Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How I met Peyton

Quote Originally Posted by pegcage View Post
    Hi, Bronco fans. I am new to this forum and to being a fan of the Broncos. I got here because I am such an avid fan of Peyton Manning.

It goes all the way back to Archie, his Dad. I was living in New Orleans when Archie played for the Saints. He was a good qb, but played on a terrible team. When his boys grew up and became prominent, I started following their careers. I followed Peyton from Newman High to the Vols, to the Colts and now to the Broncos.

I met Peyton in 2005, when, after losing everything in Hurricane Katrina, I was invited to throw out the ball at a Colts game. That is Peyton and me in my avatar. Over time, I will post some more of the pictures in an album on here. He was so kind and gracious to my daughter and me, honoring my request to meet him and then spending quality time with us. It was a big thrill in my life.

I hope to post quite a bit here, as I love to write, and I love football. The Broncos are now my NFL team. I have always admired John Elway, one of the all time greats. Of course I pull for the Saints too, but cannot pull against Peyton and did not when the Colts played the Saints for the Lombardi. Enjoying college football also, I am a fan of the LSU Tigers. I would also like to say that I greatly admire Tim Tebow and pulled for him and the Broncos. I hope he does well and becomes a great qb wherever he goes.

NFL favorites now: Broncos, Saints, Giants. Oh, yes, Eli is elite. Archie and Olivia must be so proud of their sons. Anyway, I was a loyal Colts fan, but am mad at them now because of how they could so easily cut the man who may be the greatest qb ever. He did not deserve that. Luck will never live up to his legacy.

I hope I am welcome. I had trouble getting registered on another major Broncos forum, so I chose this one. I have read all the rules and intend to obey them. I hope to visit Denver some day, although I do not get around much any more.

Go Broncos, or as we say in Louisiana, Geaux.
    Man I almost started to cry during that post. Your heartfelt honesty and your emotion really pulled me in, but when you started that crap that its the Coats fault Manning left, I almost puked. You blame the Coats? How dare you when Manning faked a neck injury sealing his fate. Delaying a contract so Coats couldn't attack any of the decent free agents going into last season sealing his fate, and Manning handcuffing Irsay and refusing to restructure his deal.

It is Manning's fault, I blame your golden child, and when I speak the Coats nation is right behind me. Us Coat fans know the real story and we know how he set this whole thing up. His father is his biggest problem. Always has been. Maybe if he would have raised him instead of spoiled him he would have more respect and not think the world is all about him and his commercials.

I am sorry about your loss in Katrina but to be honest if you are going to be a Brinko fan, photo shop that picture and take our shirt off. You don't deserve to wear the blue and white. Do you understand? We don't want you wearing our colors if you are a bandwagon fan.

We are the Indianapolis Coats not the Indianapolis Manning's
    Last edited by Davii; 06-30-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dacoats View Post
    Man I almost started to cry during that post. Your heartfelt honesty and your emotion really pulled me in, but when you started that crap that its the Coats fault Manning left, I almost puked. You blame the Coats? How dare you when Manning faked a neck injury sealing his fate. Delaying a contract so Coats couldn't attack any of the decent free agents going into last season sealing his fate, and Manning handcuffing Irsay and refusing to restructure his deal.

It is Manning's fault, I blame your golden child, and when I speak the Coats nation is right behind me. Us Coat fans know the real story and we know how he set this whole thing up. His father is his biggest problem. Always has been. Maybe if he would have raised him instead of spoiled him he would have more respect and not think the world is all about him and his commercials.

I am sorry about your loss in Katrina but to be honest if you are going to be a Brinko fan, photo shop that picture and take our shirt off. You don't deserve to wear the blue and white. Do you understand? We don't want you wearing our colors if you are a bandwagon fan.

We are the Indianapolis Coats not the Indianapolis Manning's

It's actually Baltimore's colors. Indianapolis isn't even a real NFL city and now that Manning isn't there they'll probably be moving once again. I wonder if Irsay has Mayflower Moving on speed dial? BY the way, does that joke of a franchise of yours still pump in artificial crowd noise?
    Last edited by Davii; 07-01-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Man, its tough in here...
    Enjoy my "German Denver Broncos fans" page on Facebook.

5. The Following User High Fived Mr. Pro Bowl For This Post:

Surely this idiot (dacoats) doesn't think we believe he's a colts fan with his complete crap, does he? He's obviously a Tebow fanboi trying to stir trouble.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Who are the "Coats"? Is that what the Burlington Coat factory sponsored little league team is calling themselves these days?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Davii
    Who are the "Coats"? Is that what the Burlington Coat factory sponsored little league team is calling themselves these days?
    Think of how a black person would say "Colts". That who da coats be
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

10. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

No, because of Colt 45., black people know how to say colt. I see what you did, and I just have to axe you, iz you crazy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by King87
    No, because of Colt 45., black people know how to say colt. I see what you did, and I just have to axe you, iz you crazy?
    Well I asked dacoats if he was black because if he was I could see why he spells Colts the way he does and he said I got it.

14. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

We're going to have to ask Gamechanger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

If he ever comes back

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Imagine how long it must take him to write one of his masterpieces
    So am I reading this right? Is this really the second time you're attempting to make fun of me for being published? And without ever reading any of it?

That's a pretty impressive feat of ignorance.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    So am I reading this right? Is this really the second time you're attempting to make fun of me for being published? And without ever reading any of it?

That's a pretty impressive feat of ignorance.
    How are we supposed to read it when you won't tell us what it is? How do we even know you're not lying?

I have a doctorate from Harvard, but I'm not going to tell you in what. I'm an astronaut, but I'm not going to tell you what missions I was involved in. I'm a pro basesball player but I'm not going to tell you which team I play for.

Edit: you can't come to a MB, spout off about how smart and badass and published you are, not back any of it up with proof, and then expect not to take any shit for it. That is a truly impressive feat of ignorance.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

20. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

In all fairness, he did post a link to his latest book in the workout thread. I don't like defending Rev, but I'm just pointing that out.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    In all fairness, he did post a link to his latest book in the workout thread. I don't like defending Rev, but I'm just pointing that out.
    I never saw that. Either way, his attitude warrents him being made fun of. He can take it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I never saw that. Either way, his attitude warrents him being made fun of. He can take it.
    I agree. I can't take it though because I'm overly sensitive, so please don't make fun of me.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information