Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Should Be Heavy Favorites In AFC West

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

amazing how quickly the attitude changed from superbowl to just playoffs in 1 month.

Lol. Yay for another tebow thread. :fart:
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

3. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    better be alot more then favorites, we traded a playoff qb away to get a injured HOF. HOF has to deliver.
    So, Manning isn't a "playoff QB?"

So trading away a QB that went to the playoffs (with an 8-8 record) is somehow taking a chance over a QB that has gone to the playoffs 11 of 13 yrs starting???

Thats just not logical thinking. LOTS of very poor, and very average, QBs have "gone to" the playoffs. Doesn't mean they give their team the best chance to win if/when replaced. EVERY team in the NFL is doing whatever they can to PUT themselves in the absolute BEST chance for success. Tebow, absolutely, 100% did NOT give us the best chance to win over Manning....... PERIOD. I Don't care if we don't win. I don't care if we don't win a playoff game. I don't care if we don't win the Super Bowl. The FACT is, Manning is 10x's the QB that our previous QB was.... thus we have a MUCH MUCH MUCH better CHANCE of success. That is ALLLLLLLLLL any team can do at this point of the game.

To judge on Manning's success this coming season, and comparing it to the team's success (of 8-8 remember) is really absurd. Going to the playoffs at 8-8....is pretty lucky (and pathetic for a division). Tebow isn't here, and wouldn't be leading THIS team, THIS year. ANY kind of "guessing" on how he would have done in Manning's place, is nothing but complete guess work and wishing.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I'm not attacking the QB change as much as I'm attacking all the Tebow hating. The haters all talk like replacing Tebow with a quadriplegic would be an upgrade while pooh-poohing "results" such as taking a 1-4 team and going 8-5 as the starter, including a playoff win.

I know the Tebow fanwagon made haters out of some of you bur you can't deny Tebow was a winning quarterback in Denver when given a chance to start. Even if you hated how it looked, more often than not the Broncos won. It's a fact and you can piss on it all you want but it's still a fact.

I've never said Manning had to win a Super Bowl to be a success but more than a few around here seem to think it's a given that he will, despite winning only one Super Bowl all his years with the Colts. That's why I said the Marino example might not help your case because Marino was a no-doubt Hall of Fame quarterback with no Lombardis.

I'll agree that replacing Tebow with Manning, if heathy, is a no-brainer but I also think some of the logic is mostly Tebow-hate and not rationally thought. You're replacing one winning quarterback with another winning quarterback. How they got the job done was vastly different but replacing Tebow with Manning is not like replacing Lance Ball with Adrian Peterson.

"How they get the job done was vastly different" Tebow barely has a winning record scoring 17 points a game, and Manning has mounted wins after wins on top of each other for over a decade, scoring 26 a game.

If playing the Qb position was all based on winning, Trent Dilfer would have still been the Qb of the Ravens the year after they won the superbowl. But Qbs are judged on there own individual production too, and comparing Tebow to Mannning in that aspect is just like Lance Ball to AP.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived NorCalBronco7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

If we don't win, it will be a disapointment to ssay the least, i don't think we brought in Manning to contend for a wildcard

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    If we don't win, it will be a disapointment to ssay the least, i don't think we brought in Manning to contend for a wildcard
    Sure it will be a disappointment, but that won't mean it was the wrong decision to take him over Tebow.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Sure it will be a disappointment, but that won't mean it was the wrong decision to take him over Tebow.
    The decision to take Manning over Tebow was a no-brainer. I liked Tebow, but his style of play was never going to hold up in this league even if the miracles did. The rules protect passing quarterbacks not running ones. Running quarterbacks get hurt. We got Peyton Manning, I like our chances.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

13. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    The decision to take Manning over Tebow was a no-brainer. I liked Tebow, but his style of play was never going to hold up in this league even if the miracles did. The rules protect passing quarterbacks not running ones. Running quarterbacks get hurt. We got Peyton Manning, I like our chances.
    Me too. I don't even remember the last time I was this excited for a season.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    So, Manning isn't a "playoff QB?"

So trading away a QB that went to the playoffs (with an 8-8 record) is somehow taking a chance over a QB that has gone to the playoffs 11 of 13 yrs starting???

Thats just not logical thinking. LOTS of very poor, and very average, QBs have "gone to" the playoffs. Doesn't mean they give their team the best chance to win if/when replaced. EVERY team in the NFL is doing whatever they can to PUT themselves in the absolute BEST chance for success. Tebow, absolutely, 100% did NOT give us the best chance to win over Manning....... PERIOD. I Don't care if we don't win. I don't care if we don't win a playoff game. I don't care if we don't win the Super Bowl. The FACT is, Manning is 10x's the QB that our previous QB was.... thus we have a MUCH MUCH MUCH better CHANCE of success. That is ALLLLLLLLLL any team can do at this point of the game.

To judge on Manning's success this coming season, and comparing it to the team's success (of 8-8 remember) is really absurd. Going to the playoffs at 8-8....is pretty lucky (and pathetic for a division). Tebow isn't here, and wouldn't be leading THIS team, THIS year. ANY kind of "guessing" on how he would have done in Manning's place, is nothing but complete guess work and wishing.
    no he is, is why i called him HOF, Hall of Fame. not "non playoff QB".

But before you go putting words into my mouth, Tebows Record was not 8-8. Or did you forget the 1-4 start with orton?

But we also traded away a good 2nd string qb, then used our 2nd round to get another one. Sorry but i just dont get it. He could have stayed on our team.

and the expectations are huge for Manning. I like him and i think he will live up to them. If tebow could get this team to the playoffs, Manning better damn well do it as well.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 06-25-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Thought it was a great decision made at QB, especially for our future, but I completely agree that it will be a major disappointment if Denver doesn't win at least 1 playoff game, barring some kind of injury to Manning.

But before you go putting words into my mouth, Tebows Record was not 8-8. Or did you forget the 1-4 start with orton?

But we also traded away a good 2nd string qb, then used our 2nd round to get another one. Sorry but i just dont get it. He could have stayed on our team.

and the expectations are huge for Manning. I like him and i think he will live up to them. If tebow could get this team to the playoffs, Manning better damn well do it as well.
    I didn't say HIS record was 8-8... I said we went to the playoffs with an 8-8 record. It's not like we had to win the "normal" 10 to get there. To say that we "Traded away" a playoff QB.... is just silly. NO TEAM keeps the incumbent QB after acquiring a new starter. Keeping Tebow would have been a bad move for a LOT of reasons.

Of course the expectations of Manning are high. But they would have been high on the previous QB as well. I just like our chances 10x more with Manning over our last QB.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

19. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Thought it was a great decision made at QB, especially for our future, but I completely agree that it will be a major disappointment if Denver doesn't win at least 1 playoff game, barring some kind of injury to Manning.
    No one disagrees with that. The point is even if that happens it would still have been the right decision to go with Manning over Tebow.

It was a "great decision" indeed. Love Tebow, just don't want a QB like him, and I love that this decision not only gives us Manning but it cut ties with Tebow.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

A; the expectations are always huge for Peyton Manning.

B; if Manning can't get the Broncos to the playoffs, exactly what would you expect Tebow to do?

C; do you honestly still not "get" why the Broncos had to trade Tim Tebow?.......
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 06-26-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

The Broncos traded Tebow because Manning was scared that he would lose his job to Tebones. Manning is a jealous and selfish ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information