Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Should Be Heavy Favorites In AFC West

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I look at Manning's career and the teams he carried to 13-3 records. I believe this Broncos team is better than most if not all of them and AND, the Colts played very difficult schedules too. People counting on the Broncos to lose 6 games I think are under valuing Manning and the Broncos team that carried a sub par QB into the playoffs last year. 13-3 or better.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

better be alot more then favorites, we traded a playoff qb away to get a injured HOF. HOF has to deliver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    better be alot more then favorites, we traded a playoff qb away to get a injured HOF. HOF has to deliver.
    The Broncos traded off a bad QB who had the fortune to play with a playoff
    defense to get an HOFer who has been declared healthy. I can appreciate
    that because my I.Q. is slightly larger than my shoe size . . .

4. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

The Chiefs defense is superb and if Charles comes back right the Chiefs are a good team. That being said, Denver wins the division sans Peyton Manning getting injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

(the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

7. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    The Broncos traded off a bad QB who had the fortune to play with a playoff
    defense to get an HOFer who has been declared healthy. I can appreciate
    that because my I.Q. is slightly larger than my shoe size . . .
    playoff defense threw for 316 yards with an avg of 31.6 yards per pass vs the #1 defense in the NFL? playoff defense lead the league in rushing?

Our defense was great, but our offense did show flashes of brilliance as well. Big Deal we sucked vs the Pats who were a superbowl team last year with a 2nd year qb.

All im saying is Manning has to deliver. If he doesnt there is no point.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 06-22-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

playoff defense threw for 316 yards with an avg of 31.6 yards per pass vs the #1 defense in the NFL? playoff defense lead the league in rushing?

Our defense was great, but our offense did show flashes of brilliance as well. Big Deal we sucked vs the Pats who were a superbowl team last year with a 2nd year qb.

All im saying is Manning has to deliver. If he doesnt there is no point.
    Results-based thinking is the most flawed kind. Maybe Manning retires without winning the SB in Denver, but it wouldn't mean it was the wrong call. Anyone with half a brain knows Manning gives Denver a WAY bigger chance of winning than Tebow.

Based on your logic, the Dolphins made a mistake by taking Dan Marino since he never took them to a title.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Results-based thinking is the most flawed kind.
    It's the only type of thinking that is quantifiable. As long as you remember the "past performance is no promise of future results" disclaimer, results-based thinking is the most reliable type.

Based on your logic, the Dolphins made a mistake by taking Dan Marino since he never took them to a title.
    He took the Dolphins to a Super Bowl early in his career. But Marino may do more to damage your case than support it. Of course, the Tebow-haters would rationalize JaMarcus Russell as an upgrade as long as it chased Tebow out of town. I get it.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

12. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It's the only type of thinking that is quantifiable. As long as you remember the "past performance is no promise of future results" disclaimer, results-based thinking is the most reliable type.

He took the Dolphins to a Super Bowl early in his career. But Marino may do more to damage your case than support it. Of course, the Tebow-haters would rationalize JaMarcus Russell as an upgrade as long as it chased Tebow out of town. I get it.
    In this case, results-based thinking would not be reliable. Maybe you could make that case if Tim Tebow goes on to start and win a Super Bowl somewhere. But if not, replacing him with Manning is by far the best decision. I'm not one of the Tebow haters at all, I defended him to the death here, but I don't see how you can say replacing him with Manning will be a mistake if we don't make the Super Bowl. We're replacing a guy who is taking as many reps with the Jets on the punt team as at QB with a guy who is a top 5 QB of all time and by all reports is healthy and ready to go. That's a no-brainer.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

The fact of it is, if the defense had performed to 2010 standards, our QB
    today would not be Peyton Manning. He would be Andrew Luck . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

There is no point to replacing the worst passer in the league unless Manning delivers what? What does he have to deliver, exactly? Complete a pass to the TE's every once in a while? Complete more than 2 passes a quarter? Two passes in an entire game?

Pahleeeeeeease! You make it sound like Manning has to deliver SB's to justify replacing a QB as bad as Tebow. Even if Manning never plays a single down for the Denver Broncos it was still worth it.

Where is the pretentious indignation for the other starters that got replaced? They had the same win/loss record as Tebow but nobody is whining about how Tracy Porter has to deliver because he replaced Andre' Goodman.

When you as bad as Tebow is at his position you get replaced, period, point blank. That's all there is to it.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Yeah, Tebow set the bar so high that Manning has tons of pressure to succeed.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived NorCalBronco7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'm not attacking the QB change as much as I'm attacking all the Tebow hating. The haters all talk like replacing Tebow with a quadriplegic would be an upgrade while pooh-poohing "results" such as taking a 1-4 team and going 8-5 as the starter, including a playoff win.

I know the Tebow fanwagon made haters out of some of you bur you can't deny Tebow was a winning quarterback in Denver when given a chance to start. Even if you hated how it looked, more often than not the Broncos won. It's a fact and you can piss on it all you want but it's still a fact.

I've never said Manning had to win a Super Bowl to be a success but more than a few around here seem to think it's a given that he will, despite winning only one Super Bowl all his years with the Colts. That's why I said the Marino example might not help your case because Marino was a no-doubt Hall of Fame quarterback with no Lombardis.

I'll agree that replacing Tebow with Manning, if heathy, is a no-brainer but I also think some of the logic is mostly Tebow-hate and not rationally thought. You're replacing one winning quarterback with another winning quarterback. How they got the job done was vastly different but replacing Tebow with Manning is not like replacing Lance Ball with Adrian Peterson.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

21. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm not attacking the QB change as much as I'm attacking all the Tebow hating. The haters all talk like replacing Tebow with a quadriplegic would be an upgrade while pooh-poohing "results" such as taking a 1-4 team and going 8-5 as the starter, including a playoff win.

I know the Tebow fanwagon made haters out of some of you bur you can't deny Tebow was a winning quarterback in Denver when given a chance to start. Even if you hated how it looked, more often than not the Broncos won. It's a fact and you can piss on it all you want but it's still a fact.

I've never said Manning had to win a Super Bowl to be a success but more than a few around here seem to think it's a given that he will, despite winning only one Super Bowl all his years with the Colts. That's why I said the Marino example might not help your case because Marino was a no-doubt Hall of Fame quarterback with no Lombardis.

I'll agree that replacing Tebow with Manning, if heathy, is a no-brainer but I also think some of the logic is mostly Tebow-hate and not rationally thought. You're replacing one winning quarterback with another winning quarterback. How they got the job done was vastly different but replacing Tebow with Manning is not like replacing Lance Ball with Adrian Peterson.
    I'm not a Tebow hater. Top and North, while critical of him, I would not call haters either. No one is denying there is something about him that helped us win games, but he got exposed pretty badly by the Pats. They were the first team to sit back on him and he had no answers for it. You don't think every team he ever faces will do that to him now?

What you saw last season was a regression to the mean. That 7-0 streak was not sustainable and it showed down the stretch. When those breaks stopped going our way teams started embarrassing us.

As to your last point, I would say it's exactly like that. It's no knock on Tebow, but Manning simply IS as much better than him as AP is than Lance Ball. Manning is a top 5 at least and some would argue the greatest QB of ALL TIME. Tebow on his best day couldn't even come close to sniffing Manning's jock.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Tebow was 10-8 as a starter in Denver, by definition that is a "winning quarterback". However, there is also no denying how poorly he played in most of those games, yet somehow his actual performance is habitually ignored. He's been getting worse, not better.

Saying that the Broncos replaced a winning QB with a winning QB is like replacing a new Ford Fiesta with a vintage Porch and saying you replaced a nice car with a nice car.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information