Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I put in for orders today

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Too cold. Don't want to work B-52s.
    I feel you dude. Hopefully, you'll get somewhere you can enjoy. Best of luck.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    I feel you dude. Hopefully, you'll get somewhere you can enjoy. Best of luck.
    Same here. But like I said, if I don't get anything, off to Korea for a year.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    There is a nice car scene here as well, drags, drifts, autocross.
    I'm down with drags, but not drift or autox. What are the emission laws like in Albuquerque?

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

I'm down with drags, but not drift or autox. What are the emission laws like in Albuquerque?
    Can't remember the exact pass/fail levels off the top of my head, in the city you need cat etc.. to pass emissions. In Rio Rancho you don't need anything to register the car.

I just had to put a cat on my new car since I bought it from a guy in Rio, running rich so it needs a tune as well.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

You don't want to try that Mustang on the Autobahn! Overseas cycle comes out pretty soon!! If you want out of Dyess that bad and willing to go to Cannon if you don't get your BOP then you could do a VSBAP to Cannon!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Matt Prater | Place Kicker

Offut AFB isn't bad... but it does get cold in Omaha. They do have the College World Series there.. and a great zoo. (I am from Omaha!!)
    There is always Keesler AFB here on the gulf! You could make it just in time for a BIG hurricane this year if you get your orders fast enough. (I am just joking about the big hurricane...but I have a feeling we are going to get some decent ones this year. Hope I am wrong!)
    Good luck to you getting one of your choices!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

as a former f-16 crew chief i feel your pain...Overseas doesnt interest you ???? also korea is not as bad as people make it out to be i did a year there piece of cake. Sucks being away from the fam but if you get your choice of locations for 3 years do it.

good luck
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosBlitz View Post
    You don't want to try that Mustang on the Autobahn! Overseas cycle comes out pretty soon!! If you want out of Dyess that bad and willing to go to Cannon if you don't get your BOP then you could do a VSBAP to Cannon!!
    do not do Cannon!!!!!! its a horrible dump, if you dont like dyess dont go to cannon.........!!!!!

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosBlitz View Post
    I am considering Cannon. I'd love to work gunships. I'd love to be a Flying Crew Chief on gunships. THAT would be rad. I'm not trying to go overseas. I've got a 2 1/2 year old that lives with his mom in GA, so I'm not trying to be across an ocean from him just yet. We'll see what AFPC offers me once they've turned down all the bases on my BOP list.

Are you in the AF?

My Mustang would do juuuuuust fine on the Autobahn. The suspension is set up for autoX. The guy I bought it from bought it from a doctor who used it to road race at MSR (Motor Sport Ranch) outside of Dallas. That car handles like you wouldn't believe.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Can't remember the exact pass/fail levels off the top of my head, in the city you need cat etc.. to pass emissions. In Rio Rancho you don't need anything to register the car.

I just had to put a cat on my new car since I bought it from a guy in Rio, running rich so it needs a tune as well.
    damnit. If I got orders to Kirtland I'd have to keep the Cobra registered in TX. NO WAY would that car EVER pass smog laws, even the most liberal of them, even with cats.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by schnooks1 View Post
    Offut AFB isn't bad... but it does get cold in Omaha. They do have the College World Series there.. and a great zoo. (I am from Omaha!!)
    There is always Keesler AFB here on the gulf! You could make it just in time for a BIG hurricane this year if you get your orders fast enough. (I am just joking about the big hurricane...but I have a feeling we are going to get some decent ones this year. Hope I am wrong!)
    Good luck to you getting one of your choices!
    Can't go to Keesler. And no thanks on the hurricanes.

12. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    do not do Cannon!!!!!! its a horrible dump, if you dont like dyess dont go to cannon.........!!!!!
    I've got a couple of crew chief buddies and a couple pilot buddies there now. They say that Clovis is a shit hole, but Cannon itself isn't too bad. It's not that I dislike Dyess or even Abilene, I don't like my squadron. I need to deploy I think. I've been home since Feb '08 and deployed four times between Aug '04 and when I got home in Feb '08. I'm not used to it and I don't like it to be honest.

As previously stated, no, overseas doesn't interest me right now. Though, if I got orders to Yakota I wouldn't be upset. Not a fan of Europe. Been there enough in my life to know I wouldn't want to live there.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

damnit. If I got orders to Kirtland I'd have to keep the Cobra registered in TX. NO WAY would that car EVER pass smog laws, even the most liberal of them, even with cats.
    I was surprised my Camaro passed when I had it. What are you running on the Stang?
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I've got a couple of crew chief buddies and a couple pilot buddies there now. They say that Clovis is a shit hole, but Cannon itself isn't too bad. It's not that I dislike Dyess or even Abilene, I don't like my squadron. I need to deploy I think. I've been home since Feb '08 and deployed four times between Aug '04 and when I got home in Feb '08. I'm not used to it and I don't like it to be honest.

As previously stated, no, overseas doesn't interest me right now. Though, if I got orders to Yakota I wouldn't be upset. Not a fan of Europe. Been there enough in my life to know I wouldn't want to live there.
    understandable.....i was stationed at holloman for a year, and i seperated because of it and moved back to italy with my wife who i met when i was stationed in Aviano....

as i know many 16 guys there, they do like the actual base, but there seriously is nothing to do.....to each his own i guess....im sure it will work out for ya.

good luck

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I was surprised my Camaro passed when I had it. What are you running on the Stang?
    Right now it's not running, but by the end of August it'll be done.

Built motor (forged rotating assembly)
    Custom grind billet core blower cams from ModularSpeed.com
    CNC Ported Heads
    Ported Short Runner intake/plenum
    60lb/hr injectors
    Procharger F-1A with a 4" pulley making about 18PSI and about 600 to the wheels for starters.
    3-core intercooler
    Procharger race BOV
    FRPP T-56 6-speed trans
    Built rear end w/3.73 gears
    Billstein front shocks
    Tokico adjustable rears
    Megabyte adjustable upper and lower control arms in the rear
    Eibach Pro-Kit springs

Among other things. Definitely won't pass emissions.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information