of unfulfilled expectations. But this fan is here to encourage you to dream. So lets get the truly inescapable caveats out of the way. Assuming:

- Peyton Manning does not get squished on any play during the season (regardless of injury it's a concern and always was when he was at Indy)

That's it... I don't care if Peyton is 75% his ability to dissect a defense within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage is amazing. I'd have taken Peyton at 75% all season long back here in Indy (on its face and not factoring any other options). He's not 75% - he's clearly 90+ (and that's conservative) based upon what we're hearing. Add to that your other offensive assets, defense and the addition of Jack Delrio (I nearly feel over when I heard he joined you guys) and it all adds up to something amazing.

This is all meaningless of course. I'm nobody from po-dunk-ville Indiana - but this fan cannot wait to watch the Broncos this year. I have watched too much of Peyton playing to know that it's not hype, it's not over-reaching, he's doing all that they say he's doing and it's impact on the team is real. What he does makes a difference at every level of the organization. And despite the ugly uniforms the Broncos are going to the playoffs with at least one bye and are a contender for the Super Bowl. I say have fun and count your chickens now! Be excited! Of course I'm the one who picked my ex-wife... anyway - I'll step back into the shadows now and leave you all to your forum. GO COLTS! *whisper* and Broncos! */whisper*
    don't listen to one word of this non-sense

this guy is not a Coat fan he was a fan of the Indianapolis Manning's

8. The Following User High Fived dacoats For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dacoats View Post
    don't listen to one word of this non-sense

this guy is not a Coat fan he was a fan of the Indianapolis Manning's
    Tell us more about the "city of champions."
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    "Better not to leap in order not to weep. Better to keep your peace and avoid an early decease!" -- Ancient Ethiopian saying.

I just thought I'd throw that out there for balance.
    So there really is an Ancient Ethiopian saying that rhymes perfectly when you translate it into English?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Tell us more about the "city of champions."
    I can tell you about how I hit a homerun in yankee stadium with a toothpick, how is that for starters?

don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Ok - after the preseason games and finally getting to watch Peyton in game 1 against the Steelers I had to come back and just grin. My expectations for Denver this year are not diminished. Yes - anything can happen - but there's every reason to believe. I know I am. Yes - I'm rooting for Denver and without apology. I'm rooting for my Colts too but the amount of respect I have for Manning I just can't help but want him to succeed and it's going to require the whole team and all of you guys. Ok - i'll go away again... for a while.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Frapster For This Post:

Goose: It's the bottom of the 9th, the score is tied. It's time for the big one.
    Iceman: You up for this one, Maverick?
    Maverick: Just a walk in the park, Kazansky

17. The Following User High Fived Superchop 7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

manning, he's good.
    last I checked it akes more than just a QB to win an NFL game.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Quote Originally Posted by Frapster View Post
    And despite the ugly uniforms the Broncos are going to the playoffs with at least one bye and are a contender for the Super
    Damn, I was going to high five you and then you had to go ahead and say something....well......very Doltish.

Our uniforms are wayyyy wayyyy better than the Colts. You guys have very plain looking unis and rather boring to say the least. Look at it this way, Peyton traded in the horseshoe for the whole damn horse. He traded a cute cuddly little baby colt in for a bad ass bucking Bronco.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    Fine. Can I put my balls in it instead?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information