Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How I met Peyton

Default How I met Peyton

Hi, Bronco fans. I am new to this forum and to being a fan of the Broncos. I got here because I am such an avid fan of Peyton Manning.

It goes all the way back to Archie, his Dad. I was living in New Orleans when Archie played for the Saints. He was a good qb, but played on a terrible team. When his boys grew up and became prominent, I started following their careers. I followed Peyton from Newman High to the Vols, to the Colts and now to the Broncos.

I met Peyton in 2005, when, after losing everything in Hurricane Katrina, I was invited to throw out the ball at a Colts game. That is Peyton and me in my avatar. Over time, I will post some more of the pictures in an album on here. He was so kind and gracious to my daughter and me, honoring my request to meet him and then spending quality time with us. It was a big thrill in my life.

I hope to post quite a bit here, as I love to write, and I love football. The Broncos are now my NFL team. I have always admired John Elway, one of the all time greats. Of course I pull for the Saints too, but cannot pull against Peyton and did not when the Colts played the Saints for the Lombardi. Enjoying college football also, I am a fan of the LSU Tigers. I would also like to say that I greatly admire Tim Tebow and pulled for him and the Broncos. I hope he does well and becomes a great qb wherever he goes.

NFL favorites now: Broncos, Saints, Giants. Oh, yes, Eli is elite. Archie and Olivia must be so proud of their sons. Anyway, I was a loyal Colts fan, but am mad at them now because of how they could so easily cut the man who may be the greatest qb ever. He did not deserve that. Luck will never live up to his legacy.

I hope I am welcome. I had trouble getting registered on another major Broncos forum, so I chose this one. I have read all the rules and intend to obey them. I hope to visit Denver some day, although I do not get around much any more.

Go Broncos, or as we say in Louisiana, Geaux.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Welcome to the boards...whole heartedly
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Welcome

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Welcome peg, always great to have another Broncos' fan on BF

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by pegcage View Post
    NFL favorites now: Broncos, Saints, Giants. Oh, yes, Eli is elite. Archie and Olivia must be so proud of their sons. Anyway, I was a loyal Colts fan, but am mad at them now because of how they could so easily cut the man who may be the greatest qb ever. He did not deserve that. Luck will never live up to his legacy.
    So basically you just like watching football and met Peyton Manning once.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shananahan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    Me too. Except I haven't met Payton yet.

I'm glad to see the Cajun Nation representing. Do you think you can introduce me to your friend?

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

I hope I am welcome. I had trouble getting registered on another major Broncos forum, so I chose this one. I have read all the rules and intend to obey them. I hope to visit Denver some day, although I do not get around much any more.

As far as I'm concerned you're welcome here. We have several Southern Folk on the board. The gentleman that runs the place is from your neck o' the woods. You guys may be able to road trip to a Broncos game.

Strong cliffs, bud. Thanks for saving me 5 mins.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Welcome to the Boards......
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Awesome! Welcome!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Hi, Bronco fans. I am new to this forum and to being a fan of the Broncos. I got here because I am such an avid fan of Peyton Manning.

It goes all the way back to Archie, his Dad. I was living in New Orleans when Archie played for the Saints. He was a good qb, but played on a terrible team. When his boys grew up and became prominent, I started following their careers. I followed Peyton from Newman High to the Vols, to the Colts and now to the Broncos.

I met Peyton in 2005, when, after losing everything in Hurricane Katrina, I was invited to throw out the ball at a Colts game. That is Peyton and me in my avatar. Over time, I will post some more of the pictures in an album on here. He was so kind and gracious to my daughter and me, honoring my request to meet him and then spending quality time with us. It was a big thrill in my life.

I hope to post quite a bit here, as I love to write, and I love football. The Broncos are now my NFL team. I have always admired John Elway, one of the all time greats. Of course I pull for the Saints too, but cannot pull against Peyton and did not when the Colts played the Saints for the Lombardi. Enjoying college football also, I am a fan of the LSU Tigers. I would also like to say that I greatly admire Tim Tebow and pulled for him and the Broncos. I hope he does well and becomes a great qb wherever he goes.

Welcome to the boards Peg! I got stationed in New Orleans right before Katrina, stayed for the storm as a member of the NASJRB Belle Chasse emergency operations team, and worked recovery/assistance for months after. I called New Orleans home until late 2008, married a Nola girl, and can't wait to come home. My time in New Orleans made me fall in live with the city and her people, it's definitely where I consider home now.

Where in the city were you before the storm? Where do you live now?

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    Strong cliffs, bud. Thanks for saving me 5 mins.
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

I lived in New Orleans for years, but moved away in 1985. I lived in Biloxi, MS during Hurricane Katrina.

My last home in New Orleans, though, was in New Orleans East. During the long years I was in New Orleans I lived in several different sections of the city.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

Welcome aboard peg!
    Thanks Shake!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Peg, is that you and Manning in your avatar?

It's hard to make out, but it looks like you tower over him. How tall are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

18. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information